It's A COMPUTER!!!11!!!1!

I was 6 when I got my first computer, was a TRS 80 Model 600 laptop. Things sure have changed, now I have a Dell tablet that does everything but cook dinner.

spoilt? (err spoiled).

Well then I as a *mumbles age* year old... I must be spoiled. You should see me when I work on Creaky Dell! That PC is 10 years old. So no these kids are not spoiled.

lmao oh they're funny (no sound right now). "Technology is awesome" and "This is better than Flappy Bird!"

So no. I didn't see it as whining. Kids will be kids... I am sure that when I was young there were things that we expressed exasperation about.. Black and white tv, Having to *oh NO!* get up and turn the tv channel (yes I'm old enough to have done that- the first remote I ever saw was maybe early 80s...?).

I'll have to get a pic of the computer my dad got in 1983. I used to have an ATT6300.. how I wish I had kept it now...:(.

really? how can you change channels without a remote, and I have a black and white TV now. The outer frame is black and it has white trim.

I was 6 when I got my first computer, was a TRS 80 Model 600 laptop. Things sure have changed, now I have a Dell tablet that does everything but cook dinner.

When I was 6 yo we where using phones like this and our TV looked this , things has really changed for me.

9PHA236QG5MVR8P.JPG

kids-watching-50s-tv.png

When I was 6 yo we where using phones like this and our TV looked this , things has really changed for me.

9PHA236QG5MVR8P.JPG

kids-watching-50s-tv.png
Not to forget, party lines on the phone, operator-assisted long-distance calls, rabbit ears and tinfoil on the TV. :lol:

Kids were the TV "remotes" back in the day. The parent would say, "change the channel" or "turn down the volume" or "adjust the antenna" and the kid would get up and do it. :D

We used to memorize the phone numbers of friends and family (now called "contacts").

A phone with a cord, that would help with losing it but really how can you make a call without a contact list or scanning a QR code:shock:

When I was younger kid, my dad had this alarm clock like this:

00ee8b997dbc7839bffd30395c3985a4.jpg

Not to forget, party lines on the phone, operator-assisted long-distance calls, rabbit ears and tinfoil on the TV. :lol:

Kids were the TV "remotes" back in the day. The parent would say, "change the channel" or "turn down the volume" or "adjust the antenna" and the kid would get up and do it. :D

We used to memorize the phone numbers of friends and family (now called "contacts").

I still remember our first & second home phone numbers and my dad's old work number.

Yeah , my grandmother would call our house when she did not know how to use their 'rabbits ears'. My older sister had to tell grandma what to do . We use to ask the operator what time it was and dad got a two parties line for us kids to use b/c dad could never reach mom . We had the phone tied up for hours , there where 3 girls and one boy so our phone never cool down . :giggle: And we only had about 3 channels to watch on TV .
And we can't forget the hearing aids from the 50's ,my first HA looked just like this

2173436155_35728f882f.jpg

And this was my how my second HA ,looked it was smaller and not as heavy and could put it in my dress's pocket if it had on the top.

DSC01202.jpg

I still remember a few phone numbers from my childhood. :lol:
I didn't consider it suffering to watch black and white shows without captioning, but now I do. Hah.
Did you have a stereo console that played albums? We had one from 1960 and spent countless hours sitting on the floor in front of it, feeling and listening to the music. THAT I enjoyed. :)

Sheesh, it sounded like your at my age. I do remember Zenith Hearing aid. Wow and hard earmold, hard earmold phased out when I was around pre-teen, not sure exact when but yeah.

This is one of reason why I hate hearing aid so much. Its loud, unintelligable sounds. I can't separate any sounds period.

Yeah , my grandmother would call our house when she did not know how to use their 'rabbits ears'. My older sister had to tell grandma what to do . We use to ask the operator what time it was and dad got a two parties line for us kids to use b/c dad could never reach mom . We had the phone tied up for hours , there where 3 girls and one boy so our phone never cool down . :giggle: And we only had about 3 channels to watch on TV .
And we can't forget the hearing aids from the 50's ,my first HA looked just like this

2173436155_35728f882f.jpg

And this was my how my second HA ,looked it was smaller and not as heavy and could put it in my dress's pocket if it had on the top.

DSC01202.jpg

I didn't consider it suffering to watch black and white shows without captioning, but now I do. Hah.
Did you have a stereo console that played albums? We had one from 1960 and spent countless hours sitting on the floor in front of it, feeling and listening to the music. THAT I enjoyed. :)

I watch mostly cowboy shows and you really did not need cc to tell you want was happening . Bang ,Bang the bad guy fall dead! Bad guy had black hat , good guy white hat . The end.

We had b&w TV until I was about 26 years old.

We had a hi-fi (high fidelity) console stereo (my dad was an electrical engineer and very picky about his equipment). It had diamond needles, played albums (33 ⅓ rpm) and 45's (with an adapter for the center hole that also allowed for stacking multiple records).

Yes, those stereos could "thump" when the bass was turned up. :)

Sheesh, it sounded like your at my age. I do remember Zenith Hearing aid. Wow and hard earmold, hard earmold phased out when I was around pre-teen, not sure exact when but yeah.

This is one of reason why I hate hearing aid so much. Its loud, unintelligable sounds. I can't separate any sounds period.

Oh my garsh, those hearing aids. I had one big as a ghetto blaster with the wire attached to this massive thing in my ear. Yet no one was stupid enough to taunt me about it. ;)

I watch mostly cowboy shows and you really did not need cc to tell you want was happening . Bang ,Bang the bad guy fall dead! Bad guy had black hat , good guy white hat . The end.

And riding off into the white sunset. Yep.

We had b&w TV until I was about 26 years old.

We had a hi-fi (high fidelity) console stereo (my dad was an electrical engineer and very picky about his equipment). It had diamond needles, played albums (33 ⅓ rpm) and 45's (with an adapter for the center hole that also allowed for stacking multiple records).

Yes, those stereos could "thump" when the bass was turned up. :)

I have our radio and record player in my living room. My daughter said she wanted it when my mom had to move out of her home . It's all in one big cabinet .

Back