Language differences....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I see. so, when I am not as skillful at languages as you, and and try hard to alert people they didn't get my meaning, but the don't give damn and keep pushing their agenda on me - I am giving them crap... Okay...
Seems you're sounded scarstic?

I am sorry... - I am confused here- did I wanted anyone to improve or learn English better, or I simply wanted to LISTEN to me? what is that I wanted?
it seems like everyone knows better than me what I want or wanted.

*Better be?* Aren't you? er um, r u expect them LISTEN YOU that clearly?
Do you really "wanted" them UNDERSTAND YOU? or.. referring them?

*ahem* I'm getting head sore! :ugh:

Your question was harmless. I just thought you misunderstood my post.

I understand and I do believe that literacy is VERY important. My post that you quoted meant the opposite of what I said. Rick45 didn't like my post because he understood what I meant.

No problem... but I realized that I should not quote your post to confuse you with my questions and then share my POV... just add your name without quote your post since I read your interesting debate posts in several CI threads.

Yes, it´s an exactly what I want to ask you question about. I am satisfy to have your answer to my question because my question over literacy was being denied few times and kept claim that speech and hear sound development is mainly important which I see opposite...

Yes I agree with you that literacy is very important.

*Better be?* Aren't you? er um, r u expect them LISTEN YOU that clearly?
Do you really "wanted" them UNDERSTAND YOU? or.. referring them?

*sigh*
no. what i've said is - when I say "that is not what I meant, you didn't understood what I said" - do NOT reply " yes I understand".
Instead, ask " so what it is you meant to say". THAT'S listening.

Fuzzy

*sigh*
no. what i've said is - when I say "that is not what I meant, you didn't understood what I said" - do NOT reply " yes I understand".
Instead, ask " so what it is you meant to say". THAT'S listening.

Fuzzy

Thank you.. That's all!, I'm asking!

did you happen to read this Sexyporkie and Deafsceptic:
DID YOU, guys???
Fuzzy

Yes, I did. You come across as critical of us despite your claims that you're just stating the fact that some posters have problems with written English.

Yes, I did. You come across as critical of us despite your claims that you're just stating the fact that some posters have problems with written English.

Actually, I think you just want to see it this way.

and besides- some posters DO have problem expressing in standard English, as well as understanding standard English. no shame in that, nobody's fault. it just is so.

I am sorry, but I have exhausted means to convince these people that they don't understand me - (I am so sick of reapeating that) - and as last resort, in attempt to make them believe I know what I am saying - I needed to point to the root of the problem. There was no other way. not at that point.
after all how long can you repeat the same when what you say doesn't matter?

This entire post is perfect example of words falling on deaf ears. no pun intended.

Fuzzy

As the Deaf say, some people have a deaf mind, Audiofuzzy. :P

As the Deaf say, some people have a deaf mind, Audiofuzzy.

I don't know what you mean, I think I do but I better check with you first.
I got this idea for an example, meanwhile.

Suppose I have very obese friend, and I am size 4. She is oblivious to the fact HOW obese she is.
I like her very much, she is great person and all but I am not going to let her borrow my clothes for she'll ruin them. And yet she asks me constantly to borrow this or that. Finally she asked me why not? does she stinks? do I think I am better than her? I replied no but look you are much bigger than me you will rip my clothes off.
She accused me of critizing her weight, and got mad at me.
Was indeed I criticizing her weight???, or I simply was forced to point out the root of the problem?

I agree it sure wasn't pleasant for her to hear she's fat. But the truth is- she was, and that was then only reason I couldn't let her wear my clothes.

Fuzzy

I don't know what you mean, I think I do but I better check with you first.
I got this idea for an example, meanwhile.

Suppose I have very obese friend, and I am size 4. She is oblivious to the fact HOW obese she is.
I like her very much, she is great person and all but I am not going to let her borrow my clothes for she'll ruin them. And yet she asks me constantly to borrow this or that. Finally she asked me why not? does she stinks? do I think I am better than her? I replied no but look you are much bigger than me you will rip my clothes off.
She accused me of critizing her weight, and got mad at me.
Was indeed I criticizing her weight???, or I simply was forced to point out the root of the problem?

I agree it sure wasn't pleasant for her to hear she's fat. But the truth is- she was, and that was then only reason I couldn't let her wear my clothes.

Fuzzy

Well, some ADers' written English/or language aren't your clothes for you to wear, are they ? It is not the same as it applies like you think.

Some ADers' written English/or language are NAKED as it exposed to SHOW their geniune selves... their own personalities and characters to make themselves who they are. That's their identification as their own persons. It's not the same as you mentioned above about " clothin' " oh just because their written English/or language are your written English/or language to use as your identification. :roll: That's NOT the same, AudioFuzzy.

No. I didn't twist anything - you did.
I confirmed when you said "I want my father to sign to me".

No, I did not said that not in those words, I said I wish my dad would continue with his signs

Audiofuzzy said:
You know what I think? the reason you refused to answer is because you'd have to admit sign is not everything.

You have no extensive experience with sign language, Yet you had some nerve to tell me to admit that sign isn't everything? Sign is everything to me. You have no idea. I've learned spoken language and verbal communication language for my family and for the world. The reality of most hearing parents will not learn the intricacies of sign language for the deaf child, which I find that unfair. It goes both ways, not one way.

I'm saying you've got a deaf mind because you've ignored what a lot of posters said about your offensive ways.

I thought about this post all during class today :)cool:) and change my answer.

From RR's post about courtesy:

Naturally AD cannot please everyone, although, in due respect, AD can provide solitude for some, a place for inspiring and important information for some, relaxation for some, a place for good quality debating on a variety of issues, a place to share feelings whether it's personal or not (<will elaborate more on this in the next paragraph), a place where new friends or aquaintances are made and developed, a place where laughter, a smile, a chuckle can be felt. The list goes on and on. The important thing is that AD is here for your enjoyment, to use, to blend in and to interact with others. It's a community consisting from all walks of life even if the majority of the members are either deaf or HoH/CI, AD does welcome those who are hearing as members of AD to participate across the board.

This should be a place to relax, get information, meet people, share experiences. Talking about other's grammar problems does not 1) teach them grammar ("You are making mistakes and can't be understood" = not helpful) and 2) make a relaxing forum. If this was a forum for English majors, then correction and discussion of errors would be expected. This is AllDeaf, and so people struggling with verbal language should be expected.

And I think giving people's name as a list of bad writers should not be allowed. No one wants negative attention to their writing and it doesn't help people to be embarassed or talked like that

My opinion, liked or not.

QFT I remember that post, Thank you for bringing that one up! :)

I'm saying you've got a deaf mind because you've ignored what a lot of posters said about your offensive ways.

You may not realise that but the same can be said of deaf posters. A lot of them ignored and keep ignoring what I am saying (including you), and are being rude to me.

No, I did not said that not in those words, I said I wish my dad would continue with his signs

Look, here you are squabbling about irrelevant details- the gist of the story is- you wish your father signed, or signed more - that's what's important. not what exact words you or I used.
Do not take focus away from what's really important over silly details, please.

Yet you had some nerve to tell me to admit that sign isn't everything? Sign is everything to me. You have no idea
So important that you'd rather have a bad father who signs? or a LOVING father who don't?

By saying that sign laguage is not everything I am not denying it's importance in the least.

I am saying SL is only a means of communication, it does not guarantee anything else. It does not guarantee happiness.
One can have a father or mother who signs fluently but with hands says "you are worthless piece of..", or you can have a parents who love you and say with their LIPS "we love you, you are great".
see the difference?

For the life of me I can not figure why you have such a problem answering my question.

Fuzzy

You may not realise that but the same can be said of deaf posters. A lot of them ignored and keep ignoring what I am saying (including you), and are being rude to me.
You're the rude one - not us.

Look, here you are squabbling about irrelevant details- the gist of the story is- you wish your father signed, or signed more - that's what's important. not what exact words you or I used.

So important that you'd rather have a bad father who signs? or a LOVING father who don't?

By saying that sign laguage is not everything I am not denying it's importance in the least.

I am saying SL is only a means of communication, it does not guarantee anything else. It does not guarantee happiness.
One can have a father or mother who signs fluently but with hands says "you are worthless piece of..", or you can have a parents who love you and say with their LIPS "we love you, you are great".
see the difference?

For the life of me I can not figure why you have such a problem answering my question.

Fuzzy

I notice that you have ignored the request from one of the posters to indicate who you're quoting. You should be be indicating that you're quoting Cheri and me. It's considered good manners to do so in order to avoid confusion over who you're quoting. This is just one example of your rudeness.

Last edited by a moderator:

see the difference?

Fuzzy

Yes I know you had read my post... Thats how I feel about you.... you had not socialize with other deafies to understand their grammars.. i consider them smarter than you..... you had not lived in deaf world to understand their grammars.. it is your loss...you are insulting our grammars... you are not perfect. either am I...

Moreover, the re-visiting of content for which RR stepped in with a warning; now, I see that same content here again....this is so beyond belief.

Moreover, the re-visiting of content for which RR stepped in with a warning; now, I see that same content here again....this is so beyond belief.

Yep, this is one of her " head-games " to play by makin' it go in circle all over again. She wouldn't stop. She will do it again for 1,000th times. She hasn't learned, Tousi.

I notice that you have ignored the request from one of the posters to indicate who you're quoting. You should be be indicating that you're quoting Cheri and me. It's considered good manners to do so in order to avoid confusion over who you're quoting. This is just one example of your rudeness.

Yeppers I agree because I don't have time to go back and find out who's post that she quoted or if she was really replying this to me or someone's else :dunno:

Yea, she is ignoring what I stated about her quotes not including the posters' names in them....

I guess it is because she doesn't want to admit that she doesn't know how to include the names in her quotes or she is just being rude with not including the names just to confuse us.

I don't like telling other posters what to do with their posts and quotes but since she is telling us what to do with ours, I don't see why not for us to tell her what to do with hers!!

I didn't ingore the request, I entirely missed it. Where is it, please?
I thought everyone knows their own quotes, anyway?

See how are you blowing things out of proportion, once again accusing me of something I didn't do and speculating bunch of nonsense about me.
and is this the deaf way of being polite, Deafsceptic?:

SEXYPORKIE:
Fuzzy...come on you wear two hearing aids and knows little of sign langauges.... and everyone does have poor grammars and some has good grammars.. What right do you have to judge deaf people... yourself does not have perfect english writings.also.... SO SHADDUP

AS for Cheri- she did unneccessarily picked about words- who cares if the words are exact or not- the meaning is the same.
what she did - she diverted focus from the subject by steering attention in other direction.

whatever, guys- I see no matter how hard one tries to explain the obvious, it's waste of time...

Fuzzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back