issues about reputation

Vamp

Care to explain why we all have that reputation? It's all new to me. *Chuckles*

CyberRed said:
Vamp

Care to explain why we all have that reputation? It's all new to me. *Chuckles*
It was included in the upgrade of AllDeaf. It wasn't completely expected and no one complained about it. Personally, I see no point of having it... but it isn't hurting me and no one is using it against me. That's why I don't bother talking about it.

Usually, members use it to reflect on their behavior and comments in AllDeaf. They aren't to be taken personally... just to understand on what needs or doesn't need to be improved. Suppose someone made a bad post that was inappropriate for some reason. You can give a rating for that person. First, you click on negative... then make a short statement why you felt it wasn't appropriate. Most members will either reply in the thread or PM that person with their response. Although it's recommended that members use PM to avoid flame wars, some might want to keep it confidential... so they use the reputation system.

The same goes for good posts. You may see something that was very well said and you're "speechless" because it was really good. You can leave a positive rating with a comment like, "Very well said!"

The reason why I don't care much for it is because most people respond to negative comments more than positive comments. I consider those with a lot of good ratings... lucky.

Hope this clears up the reputation thing for you. :thumb:

VamPyroX said:
It was included in the upgrade of AllDeaf. It wasn't completely expected and no one complained about it. Personally, I see no point of having it... but it isn't hurting me and no one is using it against me. That's why I don't bother talking about it.

Usually, members use it to reflect on their behavior and comments in AllDeaf. They aren't to be taken personally... just to understand on what needs or doesn't need to be improved. Suppose someone made a bad post that was inappropriate for some reason. You can give a rating for that person. First, you click on negative... then make a short statement why you felt it wasn't appropriate. Most members will either reply in the thread or PM that person with their response. Although it's recommended that members use PM to avoid flame wars, some might want to keep it confidential... so they use the reputation system.

The same goes for good posts. You may see something that was very well said and you're "speechless" because it was really good. You can leave a positive rating with a comment like, "Very well said!"

The reason why I don't care much for it is because most people respond to negative comments more than positive comments. I consider those with a lot of good ratings... lucky.

Hope this clears up the reputation thing for you. :thumb:

Alwite ! *Whew* lol Merci !!

Cyber Red did u know ur Reputation is On disabled, meaning u cant shows agreements or disagreements posts made toward to you.. If u want to turn it back on u can go to Profile and turn it back on its up to u.. just letting u know.

Cheri said:
Cyber Red did u know ur Reputation is On disabled, meaning u cant shows agreements or disagreements posts made toward to you.. If u want to turn it back on u can go to Profile and turn it back on its up to u.. just letting u know.

Yeah, I am aware of it. Merci !! :mrgreen:

I'm a bit confused about the reputation sytem. Until coming across this topic, I didn't know such a thing existed. Of course, now that I know about this system, I'm trying to see how I've been rated. I tried going into the user control panel and finding my rating but all I could really figure out was that show my reputation level is enabled and that I have 10 reputation points. I'd like to view information about the ratings themselves. How would I do that? Thanks in advance for your help!

Saline Eyes said:
I'm a bit confused about the reputation sytem. Until coming across this topic, I didn't know such a thing existed. Of course, now that I know about this system, I'm trying to see how I've been rated. I tried going into the user control panel and finding my rating but all I could really figure out was that show my reputation level is enabled and that I have 10 reputation points. I'd like to view information about the ratings themselves. How would I do that? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Saline Eyes... ok... U dont rate urself U rate others U go by their posts and at the bottom u see (check & X Together) ? that is the rating U give whoever u agree or disagree on their post and it will show on the members list if they recieve red color meaning bad post disagree if they recieve green color it means postive post meaning they agree.. But some people abused it and put disagree on it even through nothing wrong with ur post.. It can happen wish it doesnt but it doesnt effect u as a member here Alex said that.. So really it not really important... But if u post more and if your post is good u will be able to get good rating... But if u post less U wont get anything... That works sometimes...Hope this help u out...

Cheri said:
Hi Saline Eyes... ok... U dont rate urself U rate others U go by their posts and at the bottom u see (check & X Together) ? that is the rating U give whoever u agree or disagree on their post and it will show on the members list if they recieve red color meaning bad post disagree if they recieve green color it means postive post meaning they agree.. But some people abused it and put disagree on it even through nothing wrong with ur post.. It can happen wish it doesnt but it doesnt effect u as a member here Alex said that.. So really it not really important... But if u post more and if your post is good u will be able to get good rating... But if u post less U wont get anything... That works sometimes...Hope this help u out...

Thanks for replying. I'm sorry if my original message wasn't clear, but basically what I want to know is: Is there any way to view the posts that I was rated for?

Saline Eyes said:
Thanks for replying. I'm sorry if my original message wasn't clear, but basically what I want to know is: Is there any way to view the posts that I was rated for?

oh I am sorry Yes u go to User CP On top of alldeaf and it will view the topic that someone gave u a rate for u can click on that link and it will pull up ur post that someone agree or disagree on.. For u to rate on someone u can see the post who u rating on the button is near the post that u rating on... So yes U can see it but they will not know who rate u only you know who u rate... get it? Hope that helps.. If That is what u asking...;)

Abuse of Reputation Rating System

Being able to access to reputation lists, I have noticed that a lot of members abuse this system. I have noticed that some people might take some posts totally out of context or too seriously, and get even with these members by giving them a negative rep. Someone accused me of giving this person a negative rep, whereas this was not true at all. Another member gave it to this person, but I got the neg rep out of revenge anyway. I think people need to lighten up and not take it too serious. This is a friendly discussion forum, and the moderator's job is to keep things in check and to keep problems from escalating. I guess being a moderator's job is difficult, when I have to tell members to calm down or whatever for what reason, I get a bad rep out of revenge. *sigh*

I, too, see no redeeming value to this rating system because people are either too ignorant about a post's content for which they gave me a red mark or they are the vindictive and cowardly sort, wrongfully besmirching the reps of people. I say to hell with this system's viability and I'm most probably going to make myself scarce as far as coming here any more.

Btw, Levonian, nice to make your acquaintance however brief and nearly non-existent as it was.

kuifje75 said:
Being able to access to reputation lists, I have noticed that a lot of members abuse this system. I have noticed that some people might take some posts totally out of context or too seriously, and get even with these members by giving them a negative rep. Someone accused me of giving this person a negative rep, whereas this was not true at all. Another member gave it to this person, but I got the neg rep out of revenge anyway. I think people need to lighten up and not take it too serious. This is a friendly discussion forum, and the moderator's job is to keep things in check and to keep problems from escalating. I guess being a moderator's job is difficult, when I have to tell members to calm down or whatever for what reason, I get a bad rep out of revenge. *sigh*

Need a beer to relax ya ? lol

The Only thing I don't like about Reputation or the Rating system is the bad comments because some can be a bit too personal or come across in such a way that is deemed immatured...naturally, not everyone is going to agree with some of my posts or I'm going to agree with anyone's else posts, but that don't mean we need to take it out on the Disapprove button in a negative way...also, there would be times I would click this on the wrong post that I had wanted to responded to...I perhaps can understand the purposes of the rating system being used here, yet it does seem like lately it has been used for the wrong reasons and getting out of hand with negative personal comments which can be emotionally disturbing at times or showing a great deal of disrespect... cuz comments makes it harder to accept.....maybe we all could benefit from not having a section where we can post comments in the reputation dialog box...

If you rate someone for the wrong reasons , I was wondering if there was some kind set-up where you can take it back because I can see that people get angry or upset and not thinking twice about what they're doing when they write bad comments or press disapprove.....

For Example: If someone was reading a post and would be upset or angry or irritated, etc....and at that moment would respond negatively by posting degratory remarks, etc. and later on someone would realize that she/he made a mistake and would like to take it back...and also responding to the wrong post and to clear up that by taking it back..... :grouphug:

Last edited:
In other words, you read a post you approved, then decided you don't like it and disapprove later?

^Angel^ said:
The Only thing I don't like about Reputation or the Rating system is the bad comments because some can be a bit too personal or come across in such a way that is deemed immatured...naturally, not everyone is going to agree with some of my posts or I'm going to agree with anyone's else posts, but that don't mean we need to take it out on the Disapprove button in a negative way...also, there would be times I would click this on the wrong post that I had wanted to responded to...I perhaps can understand the purposes of the rating system being used here, yet it does seem like lately it has been used for the wrong reasons and getting out of hand with negative personal comments which can be emotionally disturbing at times or showing a great deal of disrespect...maybe we all could benefit from not having a section where we can post comments in the reputation dialog box...

If you rate someone for the wrong reasons , I was wondering if there was some kind set-up where you can take it back because I can see that people get angry or upset and not thinking twice about what they're doing when they write bad comments or press disapprove.....

For Example: If someone was reading a post and would be upset or angry or irritated, etc....and at that moment would respond negatively by posting degratory remarks, etc. and later on someone would realize that she/he made a mistake and would like to take it back...and also responding to the wrong post and to clear up that by taking it back..... :grouphug:

If, I were in your shoes... I wouldn't let it to bother me. *Chuckles* I would just ignore them and move on. All I do is just thinkin' about myself in a positive way. :mrgreen: Yeah, I know some of things like this bother to some deafies ...but, hey don't let it get to them. Remma, it is just a computer. If, you meet them in person, then, maybe it is a different story, hmm? Just enjoy bein' you is all that matters. *Winks*

CyberRed said:
If, I were in your shoes... I wouldn't let it to bother me. *Chuckles* I would just ignore them and move on. All I do is just thinkin' about myself in a positive way. :mrgreen: Yeah, I know some of things like this bother to some deafies ...but, hey don't let it get to them. Remma, it is just a computer. If, you meet them in person, then, maybe it is a different story, hmm? Just enjoy bein' you is all that matters. *Winks*

It doesn't even bother me CyberRed ...that not why I posted that!... :mrgreen:

Deaf258 said:
In other words, you read a post you approved, then decided you don't like it and disapprove later?

Nope, That's not what I said..... :mrgreen:--------> that's what I meant...
For Example: If someone was reading a post and would be upset or angry or irritated, etc....and at that moment would respond negatively by posting degratory remarks, etc. and later on someone would realize that she/he made a mistake and would like to take it back...and also responding to the wrong post and to clear up that by taking it back.....

^Angel^ said:
It doesn't even bother me CyberRed ...that not why I posted that!... :mrgreen:
Originally Posted by ^Angel^

The Only thing I don't like about Reputation or the Rating system is the bad comments because some can be a bit too personal or come across in such a way that is deemed immatured

See what you typed above here that I just quoted your comments...it referred to you as you stated "I" don't like ....* It tells that it bothers you when you don't like about "reputation" or the "ratin' system".

Back