It must get tiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rounders:

"If you don't spot a sucker within 30 minutes of playing, you're the sucker..."

From the looks of this CSign is not making a mockery of anyone's speech abilities. She is saying that we all know that Jillio can say "Audism". I don't think anyone can question that given how often Jillio uses the term.

Another one taking themselves way too seriously!:laugh2:

We did not need your explanations. Everyone has the thread figured out nicely, thank you. Well, everyone but you, I guess.

Wirelessly posted

First, not reading past the first few posts, let me welcome you to the internets. :D

Second, it's not just here, it's anywhere. Except it is a little more personal here because the deaf world is small, someone knows another at some point in the network.

Only options are:
A) ignore it or admit mistake/resign from thread etc
B) fight back
C) troll them so we can all eat popcorn and watch the show. :cool:

Srs post. /thread

I just got an insightful PM from a well respected member.

I'm not going to read the above posts right now, and I also won't respond to them.

I will say; if you all like the fighting, bullying, immature name calling etc., then carry on.

I had good intentions and was hoping that some of us could make a concerted effort going forward for a less hostile environment.

I was reminded though, that I am not always dealing with linear thinking, rational people.

So with that said, if you get off on the hostility and hate keep at it. If you enjoy reading it, keep "liking" those posts and everything will stay the same.

You might lose some people who would benefit from participating, and on the otherhand you might miss out on some good information they have to share.

But so it goes.

Peace.

Wirelessly posted

First, not reading past the first few posts, let me welcome you to the internets. :D

Second, it's not just here, it's anywhere. Except it is a little more personal here because the deaf world is small, someone knows another at some point in the network.

Only options are:
A) ignore it or admit mistake/resign from thread etc
B) fight back
C) troll them so we can all eat popcorn and watch the show. :cool:

Srs post. /thread

And I've been nice in this thread. Unlike how I'd act in the other forums...

I'm not going to read the above posts right now, and I also won't respond to them.

I will say; if you all like the fighting, bullying, immature name calling etc., then carry on.

I had good intentions and was hoping that some of us could make a concerted effort going forward for a less hostile environment.

I was reminded though, that I am not always dealing with linear thinking, rational people.

So with that said, if you get off on the hostility and hate keep at it. If you enjoy reading it, keep "liking" those posts and everything will stay the same.

You might lose some people who would benefit from participating, and on the otherhand you might miss out on some good information they have to share.

But so it goes.

Peace.

Nice, you couldn't even refrain from saying "I was reminded though, that I am not always dealing with linear thinking, rational people."

Further reinforces what we were saying. :giggle:

It takes MATURITY to be the bigger person. If someone (doesn't matter who) wants to be a jerk and throw a grenade into a discussion, they will do it. It takes restraint and maturity to ignore that person. THIS is exactly what I have RARELY seen on this forum. Restraint.

Just because someone says something, that doesn't mean it has to be corrected at. every single. turn.

I've seen discussions turn very ugly simply because someone feels the need to correct what they see as misrepresentation. Just because a person sees a situation a certain way, it doesn't mean someone else does.

In short, folks. We're not going to always agree with each other. But, we shouldn't allow ourselves to resort to tactics one would most often see on a Kindergarten playground to get across our point of view.

The majority of us are adults here. Let's start acting like it.

ALL OF US.

If you don't like what you see and it makes you mad, simply walk away from the thread (or, heck, the forum if you need to).

It takes MATURITY to be the bigger person. If someone (doesn't matter who) wants to be a jerk and throw a grenade into a discussion, they will do it. It takes restraint and maturity to ignore that person. THIS is exactly what I have RARELY seen on this forum. Restraint.

Just because someone says something, that doesn't mean it has to be corrected at. every single. turn.

I've seen discussions turn very ugly simply because someone feels the need to correct what they see as misrepresentation. Just because a person sees a situation a certain way doesn't mean someone else does.

In short, folks. We're not going to always agree with each other. But, we shouldn't allow ourselves to resort to tactics one would most often see on a Kindergarten playground to get across our point of view.

ALL OF US.

If you don't like what you see and it makes you mad, simply walk away from the thread (or, heck, the forum if you need to).
mi casa no es tu casa......

But so it goes.

Peace.

More claims that you refuse to support? :laugh2:

Are you suggesting that the Deaf here are deficient because ASL is not intended to be processed in a linear way as is English? Are you insinuating the the Deaf are not rational?

Good intentions do not always get good results. In fact, when intentions are coming from a self serving position and are ethnocentric, they rarely get good results.

If you don't like what you find, then you look somewhere else. You don't attempt to change a forum just because you don't like what you find here. Everyone is not obligated to tend to your needs.

I've seen discussions turn very ugly simply because someone feels the need to correct what they see as misrepresentation. Just because a person sees a situation a certain way doesn't mean someone else does.

ALL OF US.

You don't have a problem with misinformation being given out under the guise of fact and advice? I know that is not the way you believe, or the way you function.

First Lesson of Communication 101 - Message Sent is not equal to Message Received.

You don't have a problem with misinformation being given out under the guise of fact and advice?

This is a public forum. We all have opinions, and that, is what this really comes down to at the end of it. Opinions. But, how someone comes across also matters. We can all stick to our values and what we feel is right w/o causing flame wars; if we simply are mature about it.

This is a public forum. We all have opinions, and that, is what this really comes down to at the end of it. Opinions. But, how someone comes across also matters. We can all stick to our values and what we feel is right w/o causing flame wars; if we simply are mature about it.

Gotcha. In order to be true to myself, I have to correct that misinformation which has the potential to cause harm.

First Lesson of Communication 101 - Message Sent is not equal to Message Received.

OK, so message isn't received. That is not our problem. If someone really isn't going to see a certain point of view. There's really NOTHING anyone is going to say to that person to change their mind, so what's the POINT in arguing?

OK, so message isn't received. That is not our problem. If someone really isn't going to see a certain point of view. There's really NOTHING anyone is going to say to that person to change their mind, so what's the POINT in arguing?

The point is to have accurate information represented for the onlookers.

I say same for person who sent the message. It's not our problem either if their message isn't what a sender intended. Many times - a speaker expects us to understand him immediately like we're mind readers.

I would focus more on constructing a well-received message than to fret about why audience is being "difficult" with my ill-conceived message. that's why some people can be stupid but charismatic and some are brilliant yet poor at convincing people.

I say same for person who sent the message. It's not our problem either if their message isn't what a sender intended. Many times - a speaker expects us to understand him immediately like we're mind readers.

I would focus more on constructing a well-received message than to fret about why audience is being "difficult" with my ill-conceived message. that's why some people can be stupid but charismatic and some are brilliant yet poor at convincing people.

Exactly

I get that. But, there's a way to give that information w/o turning a thread into something akin to a blood bath.

I don't think you fully grasp it. I could drop some liners, and you would want to turn me into gory bits... :) Then we can discuss from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back