Is the Poverty Rate Higher For Deaf People Than General Population?

btw - people don't get rich from lazying around, ya know?

and I'm not that rich otherwise I wouldn't be here "all day and all night all week all month".

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Jiro, get back to work. lol

lol I'm done with work. Just finished 3 hours meeting. :dizzy:

I'm just chilling here to reply back some emails and then I'm off to BMW motorcycle dealership just to take a look at these 2 bikes that I'm drooling about. Too bad I can't afford it :(

Marathon meeting suck. Have fun!

lol I'm done with work. Just finished 3 hours meeting. :dizzy:

I'm just chilling here to reply back some emails and then I'm off to BMW motorcycle dealership just to take a look at these 2 bikes that I'm drooling about. Too bad I can't afford it :(

Felt the same way about a backhoe this morning. Breaking, my heart was. :cry:

Felt the same way about a backhoe this morning. Breaking, my heart was. :cry:

This one was actually pleasant.... probably cuz she bought me a cup of coffee and raisin bread. and she is cute and wanted to learn ASL :)

EDIT - oh and a red velvet cupcake :)

She must be really interested. ;-)

She must be really interested. ;-)

I thought so too. Such a nice friendly gal. I think I'm older than her. we both were supposed to go to ASL Poetry Club yesterday after work but we were too busy with deadlines and weather was miserable. Next time I guess.

$500.oo is the average. You were way off. I dont know why you complainin'!

$500.oo is the average. You were way off. I dont know why you complainin'!

If you have 20 seconds of free time, you should have an answers. I'm not complainin... you missed my post... I was telling a story when I was in my younger year...

If you have 20 seconds of free time, you should have an answers. I'm not complainin... you missed my post... I was telling a story when I was in my younger year...

Oh, I thought you was complain how much money deaf people get from SSDI.

A lot do.

yes D/deaf (and other disabilities) are discrimination againist.

But its up to the person to seek out opinions(with help of social agencies) to find suitable employment.

"Sorry dad appearing normal(not using wheelchairs) will not make me more employable"

Because of the tutor having an ableism mindset I cant study as a vet nurse

not if theyre being paid in cash. They pay no taxes.

all for more reason why Obama wanted to pass the law to allow them to work in America. and some people confused it as granting them an amnesty :roll:

I dont care what anyone sez, collecting ssi and living at home is not a good life.

Deaf people that are doing it have most likely given up on themselves.

We should work together in being more militant about deaf people getting the same opportunities as everyone else

wow, there appears to be a lot of resentment towards one another in the deaf community.

I can see how deaf people get discouraged and take ssi. If its between a crappy job like dishwasher vs ssi, can you blame them? Most menial labor jobs dont provide any benefits.

its called disability. by that i dont mean people using wheelchairs, im talking about how soceity labels us, puts us in the reserve heap, the bottom of the pile so yep cant blame us for exactly what you mentioned shit job or shitter pay but sanity is preserved, what you'd choose?

Back