It must get tiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what I HATE about SEE.

Every bilingual community I have ever been around has puns and word play based on inconsistencies in both languages.

For instance in Spanish there is no real way to say, "Foul ball" but foul sounds like fowl and a chicken is a fowl. So a Mexican is apt to say, "El da una gallina" or literally "He gave a chicken." to mean he hit a foul ball.

So why can't you use some of these puns in ASL?

They are all over the place just waiting to be played with.

So why not?

Because some idiot used up all the puns inventing a pseudo language called SEE.
Or just thinks he did. It would appear to me because some monolinguals want to tell a bunch of bilinguals what comparisons are acceptable to make between languages.

She has to. She's wearing a lampshade for a hat.

I've heard that Marlee knows how to party! Probably because she is Deaf.:P It has a postive affect on your ability to have fun, obviously.

I guess you are just going to have to change the way you play to accommodate the fox.:roll: That is what they always expect.:roll:

Back with my revolver. Shooting at little fox feet. They will soon learn to dance to my tune! :evil:

A few nights ago, I was working late into the evening. I had my laptop set up near the dining room screen door (so the glass part is open.) Imagine my freak-out when a grey tabby jumps into the screen (which stopped him!) so he's hanging from all 4 paws from the screen. I didn't hear the activity happen, but saw all the cats "flew their heads" towards the screen. Nearly gave me a heart attack. The reason I'm remembering this is because just a few years ago, a young fox did the same.

Back with my revolver. Shooting at little fox feet. They will soon learn to dance to my tune! :evil:

Atta way Bott! Force them to conform to the accepted standards for dancing! Don't worry about crippling them. We can mop up the blood later.

A few nights ago, I was working late into the evening. I had my laptop set up near the dining room screen door (so the glass part is open.) Imagine my freak-out when a grey tabby jumps into the screen (which stopped him!) so he's hanging from all 4 paws from the screen. I didn't hear the activity happen, but saw all the cats "flew their heads" towards the screen. Nearly gave me a heart attack. The reason I'm remembering this is because just a few years ago, a young fox did the same.

Sorry about the scare, but I am sitting here LMAO.

Atta way Bott! Force them to conform to the accepted standards for dancing! Don't worry about crippling them. We can mop up the blood later.

But the fox feet will become too holey to discuss.

What made them "fly" their heads?

Thanks!! I usually drink Sprite, but thanks again!!

I have Sprite too, and all the different coloured Fantas (Orange, Red, Green, and even Grape) Help yourself :D I'm getting with the Rumba beat. Go Botts!

And did the rest of their body fly, too? I've seen flying squirrels, but never flying cats. Or flying cat heads! It is kind of disturbing to think about.

Sorry about the scare, but I am sitting here LMAO.

:lol:

Must've been the sound of the tabby flinging him/herself into the screen door. I'm guessing it may have been feral or an indoor/outdoor cat. It wasn't one of mine -- this was outside the door, not inside. I think he/she was trying to get into my house and the screen blocked the way. So I saw nothing but a grey tabby with huge eyes clinging off the screen door staring at me :lol:

They are just like zombies, they just keep walking and gnawing onto the flesh whenever the opportunity rises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back