Just a new girl saying hello!

I told you to stop asking many questions. Girls don't like too many questions because it is rude and snobby. You always tell me you understand and you promise but you didn't. You lied to me and you broke many promises.

If you can't be honest and if you can't keep promises, how can girls like you? Girls HATE HATE HATE liars who can't keep promise.

I told you to stop asking many questions. Girls don't like too many questions because it is rude and snobby. You always tell me you understand and you promise but you didn't. You lied to me and you broke many promises.

If you can't be honest and if you can't keep promises, how can girls like you? Girls HATE HATE HATE liars who can't keep promise.

I don't think he knows what his identity is yet.

okay. I always forget.

don't lie to me. Girls hate liar very much. That's why you can't find girls. Learn how to be honest.

Unless he's purposely repulsing girls in a passive-aggressive way.

I think his Catholic faith is suppressing his true identity.

that's why they never have good guys. they always have bad life. do you want to have a bad life too?

no...I remember someone lied that called a guy is hearing, in fact, he is deaf. It makes me piss off and got boundaries on this girl because she is lied too much.

Antrophomorphic, welcome. Now matajan has introduced himself, just ignore him. Don't worry your 'big brother' Jiro and souggy are your 'watch dogs'. :laugh2:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope we did not make you ignore our questions on speaking as you have a right to not speak if you don't want to. You know your way around Deaf community and Deaf socials, so that is good. As for the deaf children and people, we don't expect to have perfect speech. :roll: Nobody is telling you to use speech. I understand your situation.

Enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Hello! How is everyone doing? I'm not quite sure what to write here. I'm not going to get into my whole life story, so I'll just summarize the recent issues of my deafness. I'm late deafened and have adapted very well. I grew up in the deaf community as a hearing person, so when I lost my hearing there really wasn't any culture shock. Not to say deafness is necessarily a good thing, but it was a bit of a relief for me because I get chronic migraines multiple times a week and sound was a big trigger for them. It’s now been a few years and I’m starting to go through a bit of a transition regarding my deafness. I’m in the process of becoming voice-off. I apparently still speak just fine and use inflection well and correctly, but it’s the incredibly uncomfortable feeling that I get when I speak that really bothers me. I’ve heard that if I stop talking I will eventually forget how to pronounce sounds and get a deaf voice since I have absolutely no hearing left, but I just feel like this is something I need to do for me in order to feel comfortable with myself. I do feel guilty for doing this to my friends who know me as oral, but it’s really weighing down on me to be the one to always make the effort to communicate by lip reading and speaking. It takes more energy than people realize. I’m not all the way voice-off yet because I’m trying to take it slowly for others.

If anyone else has ever made the ‘decision’ to go voice-off, especially when you still have the ability to talk please let me know what it was like. Was it hard? How did others take it? Did it make your life easier or harder? I know some parts will be harder obviously, but I think emotionally I will be better off.

:ty: for reading!

I, myself, am hard of hearing... nearing the point of being fully deaf soon but i've been trying to not communicate much with my voice only because i'm not comfortable with myself speaking to someone and not realize how loud I am speaking or how low my voice is. On top of that, I am a boss for a few people and they talk to me like im a normal person, (i just speech read what the say and i write down the answer) I do have a hearing aid, but refuse to wear it... I get headaches like nuts wearing them now.

I was accepted as one of the Deaf who just happened to be hearing. Then when I became deaf, I was just a late deafened person in the hearing world
Hmmmmm..... not sure what you're experiancing. We have a couple of posters who are late deaf but identify strongly as Deaf or "almost Deaf"
You don't seem to be a HLAA style "late deafie" Maybe you're just trying to find your little niche in the Deaf World.

Back