Ive been kicked out of school!!!

WTF!? That's unfair. I hate when there's miscommunication like that. :(

Madison,
I already know about this 'harsh world' you speak of. Ive been stomped on, pushed and shoved around enough to know.

I read the 'manual' and it said nothing about when payments are due. I read all the paperwork I filled out, I was never told or informed that I would be dropped if the tuition was not paid in full by September 16th.

Also here in my state ALL credit from one state institution is transferrable to another state institution.

Also wouldnt it make more sense to take what I give them at that time rather than to refuse it then say I didnt pay??!?!

Doesnt make a lot of sense if you ask me.

You sound exactly like those people in Student Accounts - you probably have a nice cushy desk job pushing paper, and you have parents that are able shell out 1200 at the drop of a hat, and more than likely you have a trust fund you can dip into if mommy or daddy says no.

Try working busting your ass everyday at a poultry plant, working all the overtime you can get, you go home get a shower you go to class, you come home you have to get your kid a bath and to bed. Once thats done, your up until midnight completing homework and your ass has to be out of bed by 4:30 the next morning where it all starts over again. And your telling me. Oh please save the dramatized pep talk for 'her' she needs it more than I do. :roll:

It would be a easier world if I could dip into a trust fund, or say "Daddy I need money"

But it don't work that way. I get help from DARS since i am legally Deaf with my tuition and books. I borrow student loans that I will have to pay back when I am out of college. I have to budget my money, instead of party all day. I live in a travel trailer to save money, cause a apartment is $700 a month rent in the ghetto, not including utility, but living here in a travel trailer in a rv park I only pay $538 a month for trailer payment, lot rent which includes water sewage and i pay $.10 a KW of electricity I use, cable and internet I pay for also. I paid my truck off which is a 2003 ranger that I got a great deal on since i did my research and waited for the right time to buy it, which was right when they was getting rid of the 2003 to make room for 2004 trucks. I go to school and study my tail off cause this is my last semester of my Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineer. I may only have 14 hrs of classes, but i have 5 projects going on at the same time and find little time for anything else.

Trust me it's hard for all of us, but common sense should have told you that they want their money at a certain time and you should have found that out in the beginning by talking to someone in the student accounting office. You really expect them to go, Oh when ever you get the money honey you just pay us then! Give me a break, they don't work like that.

Best bet is to forget going back to class this semester cause more then likely you are going to be too far behind unless you can get the money by friday for sure. Plus here at TTU you miss 3 days of classes straight you get dropped anyway in most classes. Unless you can pull it off and get that money together before they write you off the list, you best off saving your money and go next semester.

Harsh world we live in, and you got to know how to work it.

I'm very sorry that you had to learn such a hard lesson. I hope that you're not discouraged and that your next semester goes much better.

The tuition financial policy is similar at my college. On its website is this statement:

Payment Procedures
Payment must be received in the Business office and balance paid in full according to the registration and payment deadlines listed in the Registration and Fee Payment Calendar. If payment is not made by this date, your class schedule will be canceled.

I know that the above policy is very strictly enforced at the school where I work.

No, it wasnt like I was just going to give them the money whenever I wanted.

I am a returning Freshman, the last time I was there, the policy was you had to have everything paid in full by the last day of the semester which if it were unchanged would have been the 2nd week of December, I would have had it paid in full by the last week of October the way I had it planned. The policy was changed in the last 5 years and I was not aware of it and no one bothered to mention this to me.

But still the fact that I tried to pay them on the 12th SOMETHING - $300 to be exact - and they flat out refused it tells me they have a really fucked up system and its screwing a lot of people over. There was no way I could come up with the 580 within 4 days as I only get paid once a week, and I damn sure dont have 580 laying around the house like pocket change.

And dont tell me I should just give up and tuck my tail like a beat puppy. I refuse to take no for an answer and I am going to fight this tooth and nail until I get what I deserve - an education. Your school is different from my school, not every single one of us is going to have the same exact policy. So if your school is that strict then good for them, but this is ATU. Class attendance is optional, as long as you do the assignments and keep your grade up then there is no need to worry about being dropped for missing 3 days. Heck I got pissed off at my Spanish II instructor, just flat out quit going I was still getting a grade in November of F, obviously because I quit going, so I dropped the course on my own by the deadline so that my parents wouldnt see the piss poor grade and it did not affect my overall GPA. So at ATU attendance is optional, but it helps to actually show up for class. (duh)

As for falling behind, there is this little thing called tutoring, find a tutor to teach you the missed material, youre caught up by finals time, then you take it and pass, no big deal, especially if I can get back in by MidTerms. As for my comp class, I can just turn in the necessary papers and commentaries by the end of the semester, then Im fine.

Once I finish the semester - I am transferring to UACCM. ATU can go to hell for all I care.

No, it wasnt like I was just going to give them the money whenever I wanted.

I am a returning Freshman, the last time I was there, the policy was you had to have everything paid in full by the last day of the semester which if it were unchanged would have been the 2nd week of December

That's called a payment plan, you have to set that up before classes start. Unless you did that, then they assume you are paying it in full. If you don't pay in full you get kicked out.

I am betting they ain't going to let you back in til next semester. You better go check that out before you waste all of your resources for something that can't be changed.

That's called a payment plan, you have to set that up before classes start. Unless you did that, then they assume you are paying it in full. If you don't pay in full you get kicked out.

I am betting they ain't going to let you back in til next semester. You better go check that out before you waste all of your resources for something that can't be changed.

Damn.... Will you lighten up?

Damn.... Will you lighten up?

I am being extremely nice. I hear this all the time about how people don't look around and make sure they are doing everything that is required of them to attend college. This isn't high school where everyone waits on you hand and foot leading you the way to make sure you get through the system.

I hear people with disability complain that the college did nothing to help them out, yet if they did their homework and submitted the correct papers the Disability service will do everything possible to accommodate them. I did the whole nine yard with the DS, and I turned down the service they was going to offer, such as note taker, extra time to take testes, take testes in separate rooms from the other people in the class. I know in the real world they are not going to do all of that, so I said no and got by on my own and adapted to my environment fast. I've dealt with choppy English from foreigners, which was nearly impossible for me to understand, but i got my stuff done and got my notes by sitting up front and listening really hard.

Also if she would read my posts, she will find out ways to help pay for tuitions and books, but she has to go through the channels and also fill out the FASFA which is mandatory to get loans and grants and other financial aids. With what I am understanding her first 2 semesters are going to be spent on getting some good grades to qualify for these financial aids. It takes alot of hard works and determination to complete college.

College is not for the weak, especially when you have a impaired hearing.
I know some people can't hear with HA, but the school has to offer interpreters for that student or they violate federal laws.

As I said, learn to work the systems.

I am being extremely nice. I hear this all the time about how people don't look around and make sure they are doing everything that is required of them to attend college. This isn't high school where everyone waits on you hand and foot leading you the way to make sure you get through the system.

I hear people with disability complain that the college did nothing to help them out, yet if they did their homework and submitted the correct papers the Disability service will do everything possible to accommodate them. I did the whole nine yard with the DS, and I turned down the service they was going to offer, such as note taker, extra time to take testes, take testes in separate rooms from the other people in the class. I know in the real world they are not going to do all of that, so I said no and got by on my own and adapted to my environment fast. I've dealt with choppy English from foreigners, which was nearly impossible for me to understand, but i got my stuff done and got my notes by sitting up front and listening really hard.

Also if she would read my posts, she will find out ways to help pay for tuitions and books, but she has to go through the channels and also fill out the FASFA which is mandatory to get loans and grants and other financial aids. With what I am understanding her first 2 semesters are going to be spent on getting some good grades to qualify for these financial aids. It takes alot of hard works and determination to complete college.

College is not for the weak, especially when you have a impaired hearing.
I know some people can't hear with HA, but the school has to offer interpreters for that student or they violate federal laws.

As I said, learn to work the systems.

My point is you don't need to say this to her. You obviously already stepped on her toes, so why don't you just bounce? She's probably not going to listen to what you have to say now, anyway.

Yeah, Madison, I guess you don't have the knack for knowing when enough's enough, eh?

Dixie,

im sorry about your school have problems im hope you need get face off and going pay again somedays.

mostly college students or undergraduate never have problems with pay for classes sometimes accidents for excuse they can face with your advise for problems money but you can talk with dean or president of college about what happened.

i never have problems at college but i went for one semester but i cant staying for 2-4 years dues hard study!

it sux, sorry about your down days, im sure you will have it resolved, do it quickly, but for one thing
Be calm!, explain the problem, don't attack or direct the blame to individuals in the offices...and best of luck

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time, hope things improves..

Sorry to hear they're giving you crappy treatment and for putting you under extra stress, which you do not need.

Hope that'll be resolved somehow.

:hug:

I'm sorry to hear about this, hopefully you will have it resolved.

No shit, does Arkansas have tuition waivers for those students with disabilities (deaf included)?

Thanks everyone. So far nothing has come up for me to get some extra time working for the company. Ive had a couple of ideas since, but I need to speak with the CEO directly face to face as that would make it easier to explain the entire situation. I called him back and he said he already has one college student working on the ranch (his nephew I assume), and he's still looking in all places where I could come up with extra time to come up with the 1200. I would out right ask him to loan me the money and have it taken from my paycheck weekly until it is paid back, but I don't know if he is willing to go for that or not, but I am willing to try.

This whole situation just outright pisses me off. I talked with my brother about it this morning and he said that from my standpoint because ATU refused my money then I should be going for free, because I tried to pay them and they refused my money. Im still going to come up with the 1200 and finish out the semester one way or the other, even if it means selling my laptop, camera, DVDs and what have you not.

But after I finish out this semester I plan on transferring to UACCM at Morrilton which is a farther drive and only a 2 year community college, but at least I can get my basics out of the way without someone screwing me over. I can probably try to move to Conway after I get my first two years done then go to UCA to finish the degree. But I will never deal with ATU again after this mess!
I am sorry to hear you had so much trouble. I know how you feel. I am going through it right now. I actually lost my job while on a medical leave and I have to come up with the money before I can go back to class. I do my classes online so it is easier to pay it that way. I went to my enrollment counselor and she had helped me when they gave my money to someone else after it posted to my account. They took it back and then said I owed more then I did. After going to the Top people in the college she was able to get me credit for all of the money and they added a credit for part of my next class. You have to fight for it but it is worth it. I will keep you in my prayers.

That sounds silly for what they did, most schools I have known about has well established system of deferred payment or some type of assistance to help students pay their tutition at one point or another.

I have done a deferred payment when I was back in community college working part time and have no parental money support. Though I'm deaf I did not qualify for the VR help back then due to my refusal to get on the SSI system.

By the way can you get a federal loan as I dont remember the name of my loan but it was VERRRRY low interest rate like 1.2 percent when I was done with school. (upon graudation the interest starts) its zero percent interest when I was still in school? I paid it off in no time.

Back