Jesus Wasn't Gods Only Son

Status
Not open for further replies.
AJ said:
well thats not very fair is it. now we see who Gods favorite is.

God has no favorite. There's none.
Remember that Jesus is God Himself and no one else.
There's only ONE God.

Will you do me a favor ?
Can you find the very first scripture what God says about the Ten Commandments ? What was the FIRST scripture it says in 10 Commandments ? When you find it, please type them here. :wiggle:

vfr said:
REALLY ???? WOW AND I WENT TO CATHLIC SChOOL FOR NOTHING???? :eek:

NO SHIT IT IS NOT IN THERE!!! THE POINT IS IT WAS LEFT OUT!!!!!
THE JERKS WHO PUT THE NEW TESTAMENT TOGETHER LEFT OUT THE BOOKS WRITEN BY THE PEOPLE WHO KNEW JESUS BEST!!! LIKE THOMAS WHO WAS HIS BROTHER!!!!! YES !!! BROTHER!! POSSABLY HIS TWIN!

that was point thomas means twin,and 99 % of the time if you were named thomas you where the 2nd kid born of twins.
the apostle james was a younger brother..and they left out his book too. and mary,who may have been one of the strongest preachers of the faith..also left out....you notice a patern here????????? any book that has jesus looking a little human is left out... they say he can not have been married... why not ?is it a sin to be married? is it a sin to have sex? no! :roll: anyone who thinks that needs help! if some believes the bible to be word for word fact needs to get a life.. the books before moses, were from the epic of gilgamesh!! :scatter:

It was not being left out. I doubt it. I grew up in Catholic but have not attend the church for long time. Anyway I asked my deaf priest once about brothers. He told me back in the time, they call everyone brothers and sisters even they are not kins. U speak of finding a tomb in Israel not too long ago about Jesus having a brother right? I think they are hoax if this is what your talking about?

I read KJV and Catholic bible, both are same in new testment except for old testment, few of them were removed from Catholic bible about 500 years ago. They don't show up in KJV.

Reba and Vam, I respect yours opionion about Catholic but yours not telling whole truth about them unless your were raised there. From what I read yours, it is all same old BS I deal with Christians and anti-Catholics daily about Catholic. I do not follow pope , never was nor all my family on both side. So honestly I do not know what hell your talking about us following pope etc....

I have a preacher, my brother in law's father, he is really good man and defend our faiths many time by those hyprocrite Christians because they are mostly young and not fully mature in spirituality as this man is. Now I have to deal with them here on AD. Getting old.

jazzy said:
Reba and Vam, I respect yours opionion about Catholic but yours not telling whole truth about them unless your were raised there.
The only reason I mentioned the Pope and Catholic church is because other posters kept accusing me of accepting ommissions made to the Bible by them. I just wanted them to clearly understand that I don't use a Catholic Bible, I have never been a Catholic, I don't obey the Vatican, I don't go to a priest, and I don't believe in the Pope. I didn't bash anyone. I just wanted it clear that I have nothing to do with the Pope, priests, Vatican, or catholicism. The Pope is the head only of the Catholic church. He has no authority over me or other non-catholics.

Jesus did have half-brothers and half-sisters, but no twin brother.

Matthew 13:53-58
"And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these parables, he departed thence. And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works? Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things? And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house."

Mark 6:3
"Is not this [Jesus] the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him."

So Jesus had at least four half-brothers and two half-sisters.

what?

why is it a wild story by satan it jesus went to england as ateenager? or to india in his 20s? england was part of the empire that jesus was born in... india was know...why is it bad? why the big gap in the bible?
you need to think out of the box and think about what kind of life jesus had... it says very little! did it ever occure to anyone that maybe jesus knew his fate and had a choice? if he had no choice , it is not a sacrafice...maybe he traveled to see if it was worth it.

and yet no one can tell me why getting married is a sin, and why you a born already with sin .. i do not agree with that at all..

as for backing my argument i have lots to back . you do not. you just say read the bible ... i say study the bible and reserch it. look for supporting facts.. not just take it at face value.
the epic of gilgamesh is writen in tablets in sumarian...ergo older than the talmd...and it is the first to mention a world flood.

as for proof of moses, they have found so much to support the facts in the book of moses ..every thing from campsites,hebrew names carved into stone,to finding an eygptian wall covered in a story by the pharo letting the foreign people go and the waters eraseing every trace of them and his men............................

and as for god being a jerk.. ............lets see..if you read the bible.. not just the few pages about 5 years of jesus life..... he destroys entire citys so the people of moses can take over the land.. men women children....allows his strong man to be blinded and brutalized.... floods the world and kills every thing..... and last but not least............lets his word bespead the violence in his name...even though the word says do not kill!

all that i was saying is THINK FOR YOUR SELF, not just what the religous leaders tell you. and if the people can not do that ,then the miss gods most important gift...thought!

Reba said:
Marriage was not in God's plan for Jesus. That doesn't mean it isn't in His plan for other people. God wants some people to marry, and some people to remain single and celibate.

As Paul said in I Corinthians 7:6-9 :
"For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that. I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn."
You said it yourself... "EVERY MAN". Therefore, that includes Jesus. ;)

CyberRed said:
Jesus was born SINLESS. We were born SINNERS. That's a big difference in this picture. He can move mountains and we can not. He can heal people who are blind to be able to see, deaf to be able to hear, cripple to be able to walk -- we can not. So therefore, there's no sex involved in His Life. No sin. He is the Lamb of God we killed. He has the power to do things a king or queen can not do.

Jesus is the King of all kings and the Lord of all lords of this whole world and universe. One day, YOU will kneel down before Him and confess that He is the Lord with your own conscience, knowin' that He is God ! :)
Saying that we're all born "sinners" is a pretty harsh thing to say. According to Christian religions, babys are waived from the "sin" part. Therefore, we are born non-sinners. ;)

Has the power to do things that king or queen cannot do? Like what? Why disappear after the Old Testament? I will kneel down before him? That sounds like every other god... expecting us to kneel down before them. If he was really God and really cared about us, he wouldn't be expecting us to bow to him all the time. After all, we're his children. Do we bow down to our parents? No.

VamPyroX said:
You said it yourself... "EVERY MAN". Therefore, that includes Jesus. ;)
Yes, every man has the gift of either marriage OR celibacy. For Jesus, His was celibacy.

VamPyroX said:
Saying that we're all born "sinners" is a pretty harsh thing to say. According to Christian religions, babys are waived from the "sin" part. Therefore, we are born non-sinners. ;)
Every baby is born with a sin nature. They do not consciously commit sins until they are old enough to understand.

Jesus was the only baby born without a sin nature.

After all, we're his children.
Not everyone is God's child.

vfr said:
...did it ever occure to anyone that maybe jesus knew his fate and had a choice? if he had no choice , it is not a sacrafice...maybe he traveled to see if it was worth it.
Of course Jesus knew His fate. He knew His fate before He willingly left the glory of Heaven to be born a poor baby on earth.

and yet no one can tell me why getting married is a sin, and why you a born already with sin .. i do not agree with that at all..
Marriage in itself is not a sin. God ordained marriage starting with Adam and Eve. But marriage is not right for every person.

You can disagree with God's Word but you can't change it.

the book of moses ..
Are you referring to the Pentateuch?

and as for god being a jerk...lets see..if you read the bible.. not just the few pages about 5 years of jesus life..... he destroys entire citys so the people of moses can take over the land.. men women children....allows his strong man to be blinded and brutalized.... floods the world and kills every thing....and last but not least...lets his word bespead the violence in his name...even though the word says do not kill!
It appears that YOU are the one just reading the surface of the Bible and not searching the full meanings of what you read, including the context of each event.

I don't know what has happened in your life to cause such bitterness and anger against God but I truly pray that you will someday find the peace that you seek.

Reba said:
Yes, every man has the gift of either marriage OR celibacy. For Jesus, His was celibacy.
Where is proof that what happened in the Bible really happened? No, I'm not talking about the typical wars and battles... those were common and to be expected. I'm talking about stuff like Jesus, the Great Flood, Noah's Ark, etc...

VamPyroX said:

Has the power to do things that king or queen cannot do? Like what? Why disappear after the Old Testament? I will kneel down before him? That sounds like every other god... expecting us to kneel down before them. If he was really God and really cared about us, he wouldn't be expecting us to bow to him all the time. After all, we're his children. Do we bow down to our parents? No.

John 3:1-13 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Confessed :
Romans 14:11,12 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Double-Edged Sword :
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

CyberRed said:
John 3:1-13 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Confessed :
Romans 14:11,12 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Double-Edged Sword :
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
What makes you say that Christianity is our true religion? Christianity only makes up for 30% of the world while Muslin makes up for 60%. Who knows, they could probably have the correct religion and we could have it all wrong. Or... we're both wrong! :eek:

VamPyroX said:
What makes you say that Christianity is our true religion? Christianity only makes up for 30% of the world while Muslin makes up for 60%. Who knows, they could probably have the correct religion and we could have it all wrong. Or... we're both wrong! :eek:

LOL Well, let's see what the scriptures say about Christianity.

Christianity

Adherent of Christ; one committed to Christ; follower of Christ.
Believers "were called Christians first in Antioch" because their
behavior, activity, and speech were like Christ.

Acts 11:26 "And when he had found him, he brought
him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they
assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people.
And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch" ;
compare Acts 26:28 "Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou
persuadest me to be a Christian."

1 Peter 4:16 "Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed;
but let him glorify God on this behalf."

2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:
old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

For your own FYI about the Muslim, read here below:

"ALLAH" Is The Name Of A "Moon-God"
http://www.mostmerciful.com/moongod.htm

And, then make your own decision which one you believe. I am not your God to give your mother and father a life to give birth of you. It's your choice. :)

Reba said:
I don't get my doctrine from a painting that was done hundreds of years after the fact. It's art, not a photograph.

The 12 people in the painting with Jesus are the 12 disciples, all men.

Your rumors are exactly that--rumors, not facts. Not even logical rumors.

http://www.llewellynjournal.com/article/659

This is an extremely interesting read on the gnostic beliefs of Jesus and Mary.
This was also discussed in the book "The DaVinci Code" which I have read. There are many examples of "The Last Supper" that shows a woman on Jesus' side. Why would the female figure be there in the first place anyhow?

http://www.punctum.com/kirche/konfi/art/bouts.jpg
Shows a female figure to Jesus' left.

http://www.tostai.lt/avatars/jahrhunderts-abendmahl.jpg
We see a female figure on Jesus' lap at this image.

http://www.rollins.edu/Foreign_Lang/Russian/uslast.jpg
A Russian version shows a female figure to Jesus' left.

I wouldn't dismiss it as wild rumours or "illogical" rumours as you stated it.

kuifje75 said:
http://www.llewellynjournal.com/article/659

This is an extremely interesting read on the gnostic beliefs of Jesus and Mary.
This was also discussed in the book "The DaVinci Code" which I have read. There are many examples of "The Last Supper" that shows a woman on Jesus' side. Why would the female figure be there in the first place anyhow?

http://www.punctum.com/kirche/konfi/art/bouts.jpg
Shows a female figure to Jesus' left.

http://www.tostai.lt/avatars/jahrhunderts-abendmahl.jpg
We see a female figure on Jesus' lap at this image.

http://www.rollins.edu/Foreign_Lang/Russian/uslast.jpg
A Russian version shows a female figure to Jesus' left.

I wouldn't dismiss it as wild rumours or "illogical" rumours as you stated it.

The DaVinci Code is a fiction.

Even if the book is a work of fiction, there are some basis in it.
If a book was written about Paris which is obviously fiction, but it doesn't mean that Paris doesn't exist.

I am not going to review and post on this area because Reba made a perfect comments and vaild points about "Jesus Christ only son."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back