ISIS threatens beheading of two Japanese hostages

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't believe Jordan government threatened to execute all ISIS prisoners if their pilot was killed. wow.
Oh, I didn't know about that since I learned the news from CNN TV (however, not more than 20 minutes). So you think Jordan government is horrible or worse than ISIS?

Oh, I didn't know about that since I learned the news from CNN TV (however, not more than 20 minutes). So you think Jordan government is horrible or worse than ISIS?

horrible or worse? how? we execute criminals and that's legal.

ISIS executed innocent people.

horrible or worse? how? we execute criminals and that's legal.

ISIS executed innocent people.
You said "can't believe" and "wow",
it sounded like you were shocked. My bad!

You said "can't believe" and "wow",
it sounded like you were shocked. My bad!

because have you ever heard of government doing like that? threatening to execute all prisoners if their pilot is killed?

WOW! I think we should do same thing!

because have you ever heard of government doing like that? threatening to execute all prisoners if their pilot is killed?

I don't blame Jordan because ISIS is evil. Kill them all.

Recently US and allied air forces killed about 6,000 of them in Syria and/or Iraq. We don't have an exact estimate how many more are active. Some said maybe 50,000, some said about 100,000. Long way to go.

can't believe Jordan government threatened to execute all ISIS prisoners if their pilot was killed. wow.

and the problem executing a load of thugs holding world to ransom to my shame I could execute them and not bat an eyelid which makes me as bad

Not a surprise if you've studied the Middle East and Islamic culture. I feel for any innocent life these men target. It's a shame really that they can't target other Muslim extremists.....instead of innocent men, women and children watching soccer....

Laura

they just burned the Jordanian pilot to deaf

I guess Obama can't continue to compare them to varsity basketball.....

Laura

now I wonder if Jordan government will keep its words..... to execute all ISIS prisoners...

yes. I guess they need to save some prisoners as bargaining chips.
Not all Al Qaeda prisoners were associated with ISIS. Anyway, ISIS wants the female prisoner. Then Jordan should kill her.

Update: That female prisoner (one of two) was executed. It has not been confirmed but Jordan gov said so.

Last edited:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/04/opinion/cruickshank-isis-miscalculated/index.html
Spreading terror has worked before for ISIS, allowing it to punch above its weight. In the weeks before launching an assault on Mosul, Iraq, in June, the group released a series of gory videos showing the militants brutalizing and killing Iraqi soldiers they had captured. It put the scare in the Iraqi army. When ISIS fighters attacked Mosul, Iraqi soldiers turned and fled despite greatly outnumbering the attackers.

Al-Baghdadi was no doubt hoping to pull off the same trick this time. The release of the video to coincide with Jordanian King Abdullah II's visit to the United States may have been deliberate -- the optics of the Jordanian King in Washington served ISIS' narrative of the kingdom being a vassal of the "Crusaders."

But ISIS appears to have badly miscalculated. Al-Kasasbeh was from a prominent Sunni tribal family in Jordan, and his killing has sparked outrage. And if support in Jordan for King Abdullah's involvement in the anti-ISIS coalition was lukewarm before, it is now red-hot. There has also been outrage across the Sunni Arab world, with the head of Egypt's Al-Azhar University, Sunni Islam's most prestigious center of learning, reportedly calling for ISIS fighters to be crucified.

Indeed, while the video has electrified ISIS' most hard-line supporters around the world, and will likely help persuade foreign fighters to join it rather than al Qaeda, it is also likely to shrink its potential pool of recruits. The reality is that burning to death a fellow Muslim is so at odds with mainstream Islamic teaching that even some ISIS sympathizers may have second thoughts. It's a point underscored in November when Sulaimaan Samuel, a mentor in a UK Home Office scheme to prevent radicalization, said ISIS' beheading of British aid worker Alan Henning was putting off young British Muslims from joining the group.

In the long run, ISIS' brutality is not a winning strategy, as al Qaeda has recognized. Exactly a year before the release of the video of the Jordanian pilot being burned alive, al Qaeda's general command severed ties to ISIS for its excess brutality and killing of Muslims.

and now Jordan government launched airstrikes in Syria

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/05/world/isis-jordan/index.html
"This is just the beginning and you shall know who the Jordanians are," the armed forces said in a statement on state TV.

The air mission was named "Moath the Martyr." State TV aired exclusive video footage of warplanes striking unspecified ISIS positions in Syria.

The pilot's father, Safi al-Kasasbeh, told CNN that King Abdullah II had promised him that Jordan would avenge his son's death and bombard ISIS' de facto capital of Raqqa in Syria. On Thursday, he said that the King told him 30 Jordanian fighter jets participated in the strikes.

"The homeland is entrusted to you all," he said alongside Abdullah, in remarks shown on state television, referencing Jordan's military and calling for national unity. "... For you (troops), to honor Moath is to uphold your oath and to follow in his footsteps as soldiers for God, his prophet (and) Islam ... in defending this dear homeland."

King Abdullah II is definitely looking like a badass right now so I've taken a bit of special interest in his background.

did not know he was in military for 35 years - a former commander of Jordan's Special Forces, elite Cobra attack helicopter pilot, and created Jordan's small Special Forces unit into today's elite Special Operations Command (SOCOM), arguably the best operatives in the Middle East.

http://www.businessinsider.com/king-abduallh-of-jordan-is-a-total-badass-2015-2
screen%20shot%202015-02-05%20at%2012.25.29%20pm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back