Jesus Wasn't Gods Only Son

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ

Reaction score
the story goes that God sacrificed his only son, Jesus so that we would all believe that there was a God and follow him.
i thought we were ALL Gods children. so.....if we're ALL Gods children then im God's son also....
so...Jesus wasn't God's only son. so why do they consider jesus the only son of god?

We all are His Children. I would think Jesus still would be God's Son.

so why is it always said that "god sacrificed his ONLY son"?

Because Jesus's mother was impregnanted by God's holy spirit, so therefore, Jesus is God's only son. We are all God's children, but Jesus is the only biological son of God.

*sings*If you haven't heard of me, I wouldn't be suprised
I bet you know my relatives, their names will never die
My mother is a saint and my brother is a god
But all I am is Jesus brother Bob

Jesus brother Bob, Jesus brother Bob
A nobody relative of the son of god
If only I'd been born just a little sooner
I'd be more than the brother of god jr.

I have to pay the ferry to cross the galilee
but not my brother (no not him!) he walks across for free
I finally get to work bout a quarter after nine
Already he's turning water into wine

If only I'd been born, just a little sooner

One day when I was home, I heard a mighty roar (roar)
There were a thousand people right outside the door
"Help us Jesus, Help us" came the cheering from the mob
Then they got a look at me "ah nuts it's only Bob"

He died up on the cross, I thought that I was free
Finally people would get to know me for me (hi bob, hey judas, hey)
This was my big chance, to finally get ahead
The next thing you know, he's rising from the dead

Oh Jesus brother Bob, Jesus brother Bob

Everybody!

Ahhhhhhh- Bob
(this is a song I heard when I went to a folk fest this past summer)

I do know who is Jesus Christ that he is the lord and God's son.

I believe in God and Jesus Christ's father name is God or Yah Weh. That is all I do aware of that from what Holy Bible says.

Peachy Lady said:
Because Jesus's mother was impregnanted by God's holy spirit, so therefore, Jesus is God's only son. We are all God's children, but Jesus is the only biological son of God.
God "impregnated" Earth and created Adam. God then took a piece of Adam and created a female clone of Adam... Eve. If we all really did come from Adam and Eve, then I'd have to say that I am probably God's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandson (give or take a few 'great').

Let's also not forget... Jesus was also married and it is rumored that he had children of his own.

The correct quote is:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:16

Jesus Christ was the only Son born of the Holy Spirit. He was the only person ever born without sin because He wasn't conceived thru man's seed (sperm). The sin nature is passed down by man's seed, since Adam. God could accept only a sinless perfect sacrifice. Jesus was the only sinless perfect sacrifice.

Not all people are God's children. Only those who are born again into God's family are His children.
"Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do."
John 8:42-44

"But as many as received him [Jesus], to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."
John 1:12-13

"And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ."
Galations 4:6-7

VamPyroX said:
God "impregnated" Earth and created Adam. God then took a piece of Adam and created a female clone of Adam... Eve. ...
God didn't "impregnate" the Earth to make Adam. God made Adam from the dust and breathed life into him. Eve was not a "clone" of Adam; if she was, she would have been a guy, not a girl. Also, Eve was created fully mature, like Adam. She was not an infant clone.

Let's also not forget... Jesus was also married and it is rumored that he had children of his own.
No, He was never married, and He never fathered any physical children. That is just made up stuff.

lets not even get into the whole adam and eve thing cuz i dont believe in that stuff.

so if we're not gods "biological" children, then what? we're his step kids?

Reba said:
God didn't "impregnate" the Earth to make Adam. God made Adam from the dust and breathed life into him. Eve was not a "clone" of Adam; if she was, she would have been a guy, not a girl. Also, Eve was created fully mature, like Adam. She was not an infant clone.

No, He was never married, and He never fathered any physical children. That is just made up stuff.
How do you know it was made up stuff? There are confirmed documents covering the married life of Jesus. However, as usual... The Pope reviewed the documents. Being part of a male-dominant church, The Pope declared the documented woman as a prostitute. If you read the Bible, you'll notice a lot of huge gaps regarding the Life of Jesus. First, you see his birth. Next, you see his adult life. What happened? Perhaps, he played pranks on others during his teenage years and The Pope didn't feel it was appropriate. So, to cover up the truth... The Pope didn't approve it to be used in the Bible. Because of that, we have a book that is still incomplete... greatly incomplete.

VamPyroX said:
How do you know it was made up stuff? There are confirmed documents covering the married life of Jesus. However, as usual... The Pope reviewed the documents. Being part of a male-dominant church, The Pope declared the documented woman as a prostitute. If you read the Bible, you'll notice a lot of huge gaps regarding the Life of Jesus. First, you see his birth. Next, you see his adult life. What happened? Perhaps, he played pranks on others during his teenage years and The Pope didn't feel it was appropriate. So, to cover up the truth... The Pope didn't approve it to be used in the Bible. Because of that, we have a book that is still incomplete... greatly incomplete.

how do u know that ALL the bible is true? isn't it true that many people have taken the bible and written it again? so even though they were "respected" people they still could have put their OWN beliefs into the bible and say that jesus said it. so...not everything in the bible is true, there may be some false things.

VamPyroX said:
Let's look at this painting...

This is a painting by Leonardo DaVinci
http://www.rocor.org.au/syezd2004/davinci/fig8.jpg

Look at the left of Jesus. You'll see a feminine figure. Who is that? It is rumored to be Mary Magdelane, the wife of Jesus.

i heard about that. but the only way the last supper would be able to happen like that, would be by the help of god. because if everyone sat on one side of the table they would all fall backwards from the weight.

AJ said:
how do u know that ALL the bible is true? isn't it true that many people have taken the bible and written it again? so even though they were "respected" people they still could have put their OWN beliefs into the bible and say that jesus said it. so...not everything in the bible is true, there may be some false things.
That's exactly my point. I'm trying to say that the Bible is actually a "story" of things collected by many different people. There hasn't really been proof that what happened was true. Yes, there is proof of actual locations... but that's what they do all the time in other stories as well. The same goes for movies.

Suppose we're reading a book and in one setting in the book, something happens in front of Big Ben in England. Does that mean it's true? Big Ben is real in England. The location is real. Therefore, what happened is true? No.

Suppose we're watching a movie and you see this car going 150 mph and jumping into the air and transforming into an airplane on the Golden Gate Bridge. Yes, the Golden Gate Bridge is real in San Francisco, California. Therefore, what happened in the movie is based on a true story. Right? No. It's just a movie.

AJ said:
i heard about that. but the only way the last supper would be able to happen like that, would be by the help of god. because if everyone sat on one side of the table they would all fall backwards from the weight.
Hahaha... :laugh2:

True.

VamPyroX said:
How do you know it was made up stuff?
It was not in the Bible.

What makes you think it was real stuff?

There are confirmed documents covering the married life of Jesus.
Confirmed by whom?

... The Pope reviewed the documents. Being part of a male-dominant church, The Pope declared the documented woman as a prostitute.
I am not a Catholic, and I absolutely don't follow the Pope.

If you read the Bible...
I do, often, since many years.

you'll notice a lot of huge gaps regarding the Life of Jesus.
So? God didn't think it was important to give us a play-by-play, moment-by-moment description of Jesus' life on earth. God gave us what He wanted us to know.

First, you see his birth. Next, you see his adult life. What happened? Perhaps, he played pranks on others during his teenage years and The Pope didn't feel it was appropriate. So, to cover up the truth... The Pope didn't approve it to be used in the Bible.
I don't know what your educational or religious background is but the truth is, "the Pope" was not the beginning or be all of Christianity and the Bible. There has always been a faithful remnant of believers who maintained the true church and Bible before, during, and since catholicism.

Because of that, we have a book that is still incomplete... greatly incomplete.
On what do you base this conclusion?

VamPyroX said:
Let's look at this painting...

This is a painting by Leonardo DaVinci
http://www.rocor.org.au/syezd2004/davinci/fig8.jpg

Look at the left of Jesus. You'll see a feminine figure. Who is that? It is rumored to be Mary Magdelane, the wife of Jesus.
I don't get my doctrine from a painting that was done hundreds of years after the fact. It's art, not a photograph.

The 12 people in the painting with Jesus are the 12 disciples, all men.

Your rumors are exactly that--rumors, not facts. Not even logical rumors.

AJ said:
Good grief! I hope you are not serious. The painting is the artist's conception of the event. It is not an actual depiction of the Last Supper. Da Vinci wasn't there.

Reba said:
Good grief! I hope you are not serious. The painting is the artist's conception of the event. It is not an actual depiction of the Last Supper. Da Vinci wasn't there.

well its a horrible depiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back