Jury Duty

Have you ever done Jury Duty before?

• Yes, it went ok for me.

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Yes, but (/&§?)($/§?)($/?)/!

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • No, but I have been summoned in the past.

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • No, I have never been summoned before.

Votes: 41 51.9%
  • What the heck is jury duty?

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No comments

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
interesting -- ive never been summoned to jury duty -- may never be summoned anyhow due to my family members -- many are career cops and now have 2 lawyers in the family LOL

mom once served on a civil jury and said it was incrediably BORING :laugh2: :laugh2:

Kuifje -- out of curiousity (and if u can post) -- what was the case were u on the jury duty for q

My brother has summoned to jury duty, 2 years ago. He wish that he turned down or face fine. because that case is so horrible. It wont take off his mind for quite while. Even He cant share or talk about with us or friends.. only counselor.. He has been changed since that case. :| Hes more quieter and kind of depressed..
Scary to be a jury duty on what kind of case.. I always hope that they dont summon me.. :)

hehe

I went to Jury Duty twice and it was fine so far. It was very interesting to listern and watch their sense. I have two interpters to take over. I heard now deafies ppl is excused from jury duty.

Oops! My jury duty last in 1992 and 1997. That is it! My first case was murder (I am in it) ..... last case was car defense drvier (not in it) :D

Scary to be a jury duty on what kind of case.. I always hope that they dont summon me..

Wow, it must be extremely horriable experience for him. Obviously that case related to a murder. Oh dear, I pray that they would NEVER summon me to listen all those craps about murder.

Sabrina

Originally posted by MizzDeaf
I went to Jury Duty twice and it was fine so far. It was very interesting to listern and watch their sense. I have two interpters to take over. I heard now deafies ppl is excused from jury duty.

Oops! My jury duty last in 1992 and 1997. That is it! My first case was murder (I am in it) ..... last case was car defense drvier (not in it) :D

murder? how do you feel? after they show pics and so much graphics? plus what it happen etc.. all that..

well my brother was in and listened the murder case related to 2 toddlers. IT was very horrific & too much graphics.. even make some jury.. :barf:

Yea, I've heard stories like that....even for those people who dress up dead bodies for funerals...they always say that young women and children are the worst of all. :(

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Yea, I've heard stories like that....even for those people who dress up dead bodies for funerals...they always say that young women and children are the worst of all. :(

Yeah, it's so sad. Even some very SICK people have put up a site about dead people or different ways people died, etc. It's sick. I have seen it and don't go there anymore cos it's sickening. I'm sure some of you have heard about it or have visited it before. (I've taken off the url as I didn't intentionally do it on purpose and I apologise). If you're over 18 and want to know which site I was referring to, please PM me or elsewhere, ok?

Goldie

Last edited:
There were a few pics of some guy's head got chopped off by a heilcopter! :shock:

of course...i wasn't even sure if they are REAL or not...

Originally posted by MsGiglz
murder? how do you feel? after they show pics and so much graphics? plus what it happen etc.. all that..

well my brother was in and listened the murder case related to 2 toddlers. IT was very horrific & too much graphics.. even make some jury.. :barf:

Oh my gosh, I would throw up for sure.

Originally posted by MsGiglz

It was not that BAD, just teenager boy shot the elder man. He said he was accidently shot the elder but others ppl in the room not believe in him. I have nothing to say, just get him warning because he has crimeral records before shot that MAN! I was asked the judge to not show me any pictures that has blood in it. He took my comments and show us others than blood pictures. I felt better but been stresses with the juriors!!!! Mostly ppl are black so I am only one look like teenager but I was 23 at the time. There are few whites who agrees with me but black felt sorry for that boy (he is also black) I understand about black but he is who shot the elder on the sence, why he bring the gun... what it is for?? no comments so guilty. Lot of agure in the room but I was just layback and listern to them all for a week! :D

I know how they felt because my school year, I was in Junior year...someone shot the teacher by accident?? no, it was happens because he was holding the gun straight to the guy but it leads to the teacher.... is it accident?? see the point same above. :D why he bring it to my school?? what is it for?? :ugh: oh well.....

Enjoy :cool:

lots of ppl have different views...

especially black and white people...they always felt that they get judged just because of skin color...sheesh

Originally posted by MizzDeaf
It was not that BAD, just teenager boy shot the elder man. He said he was accidently shot the elder but others ppl in the room not believe in him. I have nothing to say, just get him warning because he has crimeral records before shot that MAN! I was asked the judge to not show me any pictures that has blood in it. He took my comments and show us others than blood pictures. I felt better but been stresses with the juriors!!!! Mostly ppl are black so I am only one look like teenager but I was 23 at the time. There are few whites who agrees with me but black felt sorry for that boy (he is also black) I understand about black but he is who shot the elder on the sence, why he bring the gun... what it is for?? no comments so guilty. Lot of agure in the room but I was just layback and listern to them all for a week! :D

I know how they felt because my school year, I was in Junior year...someone shot the teacher by accident?? no, it was happens because he was holding the gun straight to the guy but it leads to the teacher.... is it accident?? see the point same above. :D why he bring it to my school?? what is it for?? :ugh: oh well.....

Enjoy :cool:

Yeah, true... I agreed.. "why did you have the gun *at the first place*" as long you know you shouldn't be touching it or play with it.. (*smh*)..

At my brother's jury case. the news didnt explained what happen or etc after the case is over. we found out what happen.. OMG, stepdad is very pathetic sick. I am glad that he is guility and serving life time with NO parole...

He did sexually assualt, beat them, fed them feces, put them in fifthy pen along with dogs but the mother of toddlers also went to jail for sometime too because she knew that he did them.. How sick.. how did he kill them? :( he shot them in their anals.. :ugh: thats why the pictures are horrific.. showed all those bruises, scars and broken bones and discolorations etc..

Ohhhhh wow! That is BAD! I know :roll: with ppl (white and black) Yes, the case will be not discuss til end of case... I have to ZIP my mouth til it is over!! :lol:

Deaf Jury

Have you been chosen to be a jury in court before and did you hired an interpreter?

My deaf friend was asked to be jury and she reply saying she is deaf and they cancelled it.

I was on the jury twice and has interperter for one case but other time, i was excused from the judge because of deafness -- it is reasonable.

I received email today!

No Ban on Blind/Deaf Jurors

April 6, 2004
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - TANYA NOLAN: Should the deaf and the blind be allowed to
sit on Australian juries? The Law Reform Commission in NSW wants people to
consider this question, and has just released a discussion paper examining
whether the current ban should be overturned.
Groups representing people with disabilities say those accused of crimes are
entitled to be judged by a jury of their peers, and that means a jury
representative of all Australians.
But as Nick Grimm reports, the push for deaf or blind jurors also raises
many practical considerations that need to be tackled.
NICK GRIMM: It is an old legal principle that 'justice is blind', but at
least on one level the justice system in Australia has long excluded those
who are blind themselves, as well as the deaf.
Australians without sight and hearing are unable to serve on juries, the
result of the belief that those accused of crimes are entitled to be judged
by those who can see and hear.

:roll: that sucks.. I just got summoned for jury duty again for this may but I will write down not want go cuz of deafness.. but they still will send me too many stupid jury duty now and then and yep I will get paid if i go jury duty cuz I'll miss work cuz of stupid jury duty but i rather not go cuz i don't feel comfortable with interperter or whatever

Back