Jesus Wasn't Gods Only Son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you even aware of the fact that the Mormons do follow the Holy Bible?
The official name of the Mormon religion is "The Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints," hence the LDS Church. They do not believe much differently than you do, just that they have a very different interpretation of the Bible itself.

Even if the "regular" bible is not "perverted," are you aware that men have made omissions from the regular Holy Bible throughout the years? Even if few words are omitted, sometimes it can make a big difference. Even today's Bible in Armenia has two more chapters than the European Bibles. So, which Bible is the most authorative of all?

Some people say that they don't rely on the Bible as the Word of God, but rather as a guidance from God himself. They believe in God, but not the Bible. Some people feel that the Bible is just a vessel or tool for their faiths.

Reba said:
CyberRed said:
Well, your perspective and mine are different - I mean, really way way different. It doesn't mean that it is "odd" - it has to do with my experience when I was young in my 20's. God changed my perspective after I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour. ..
...some people will NOT believe me... UNLESS, they experience it with God first. Experiencin' Him, then they will understand what my perspective is all about without unbelievin' me.
:gpost:
Reba, look at me, saying, Cybered, saying which not make post sense to me.. You guys are still judge and put your bible's verse in my face and others face as your judgment to people.. I was like.. huh.. Knew already experienced about verses written in my thoughts forever..

So my point is the holy scripture had been expreinced my life and God's word changed my thought's perspective when I read scriptures for 14 years appox.. I already gave you guys by verses by verses which changed my experience and perspective toward scriptures what you don't believed and tell me that scripture misunderstand me what the belief I believed in and some doctirne you by all scripture of inspiration and truth.. you ruined it already.. why should I share you with verses by verses.. I already created many posts in somehwhere threads.. :)

I am sorry, I am here always not believe you what you throw your message on people by own interpetations.. because God did not send you here to message to others..

I did not require you have to agree with my verses by verses of his doctrine..

You guys always focus on SPIRITUAL THINGS not exact what scriputre talk about since you preach the gospel to people you ACTUALLY dont know what the bible talk about message..

Jesus actually expect you focus on earth things first then later spiritual things when judgement comes which you can talk about his message to enemies who come to get you in their hands.

Reba said:
I am saying that the Holy Bible is the only book inspired by God as His Word of Truth
You are saying that God is truth.. your prefect qoute, you believed in God is truth, then I already told you, Canaan definitely was [i.e. african american] which servant [aka slave] to shem and gentile. but you don't believe that canaan actually is black skinned person, why are you still tell billions billions people from around world God is truth.. what the specific is your truth about which belief you actually believed in?

Reba said:
I am not sure how that relates to your question about slavery. I have never denied that slavery existed, or that it was awful and wrong, or that sadly it still exists today in some parts of the world.
Yes, why scripture made egypt's famous name? because egypt made slaves made egypt become nation since egypt in his power to the world in pattern here america made me and my people which slave created nation since my people and I made light country's weathly and only powerful nation in the world than ever. I already heard light people told me about Scripture had talked about me and my people belong to... there is already light people wrote of me in book you read, there light people already speak to you about me in scripture, but you reject them and people reject you as well bible reject you also.. You changed truth into white lie look exactly like real truth about him instead of scripture.. Thus, God will turn away from you.. GOD put you in darkness of hands right now.. God never grant you to going to heaven at all.. GOD GRANT HIS BLESSING AND POWER TO OTHER TURN AGAINST YOU IN THEIR END..I SWEAR YOU ON MY HEART BY GOD'S WORDS THAT WHAT HE SAID SO! I AINT FOOL YOU WITH HIS WORDS.. HIS WORD SHALL COME FULFILL..

kuifje75 said:
... They do not believe much differently than you do....
Do they believe that Jesus Christ is the ONLY begotten Son of God?
I do.

Do they believe that Jesus and Satan are NOT brothers?
I do.

Do they baptize LDS members for deceased souls?
I don't believe in that.

Do they believe in celestial marriage?
I don't believe in that.

Do they believe that they will someday rule other planets, populated by their many children?
I don't believe in that.

Do they believe in an equal Trinity of God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit?
I do.

Do they believe in salvation only thru faith in Jesus Christ, nothing else added, no works, no baptism, no church membership required?
I do.

Do they believe that the Holy Bible is the ONLY inerrant complete Word of God?
I do.

Sorry, but the Mormons and I believe quite differently.

... They believe in God, but not the Bible. ..
How can someone believe in God yet not believe His Word? It would be like me saying, "I believe you; I just don't believe anything you say or write." It doesn't make sense.

ckfarbes said:
...You guys always focus on SPIRITUAL THINGS ...
John 4:24
"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

Reba said:
How can someone believe in God yet not believe His Word? It would be like me saying, "I believe you; I just don't believe anything you say or write." It doesn't make sense.

I respect your opinions, but you need to respect other people's opinions as well ;) That is the whole point I am trying to talk about. Not everyone believes the same as you.

Reba said:
John 4:24
"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."
Yes I knew that already.. I already post like this somewhere thread in forums.

I remembered to read LUNZ's revealed:

..."We are God,.. God is spirit"....
somewhere in forum.. I was amazed His answer was correct, no question or not tell me that lunz is lie or He is not christian..

I believed Jesus was man of spirit and truth.. I must be alike him, therefore I am man of spirit and truth. Jesus and me are not being big different human. since Jesus took in sinful flesh like men, his flesh walked to teach his disciples, spirit was not teach or talk to them. Jesus already told his disciples "don't wroship spirit which had no bones or feet as you see me has hand and feet on earth" I strongly believed you don't fully understand what "John 4:24" meaning to you. But what is your point?

Last edited:
Getting to the core of the issue

Though not explicitly stated, it would appear to me that the real issue buried down deep within this discussion centers on the person and the claims of Jesus Christ. As C.S. Lewis(the famous former-atheist-turned-Christian) stated (paraphrasing) 'there are only 3 options when considering who Jesus is: Liar, Lunatic, Lord. He did not leave us any other option like 'just a good teacher', 'just another prophet from God'...His claims clear away those possibilities.'

Either Jesus IS Who He claimed to be, or He is not. He claimed to be the ONLY way of salvation, i.e. of access to heaven. To quote at length from a site that I help administer:

Some claim to be 'Christians' yet claim "that there are many "paths" to enlightenment. I offer in contrast the words of the Lord Jesus Christ: "I am THE way, THE truth, and THE life, no one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6) We live in a time where tolerance is supposed to be expressed for all ideologies EXCEPT for biblical Christianity. All "faith-traditions" are to be considered as equal and viable "paths to God," except, of course, for those who refer to Jesus as being the only Savior of the world (as He claimed, and the apostles preached).

Is it logical to believe in MANY ways to God?

Logic would beg to ask these questions:

What would be the reason that God would need to create MANY ways to Himself?

Would there not logically be ONE PERFECT way that He has made?
According to scripture, it is our sins which have separated us from God in the first place. The way back to a right relationship with God must then be through someone who could save us from our sins. As we look through history, there is only one Savior who claimed that He had come into this world to die in our place, to pay the price for our sins, and then to rise from the dead as evidence of His unique claims.

Are Christians narrow-minded?

It is neither narrow-minded nor arrogant to proclaim that Jesus is the only Savior. No one else has died to pay the price for our sin. When there is only one way, it is not closed-minded to accept that way as the truth...indeed, it is the only rational thing to do. Would it be arrogant or closed-minded for a tour guide to point at the famous Gateway Arch in St. Louis and say "This IS the famous Gateway Arch of St. Louis."? Would it be narrow-minded for a museum curator to take you to a NASA display of the Apollo 11 command module and say "This is the ONLY Apollo 11 command module."? Of course not, why? Because it is the truth. As with many very important things in life, there does not have to be more than one. There is one God, and one you, and there is one problem-- your sin. God has made ONE solution to our one problem.

Saying that there are many paths to God is to create a god in OUR image, molding and bending God to fit our inclinations and our preferences. Neither is it logical to state that all paths are necessarily equal. Our experience in the natural world refutes this notion, why would we categorically apply it to God's salvation?

The free gift...

There is only one way to God, but that one way is wide enough to take in every woman, man, girl, and boy on the face of the earth. There are no restrictions for those wishing to come to Christ for salvation. He invites all to come to Him for free and eternal life. True salvation is an absolutely free gift, paid for by the blood of Christ, and is offered to all, regardless of age, race, religion, criminal record, past history, gender, and so on. All other so-called "ways" of salvation require some type of effort on your part, whether pilgrimages, "good" works, faithful adherence to some man-made litany of requirements, or other special ceremonies.

The Lord proclaims: "For it is by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not of yourselves, it is THE GIFT OF GOD, not as a result of (good) works, so that no one can boast." (Ephesians 2:8,9) Receive His FREE gift today. Yesterday is beyond reach, and tomorrow may never be held...only today can be embraced with choices made.

-Ktisis

Ktisis said:
Though not explicitly stated, it would appear to me that the real issue buried down deep within this discussion centers on the person and the claims of Jesus Christ. As C.S. Lewis(the famous former-atheist-turned-Christian) stated (paraphrasing) 'there are only 3 options when considering who Jesus is: Liar, Lunatic, Lord. He did not leave us any other option like 'just a good teacher', 'just another prophet from God'...His claims clear away those possibilities.'

Either Jesus IS Who He claimed to be, or He is not. He claimed to be the ONLY way of salvation, i.e. of access to heaven.

...The Lord proclaims: "For it is by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not of yourselves, it is THE GIFT OF GOD, not as a result of (good) works, so that no one can boast." (Ephesians 2:8,9) Receive His FREE gift today. Yesterday is beyond reach, and tomorrow may never be held...only today can be embraced with choices made.
:gpost:

Reba said:
Do they believe that Jesus and Satan are NOT brothers?
I do.

Simple question:

As you say, Jesus and Satan are not brothers. Where Satan come from?

Snake told Eve to eat fruit from the tree where the God told them to not eat. The God made snakes but he did not make them that they can talk. Who do that?

Of course it wasn´t Adam. It could be one of the persons that God created long before he made the earth. That one angel had become very proud. He began to think that he can be a ruler like God and want people to obey him instead of obey God. He was the angel who made the snake to talk.

Lucifer was CREATED by God Himself when Lucifer was an angel just like other angels in Heaven. Lucifer rebelled against God by wantin' to be like God, God kicked Lucifer out of Heaven. The other 1/3 of angels followed Lucifer as they chose Lucifer as their "god" or "master" rather than God. AFTER Lucifer was kicked out of Heaven, his name was changed to "Satan".

The truth is that Satan acknowledged he was created by God, but Satan refused to follow and obey God.

CyberRed said:
Lucifer was CREATED by God Himself when Lucifer was an angel just like other angels in Heaven. Lucifer rebelled against God by wantin' to be like God, God kicked Lucifer out of Heaven. The other 1/3 of angels followed Lucifer as they chose Lucifer as their "god" or "master" rather than God. AFTER Lucifer was kicked out of Heaven, his name was changed to "Satan".

The truth is that Satan acknowledged he was created by God, but Satan refused to follow and obey God.

Yes, it´s an exactly what I said in my earlier post but the bible did not say that God kicked Lucifer out of Heaven.

Reba said that Jesus and Satan are not brother. Of course they are because the God created angels long before created the earth.

The Bible explains that God created many, many spirit persons similar to himself. Those spirits called angels. Also, they are called "sons of God." (Job 38:7; Psalm 104:4; Hebrews 1:7, 13, 14). God created them all prefect. Not one of them was a devil, or a satan. The word "devil" means slanderer and the word "satan" means opposer.
One of these spirit sons of God made himself the Devil, that´s a hateful who speaks bad things about another. He also made himself Satan, that is, an opposer of God. He was not created that way, but later became that kind of person.

What purpose of God did a rebellious angel know about?
What desire did this angel have, and what did it lead him to do?

To illustrate: A thief is not born a thief. He may have come from a good family, having honest parents & law-abiding brothres & sisters. But his own desire for what money can buy is what may have caused him to become a thief. How, then, did one of God´s spirit sons make himself Satan the Devil?

The angel became Devil was present when God created the earth & later the first human couple, Adam & Eve. (Job 38:4, 7) So he would have heard God tell them to have children. (Genesis 1:27, 28). He knew that after a while the whole earth would be filled with righteous people worshiping God. That´s was God´s purpose. However, this angel thought a great deal of his own beauty & intelligence & want to receive for himself the worship that would be given to God.

It´s him who used snake to speak to Eve. He did this much as a skilled person can make it semm as if a nearby animal or a dummy figure is talking. This was a hateful lie and it made him a devil. he thus became also an opposer of God, or a Satan. As you can see, it is wrong to think of the Devil as a creature with horns and a pitchfork. He is really a very pwoerful, but wicked angel. It´s him who argued that people can rule themselves successfully without God´s help.

Of course God can destoryed Satan right way. But that would not have answered the quesitons that Satan had raised, questions that could stay in the minds of the angels who were watching. So God allowed time for Satan to try to prove his claims. With what result?

It proved that humans cannot rule thmeselves successfully without God´s help. Their attempts have failed completely. The people have suffered terribly under the governments of men, which as the Scriptures show, have been controlled from behind the scenes by the Devil.

It mean that God allow people to decide either they want to serve God or Satan.

Look at that world what we have ... :( Of course it´s Satan who rule the earth...!!!

Liebling:-))) said:
Yes, it´s an exactly what I said in my earlier post but the bible did not say that God kicked Lucifer out of Heaven.

Reba said that Jesus and Satan are not brother. Of course they are because the God created angels long before created the earth.

Ok... about "God kicked Lucifer out of Heaven" -- Yes, God did kicked him out of Heaven. The scripture is usin' the word "cast out" meanin' God kicked Lucifer out of Heaven.

See the scripture here :

Ezekiel 28:13-16
"Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
Thou art the anointed cherub ( Lucifer was once an angel ) that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God ( Heaven ); thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire ( God's Altar ).
Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity ( sin ) was found in thee ( Lucifer ).
By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire" ( God cast Lucifer/Satan out of Heaven. God destroyed Lucifer from His Altar ).

Lucifer's job in the first earth age was to protect the very throne of God in Heaven. Stones of fire is God's Altar. God's Throne and its surroundin' Him has ALL colors around Him. All colors danced around him -- sparklin' all over His Place. So such beautiful that no man can ever describe. I can imagine how beautiful that is, because God Himself is Beautiful, Warm, Lovin', Holy, Radiant, and all. All this is for His Glory.

About Satan and Jesus : No, they both are NOT brothers, because Jesus is God. It's WHO Jesus is who created Lucifer an angel. :)

Cyber red is correct in someways, God created all things included Angels such as Lucifer (known as Satan) believing that he is better than God, Satan and his other angel stooges were kicked out of heaven. God planned punishment for them in the lake of fire (hell). Then God created Adam the first man, and Eve the first woman. Adam and Eve were in charge of all his other creations, only told them not to eat the fruit from the tree because fruit would cause death. Meanwhile Satan still roamed the universe decide to go on planet Earth as a snake He told eve that she would not die if she ate the fruit from the forbidden tree. In the meantime God gave Eve and Adam free will, which they are free to make their own decisions like us, but afraid that they made their decision on being selfish so they choose wrong. They picked the fruit and ate it. So, why would Satan be a brother to Jesus, when those two are totally differences from each others. Jesus followed God, Satan wants his own power. Jesus died for our sins, Satan wants our souls.

But, Jesus did not created Satan, He wasn't even created yet at that time when God created Lucifer (as Satan) You see, after God created Adam and Eve they didn't follow God's words, and as the centuries passed, the people of the world ignored God. So, God created Jesus to be the savior of the world.

AJ said:
how do u know that ALL the bible is true? isn't it true that many people have taken the bible and written it again? so even though they were "respected" people they still could have put their OWN beliefs into the bible and say that jesus said it. so...not everything in the bible is true, there may be some false things.

I respect your ability to decide for yourself, I wouldn't do any heavy preaching. But, the bible is the word of God, Think about it God can communicate to the world in any way he wants, If the bible was false, You can be sure the message (message of the gospel) will be change. When God breathed into the human authors he gave life to his words, That's how the bible is made. :thumb:

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straighten us out and teaqches us to do what is right
(2 Timothy 3:16). ;)

VamPyroX said:
So, if we want to be like Jesus/God... we should not marry nor should we be having sex with others. In that case, we would all cease to exist. In other words, procreation is a sin.

We cannot be like Jesus, You know why? We are a sinner because of Adam and Eve, It's bad news for us because They representatvies for the entire human race. It's the truth.

When Adam sinned, sin entered the entire human race. Adam's sin brought death, so death spread to everyone for everyone sinned
(Romans 5:12)
God showed his great love for us by sending Jesus to die for us while we are still sinners
(Romans 5:8).

Cheri said:
Cyber red is correct in someways, God created all things included Angels such as Lucifer (known as Satan) believing that he is better than God, Satan and his other angel stooges were kicked out of heaven. God planned punishment for them in the lake of fire (hell). Then God created Adam the first man, and Eve the first woman. Adam and Eve were in charge of all his other creations, only told them not to eat the fruit from the tree because fruit would cause death. Meanwhile Satan still roamed the universe decide to go on planet Earth as a snake He told eve that she would not die if she ate the fruit from the forbidden tree. In the meantime God gave Eve and Adam free will, which they are free to make their own decisions like us, but afraid that they made their decision on being selfish so they choose wrong. They picked the fruit and ate it. So, why would Satan be a brother to Jesus, when those two are totally differences from each others. Jesus followed God, Satan wants his own power. Jesus died for our sins, Satan wants our souls.

But, Jesus did not created Satan, He wasn't even created yet at that time when God created Lucifer (as Satan) You see, after God created Adam and Eve they didn't follow God's words, and as the centuries passed, the people of the world ignored God. So, God created Jesus to be the savior of the world

Well, to be frank - Jesus is really God Himself. Jesus created Satan.

Just want to explain a little bit about Jesus:
Jesus left Heaven to come down on earth Himself and gave birth through the Holy Spirit - not through sex. After He was conceived through the Holy Spirit, He became "flesh" just like you and me and everyone. Once He became "flesh", He was called "THE WORD" ( The Bread of Life ). And, yes I know it is hard for some people to understand what and how all this picture came together. I totally understand the whole picture myself through puzzles puttin' together. Some people had to experience GOD first to understand Jesus about what "THE WORD" means when Jesus became the "flesh". Satan knew WHO Jesus was and still knew who Jesus IS. Satan knew that Jesus is God. Satan can not deny it because, he was created by Jesus ONCE when Satan used to be "Lucifer" as an angel. And, even Satan will confess that Jesus is LORD at the end before castin' him to the lake of fire. Satan already knew. There's no excuse.

Simple question:

As you say, Jesus and Satan are not brothers. Where Satan come from?
God originally created Satan as a beautiful angel but Satan became proud and wanted to be raised above God. God punished him, and threw Satan out of heaven. Other angels also became evil and followed Satan their leader. Those bad angels became demons.

Snake told Eve to eat fruit from the tree where the God told them to not eat. The God made snakes but he did not make them that they can talk. Who do that?
The snake was a physical form that Satan used while tempting Eve. Satan and demons can possess other beings, including animals, for their use.

Of course it wasn´t Adam. It could be one of the persons that God created long before he made the earth.
Adam was the first human that God created. There were NO people on earth before Adam.

That one angel had become very proud. He began to think that he can be a ruler like God and want people to obey him instead of obey God. He was the angel who made the snake to talk.
Yes, that was Satan, also called Lucifer, the Devil, the Evil One, Beelzebub, Lord of the Flies, etc.

CyberRed said:
Well, to be frank - Jesus is really God Himself. Jesus created Satan.

Eh? Satan was created in the old testment, Jesus was made by God in New testment. And, Jesus said to everyone that He was the son of God who came to earth to be the sole means of salvation of mankind.
I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the father expect through me
( John 14:6 niv).

CyberRed said:
Satan knew WHO Jesus was and still knew who Jesus IS. Satan knew that Jesus is God. Satan can not deny it because, he was created by Jesus ONCE when Satan used to be "Lucifer" as an angel. And, even Satan will confess that Jesus is LORD at the end before castin' him to the lake of fire. Satan already knew. There's no excuse.

Well, of course Satan knew who Jesus was, Because he brought sight to the blind, He brought dead people back to life, and he turned water into wine, Of course that has been obvious that Jesus has so much power just like God. That's why Satan confronted Jesus and order him to bow down to him. Jesus refused.

They are NOT brothers. Jesus is God; Jesus in NOT an angel. Satan was an angel. God created Satan. God did NOT create Jesus. Jesus Himself IS the Creator. God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all equally God. No one created them. Jesus never was an angel. I hope this is clear.

The Bible explains that God created many, many spirit persons similar to himself. Those spirits called angels. Also, they are called "sons of God." (Job 38:7; Psalm 104:4; Hebrews 1:7, 13, 14). God created them all prefect. Not one of them was a devil, or a satan. The word "devil" means slanderer and the word "satan" means opposer.
Reference for that paragraph please?

Angels are created beings. Jesus is NOT a created being. Jesus is the Creator, NOT the creature. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. There is no other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back