It's A COMPUTER!!!11!!!1!

ah, well i am a kind of radical, but not the terrorist kind, no way...

My first computer was Packard Bell and it comes with Windows 95. Very slowwwwwwww. At High School, my friend and I create two yahoo chess accounts and create several different accounts and then we play each other with 3 move checkmate at 10 different computers at computer room, and we ended up have 2500+ rating (700 wins 0 losses) which is higher than Garry Kasparov's 2200 chess rating. :lol: Good old times!

I'm still amazed at how technology has evolved so rapidly.

My family's first computer was an Apple. Tiny, tiny, tiny monitor. And a huge desktop hard drive with practically no RAM to write home about. :lol:

Nowadays we've got 3 trusty laptops, iPhones and iPads. Never again the old days :)

(Yeah, I'm a 70's kid. :) )

My family's first computer was an Apple. Tiny, tiny, tiny monitor. And a huge desktop hard drive with practically no RAM to write home about. :lol:

Nowadays we've got 3 trusty laptops, iPhones and iPads. Never again the old days :)

i like you said , yea im the 80's kid....had a ZX-81 as first computer...then Atari 600Xl, and 800Xl, LOVED IT......

the ZX-81 had 1K RAM !!
but back in the days, it was magical to have such a COMPUTER, it was a word that carried, many magical promises you can do SO many things on it, i even dabbled with Machine codes...written a Poker game all by myself (when i was 13) and wrote is again at 16 in school , was the best in school at that time...good memories...wish i can go back, real buzz
lack of colours or chunky graphics were 'real computers' to that you see and understand what's it's about...nowaday people STILL havent a freakn' CLUE, (including Mew LOL, sorry girl)

but yeah, such fascination is like a forever-kid-sydrome (well i think i have it) and I still love it, but i really miss it , dont like OOP, 4th-5th generation programming yuck....its layers program on a program on a program on a program.....no real control....(probably explains why real hackers likes Linux, you got more will over the machine, but more responsibility to learn and try)

Cheers
btw i have a linux server and uses it everyday, very cool, remote this and that - everything....not for beginners (in todays world ofc)

My daughter and husband where over today and her husband was listening to music on his smartphone and my daughter was using her as a flashlight .
If anyone had told me when I was a kid phones would be doing all of this one day I would thought they where nuts. I am a 50's kid and the only technology we had was a phone , radio and b/w TV . And I sometime think
kids where better when I was younger . We did not to worry about trying to keep up with the latest new technology.

About TV, alright anyone old enough to remember the days that we never heard of remote control and thought it is just a fantasy, and sure I remember vividly on these commercial promoting people buying remote controlled TV as an added bonus, very creative advertisement... LOL

Top dial channel 2 to 13, never 0 or 1
bottom channel 14 to 56 or something like that, don't recall the highest number because it was seldom used.

LOL, walk back n forth between TV and couch... No wonder why more people are gaining weight... :hmm:

Gee! I know Im going off topic, but it appears to be more plausible than in 70's

or-give-it-to-your-mother-she-knows-what-to-do-with-it.jpg

About TV, alright anyone old enough to remember the days that we never heard of remote control and thought it is just a fantasy, and sure I remember vividly on these commercial promoting people buying remote controlled TV as an added bonus, very creative advertisement... LOL

Top dial channel 2 to 13, never 0 or 1
bottom channel 14 to 56 or something like that, don't recall the highest number because it was seldom used.

LOL, walk back n forth between TV and couch... No wonder why more people are gaining weight... :hmm:
The lower number channels were VHF, and the upper numbers were UHF, and required a separate antenna.

^^^very high freq, then ultra high freq...so yes this makes sense.....

Back