Is Islam a Threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teresh said:
I don't deny what some Christians did during the Holocaust, I only also choose to remind you of what the Nazis were. At the highest levels, the movement was decidedly pagan (like the KKK, actually), but the vast majority of the soldiers and support staff were Christians.
Can you show me proof that most German soldiers were born-again Christians? Membership in "Christian" denomination churches, or infant baptism in "Christian" churches does not make a person a Christian.

No. Born-again followers of Christ love God's chosen people and didn't support the Holocaust.

"Gentile" and Christian are NOT the same thing.

Some of us don't think God hates His creation. Some of us don't have a negative v iewof humanity.
God doesn't hate His creation. Because He loves His creation that He sacrificed His own Son to save it.

Acknowledging that we sin is not a "negative" view; it is a realistic view.

If we don't first acknowledge our sins and weaknesses, we can't do anything about them. Even AA members know that. Denial of our sin nature doesn't do favors for anyone.

The Alhambra decree was issued on July 31, 1492. It declared that "Any Jew who does not comply with this edict and is to be found in our kingdom and domains, or who return to the kingdom in any manner, will incur punishment by death and confiscation of all their belongings."
You left out an important part of the sentence.

"The Alhambra Decree was issued in 1492 by the Catholic Monarchs of Spain".

The same Catholic Church that issued that decree also persecuted non-Catholic born-again Christians.

The Nuremberg Laws were passed in 1935.
Those Laws weren't written or passed by born-again Christians.

Again, I think you are assuming that just because individuals aren't Jews or Muslims, that they must be Christians, especially if they are Europeans. No, that just means that they are Gentiles. There are born-again (saved, converted, believers) Christians, and then there are Gentiles who belong to "Christian" denominations or just assume "Christianity" by default--these are not the same. They are two separate groups.

Indeed. Just because a person doesn't understand his or her religion doesn't mean that their actions reflect the consensus of the adherents.
True. But this goes beyond "misunderstanding" by an occasional flake. It is widespread wrong teaching in mosques and schools, and with the support of religious and community leaders.

Reba said:
............... born-again Christians............... born-again Christians............... born-again Christians................ born-again (saved, converted, believers) Christians ...............
So this is how you get rid of all the killing and torturing in Gods name... Just deny it by inventing "born-again Christians" and you will be fine.

Well, Bush is one of those "born-again Christians" and he is killing thousands of Iraqees and Americans....

So much for "born-again Christians"

History is repeating itself... No-one learned...

No, Teresh I was not putting words into your mouth and I find it interesting that you are un-able to respond to my posts especially with the video clips and that you just flat out denied that the Quran is not a violent book. Oh Shock of all shocks !!!!!

p.s. FYI Catholic Germany peresecuted the jews in WW 2 and not Protestant Germany. Many Protestants helped the jews and some Protestants were also fed up with jews but they did not do what the German Catholics who were in the uniforms of the Nazis did. You don't know your own history well enough like I do.

Cloggy said:
So this is how you get rid of all the killing and torturing in Gods name... Just deny it by inventing "born-again Christians" and you will be fine.
I didn't "invent" born-again Christians. I use that term to distinguish between individuals who have personally acknowledged that they are sinners, have repented, and have accepted the blood shed by Jesus on the cross as the atonement for their sins. They trust Jesus as their Lord and Savior only. They don't become Christians thru baptism, inheritance, nationality, church membership, rituals or "goodness". They are saved (born again, converted) thru the grace of God, not thru any other works of man or any organization.

The acts of religions or individual nuts who hijack the name "Christian" are NOT the acts of real Christians. There is nothing in Christian doctrine that calls for killing non-believers only because they refuse to accept Christ as Savior. Anyone who does that is NOT following Christ, and is not a Christian. Anyone who believes, teaches or commands that, is NOT a Christian.

Nothing pleases Satan more than to see Christians blamed for everything. It takes the heat off of him.

Well, Bush is one of those "born-again Christians" and he is killing thousands of Iraqees and Americans....
We are in a war for survival, and sadly, there are casualties of war. Bush might be a Christian but that's not his motive for war. He is the President of the United States, and, as Commander in Chief, he sends troops into battle. That applies to all American Presidents, no matter what their religious status is.

Reba said:
We are in a war for survival, and sadly, there are casualties of war. Bush might be a Christian but that's not his motive for war. He is the President of the United States, and, as Commander in Chief, he sends troops into battle. That applies to all American Presidents, no matter what their religious status is.
Saudi hijackers crash plane in buildings
Saudi family suspect
All planes grounded, saudi family allowed to fly and get out of country
Saudi money payed for hijackers
Saudi has oil
Iraq has oil
INVADE IRAQ
Need reason... make up bull story about WMD (yes lie!)
As said... New Born Christian

Cloggy said:
Saudi hijackers crash plane in buildings
Saudi family suspect
All planes grounded, saudi family allowed to fly and get out of country
Saudi money payed for hijackers
Saudi has oil
Iraq has oil
INVADE IRAQ
Need reason... make up bull story about WMD (yes lie!)
As said... New Born Christian

Sources for the conspiracy theory? And Fahrenheit 911 or Michael Moore doesn't count.

And even if some of the events happened to occur at the same time, correlation does not equate to causation. You must prove all links beyond the shadow of a doubt.

I would also add that more care is taken now to avoid killing the innocent than ever before--and when people are caught violating that duty, we bring them to trial and we are not afraid to convict them.

And for the record--there WERE Protestant Germans who took part in the abuses during the Holocaust. AND Catholic Germans who did NOT. Those who were Christian were not even permitted to practice full Christianity--the teachings of the Old Testament were banned under the flag of Nazi Germany. Preaching from the Old Testament could get you a visit from the Gestapo. Also remember that many unwilling conscripts were sent to the front lines to die as cannon fodder. Hitler really did rape the German people pretty thoroughly as well as doing the same to so many other groups in the world. That was the lesson I learned when I went to the Holocaust Museum recently--that his evil knew no bounds whatsoever. No evil knows any political boundaries...some who called themselves Christian committed horrible acts. Others did not. It ultimately comes down to the soul of a person.

Reba said:
Can you show me proof that most German soldiers were born-again Christians? Membership in "Christian" denomination churches, or infant baptism in "Christian" churches does not make a person a Christian.

OK, so you're out to deny the legitimacy of your fellow Christians on the grounds that they don't practice the same way you do. Right. That makes a lot of sense.

Reba said:
"Gentile" and Christian are NOT the same thing.

Many Christians are Gentiles. There are also many Christians that are Jews. Most Jewish Christians are not aware of their being Jews, however, being descended from forced converts in the medieval times. You, Reba, could, in principle, be a Jew and not even be aware of it.

A Gentile does not have to be Christian anymore than a Jew needs to practice Judaism. The terms applies to people who would be considered members of the Tribe or people who are not considered members of the Tribe.

Reba said:
God doesn't hate His creation. Because He loves His creation that He sacrificed His own Son to save it.

Save it from what? The boogey man? The abominable snow monster?

Reba said:
Acknowledging that we sin is not a "negative" view; it is a realistic view.

No, it's a negative view to believe that we are born evil.

Reba said:
If we don't first acknowledge our sins and weaknesses, we can't do anything about them. Even AA members know that. Denial of our sin nature doesn't do favors for anyone.

Denial that we sin isn't a virtue and repentance is important, but it is nonetheless also true that it's silly to think that a person who is born is born sinful and that he or she does not start with a clean slate.

Reba said:
You left out an important part of the sentence.

"The Alhambra Decree was issued in 1492 by the Catholic Monarchs of Spain".

The same Catholic Church that issued that decree also persecuted non-Catholic born-again Christians.

Yes, but that wasn't for another 25 years or so. The Protestants have had their fair share of times persecuting people, the Holocaust in particular. Even now, the Protestants of the KKK advocate racism, homophobia, anti-semitism, etc. "Born-again Christian" is a label that you claim for yourself to differentiate yourselves from the wicked among you, but that isn't a solution in itself.

You claim to be a better group of people, but you don't take action against the wicked among you, and, indeed, in some cases are no different yourselves. Your personal persecution of gay people (in the form of voting against gay civil rights) is an example of this. You claim to be a better, "born-again" person, and yet by your actions it is apparent that you simply focus your persecution on a different group of people. You're no better than the "not born-again" Christians, though I won't deny that you would like to think that you are. But they'd say the same about you, that you've lost the faith, not understanding the meaning.

You've created a special, superior status for yourself within the Christian community in a vain attempt to differentiate yourself from those in your community that have different opinions. All that distinction indicates is that you seriously want attention and appreciation for your devotion. You're devoted out of dishonesty and out of vanity rather than out of sincere desire to connect with the Almighty.

Reba said:
Again, I think you are assuming that just because individuals aren't Jews or Muslims, that they must be Christians, especially if they are Europeans.

Absolutely not. I don't assume someone is Christian, I acknowledge the fact that, demographically speaking, the vast majority of the European population at the time was Christian. When 90% or more of the population adheres to a specific religion, logic would hold that if it's a republican system of government that the government would be primarily composed of adherents of that faith.

Are there exceptions? Possibly. There's a few Jews in the Senate in the US even though the country is overwhelmingly Christian. The Senate still has a strong Christian majority in any case.

Reba said:
True. But this goes beyond "misunderstanding" by an occasional flake. It is widespread wrong teaching in mosques and schools, and with the support of religious and community leaders.

That could be said about some Christians too. I would say that in some parts of the US, there is widespread wrong teaching on Christianity that generates people like the KKK who believe only in hate. Again, the fact that some people are taught incorrectly, only given half of the story, and not thoroughly knowledgable about their religion is not a basis for us to condemn the entire religion.

Heath said:
No, Teresh I was not putting words into your mouth and I find it interesting that you are un-able to respond to my posts especially with the video clips and that you just flat out denied that the Quran is not a violent book. Oh Shock of all shocks !!!!!

I chose not to respond because you engage in quote mining.

Heath said:
p.s. FYI Catholic Germany peresecuted the jews in WW 2 and not Protestant Germany.

About two-thirds of Germans were Catholic during WWII.

Heath said:
Many Protestants helped the jews and some Protestants were also fed up with jews but they did not do what the German Catholics who were in the uniforms of the Nazis did. You don't know your own history well enough like I do.

Having been raised Catholic, I can say also that there were many Catholics who worked to hide Jews and get them out of the country when possible. There were both Protestants and Catholics who were doing God's work by opposing the Holocaust underground.

There are also both Catholics and Protestants that supported the Holocaust. Neither group has among it all good people or all bad people.

Reba said:
The acts of religions or individual nuts who hijack the name "Christian" are NOT the acts of real Christians. There is nothing in Christian doctrine that calls for killing non-believers only because they refuse to accept Christ as Savior. Anyone who does that is NOT following Christ, and is not a Christian. Anyone who believes, teaches or commands that, is NOT a Christian.

OK, so wouldn't that statement also apply for Muslims? If a person cannot follow the Qur'an (and, by virtue of the beliefs, also the Christian and Hebrew Scriptures) he or she is NOT a Muslim and is just hijacking the label for personal gain. If you're willing to say that a Christian who does not follow Jewish and Christian teachings is not a Christian, that goes for Muslims too.

Rose Immortal said:
Sources for the conspiracy theory? And Fahrenheit 911 or Michael Moore doesn't count.
Well, you bring up Michael Moore...
Think of this:
How fast can anyone be sued in USA for saying something that is a lie or for doing something wrong.... exactly... It's what makes health-insurance so expensive - amongst other things..

How often has Michael Moore been sued... exactly..

So..... it must be true.

I know it won't hold up in court, but it's good enough for me.

Reba said:
I didn't "invent" born-again Christians. I use that term to distinguish between individuals who have personally acknowledged that they are sinners, have repented, and have accepted the blood shed by Jesus on the cross as the atonement for their sins. They trust Jesus as their Lord and Savior only. They don't become Christians thru baptism, inheritance, nationality, church membership, rituals or "goodness". They are saved (born again, converted) thru the grace of God, not thru any other works of man or any organization.

I'm trying to get a handle on what you're saying. What I understand from your posts so far is that born-again Christians are pure (only inasmuch as a sinned human can be pure) in that they do not commit unnecessary harm, they do not violate the decrees of the Lord, and they maintain spiritual harmony with God.

I think it's a little more broad than what I put up here, but I think you get the gist.

So what I'm following here is that given these parameters, a true born-again Christian could not logically be consciously responsible of the crimes against humanity people have brought up here.

Am I still in the same ballpark?

Teresh said:
OK, so you're out to deny the legitimacy of your fellow Christians on the grounds that they don't practice the same way you do. Right. That makes a lot of sense.
I'm not even talking about "practice". I'm talking about whether or not someone even is a Christian. They aren't my "fellow Christians" unless they have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. Then, we are brothers and sisters in Christ.

It's not my definition. It's in the Bible:

John 3
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

I Peter 1
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Many Christians are Gentiles. There are also many Christians that are Jews. Most Jewish Christians are not aware of their being Jews, however, being descended from forced converts in the medieval times. You, Reba, could, in principle, be a Jew and not even be aware of it.
Each person is born either a Jew or a non-Jew. The Bible refers to non-Jews as "Gentiles." Therefore, the pool of potential Christians is either Jew or Gentile (non-Jew). No one is physically born a Christian from the womb.

When a person (Jew or Gentile) is spiritually and mentally mature enough to understand sin and repentance, THEN that person becomes a Christian, IF he/she accepts the salvation offered by Jesus.

All born-again Christians are brothers and sisters in Christ, regardless of whatever race, nationality, previous religious affiliation, birth place, parents' religion, etc.

If I have any Jewish ancestors, then Hallelujah! That would be neat. :P But it has nothing to do with my own personal relationship with God.

A Gentile does not have to be Christian anymore than a Jew needs to practice Judaism. The terms applies to people who would be considered members of the Tribe or people who are not considered members of the Tribe.
The three "Tribes" then are Jew, Christian, and Gentile (non-Christian, non-Jew).

Save it from what?
To be saved from eternal burning suffering and loneliness in Hell.

No, it's a negative view to believe that we are born evil.
Denying the existence of sin nature won't disappear it. Sticking your head in the sand won't make the sins go away.

The positive, good news is, that God has provided a way to overcome that nature.

Denial that we sin isn't a virtue and repentance is important, but it is nonetheless also true that it's silly to think that a person who is born is born sinful and that he or she does not start with a clean slate.
Anyone who has raised a baby knows that, sweet as they are, they are born with the nature of selfishness, self-centeredness, and other "negative" traits that don't need to be taught.

Please note that I said the sin "nature" (in-born tendancy); I didn't say that babies and toddlers are conciously, actively committing sins.

Yes, but that wasn't for another 25 years or so. The Protestants have had their fair share of times persecuting people, the Holocaust in particular. Even now, the Protestants of the KKK advocate racism, homophobia, anti-semitism, etc. "Born-again Christian" is a label that you claim for yourself to differentiate yourselves from the wicked among you, but that isn't a solution in itself.
Please don't confuse the term "Protestant" with "born-again Christian". Some Protestant people are born-again Christians, and some born-again Christians are members of Protestant churches, but not all Protestants are born again, and most born-again Christians are not members of mainline Protestant denominations.

You claim to be a better group of people...
I've never claimed that. All born-again Christians (including me) are sinners, not worthy of salvation, but saved from condemnation thru the grace of God.

but you don't take action against the wicked among you...
Actually, we do, and then we also get condemned by non-Christians for that action. We can't win!

My church practices church discipline against members who continue to sin without repentence. Uh, oh, that is judgmental!

So what do you want? When churches discipline their members for un-Christian behavior, they are called judgmental, and people bring suit against them.

When preachers preach strong against sin, then they are criticized as "legalistic" and judgmental.

But you also expect us to "take action against the wicked among you".

Which is it?

Your personal persecution of gay people (in the form of voting against gay civil rights) is an example of this.
I vote in every election, even primaries and run-offs, and there has never been anything on the ballot "against gay civil rights". Don't make stuff up.

You claim to be a better, "born-again" person...
For the umpteenth time, I have never claimed to be a "better" person than anyone else. I'm a SINNER saved by grace. OK?

...and yet by your actions it is apparent that you simply focus your persecution on a different group of people. You're no better than the "not born-again" Christians, though I won't deny that you would like to think that you are. But they'd say the same about you, that you've lost the faith, not understanding the meaning.

You've created a special, superior status for yourself within the Christian community in a vain attempt to differentiate yourself from those in your community that have different opinions. All that distinction indicates is that you seriously want attention and appreciation for your devotion. You're devoted out of dishonesty and out of vanity rather than out of sincere desire to connect with the Almighty.
Are we getting into another "sticks-and-stones" personal round? If so, I decline to join in.

Absolutely not. I don't assume someone is Christian, I acknowledge the fact that, demographically speaking, the vast majority of the European population at the time was Christian.
Do you mean they were born-again Christians, or do you mean they were members of the Catholic Church?

... The Senate still has a strong Christian majority in any case.
Christian or Gentile? Not all non-Jews are Christians.

That could be said about some Christians too. I would say that in some parts of the US, there is widespread wrong teaching on Christianity that generates people like the KKK who believe only in hate. Again, the fact that some people are taught incorrectly, only given half of the story, and not thoroughly knowledgable about their religion is not a basis for us to condemn the entire religion.

OK, so wouldn't that statement also apply for Muslims? If a person cannot follow the Qur'an (and, by virtue of the beliefs, also the Christian and Hebrew Scriptures) he or she is NOT a Muslim and is just hijacking the label for personal gain. If you're willing to say that a Christian who does not follow Jewish and Christian teachings is not a Christian, that goes for Muslims too.
The majority of born-again Christians follow the doctrines of Jesus Christ. The few weird sects and nutty individuals who claim the name of Christian are strongly condemned, publicly and from the pulpits of fundamental Bible churches. The Christian community looks upon them as crazies, criminals, and false teachers. We speak out against them, and remove them from our membership.

Can we say the same about Islamic terrorists? Do the majority of their religious leaders speak strongly and publically from their pulpits against terrorist groups and actions? Do the people in Muslim communities throughout the world refuse to support those groups? Do they turn them in? Do they kick them out of their mosques? Do they vote them out of office? Do their schools teach the children that terrorists are bad?

Hmmmm....

Reba said:
I'm not even talking about "practice". I'm talking about whether or not someone even is a Christian. They aren't my "fellow Christians" unless they have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. Then, we are brothers and sisters in Christ.

Ah, but what does it mean to be

Reba said:
Each person is born either a Jew or a non-Jew. The Bible refers to non-Jews as "Gentiles." Therefore, the pool of potential Christians is either Jew or Gentile (non-Jew). No one is physically born a Christian from the womb.

Of this I am well aware.

Reba said:
When a person (Jew or Gentile) is spiritually and mentally mature enough to understand sin and repentance, THEN that person becomes a Christian, IF he/she accepts the salvation offered by Jesus.

Indeed.

Reba said:
If I have any Jewish ancestors, then Hallelujah! That would be neat. :P But it has nothing to do with my own personal relationship with God.

I didn't say it mattered or even if it needed to. The point was that you entered the word gentile into the conversation at a point where it was irrelevant.

Reba said:
The three "Tribes" then are Jew, Christian, and Gentile (non-Christian, non-Jew).

The Jews are a people. There is also a religion associated with that people, Judaism, that not all members of that people practice. One does not need to practice Judaism to be a Jew, nor are all people who practice the religion themselves Jews (although certainly the vast majority are Jews or have expressed a desire to convert). Christianity is a religion that people can choose whether to accept or not accept. There is no people of Christianity in the sense that there is a people of Israel.

Reba said:
To be saved from eternal burning suffering and loneliness in Hell.

And what brings about that? Not being a Christian?

Reba said:
Denying the existence of sin nature won't disappear it. Sticking your head in the sand won't make the sins go away.

Sticking one's head in the sand? I reject the notion of original sin because it's most logical that if a person has not yet at all lived to do good or evil, he or she must logically start with a clean slate.

Reba said:
Anyone who has raised a baby knows that, sweet as they are, they are born with the nature of selfishness, self-centeredness, and other "negative" traits that don't need to be taught.

They are also born with a conscience. Some in the process of growing up kill it. Others listen to it.

Reba said:
But you also expect us to "take action against the wicked among you".

Which is it?

I expect you to, exactly as I said, take action against the wicked among you. The problem is that we have different definitions of what is evil.

Reba said:
I vote in every election, even primaries and run-offs, and there has never been anything on the ballot "against gay civil rights". Don't make stuff up.

You vote for candidates who espouse those views. That would logically be an endorsement of them.

Reba said:
For the umpteenth time, I have never claimed to be a "better" person than anyone else. I'm a SINNER saved by grace. OK?

And yet, you claim that born-again Christians are more in tune with God than non-Christians or those who are not born-again. Are you worse than them, the same or better? Make up your mind.

Reba said:
Are we getting into another "sticks-and-stones" personal round? If so, I decline to join in.

Not sticks and stones... But hypocrisy is so much easier than self-doubt and introspection, I suppose.

Reba said:
Do you mean they were born-again Christians, or do you mean they were members of the Catholic Church?

What identifies a "born-again" Christian demographically speaking? Is it something that we can verify easily?

Reba said:
Christian or Gentile? Not all non-Jews are Christians.

Christian.

Reba said:
Can we say the same about Islamic terrorists? Do the majority of their religious leaders speak strongly and publically from their pulpits against terrorist groups and actions? Do the people in Muslim communities throughout the world refuse to support those groups? Do they turn them in? Do they kick them out of their mosques? Do they vote them out of office? Do their schools teach the children that terrorists are bad?

Um, yeah, if you've been following the War in Iraq.

Teresh said:
I chose not to respond because you engage in quote mining.

I am so laughing so hard here because you did the exact same thing before to me with quote mining and you wanted proof, evidence and I showed you your own words. I gave you everything you needed to see your own words and the errors of your way and you simply be snobbish and can't say anything that is worth a honest answer. Duh !!!!!

You do know that when you speak fancy and try to write equolently you really do not know what the hell you are really talking about and I am pointing that out to you and everybody can see that too. The problem is that you can't see it yourself because you are so stuck up with self conceit where I am not self conceited and I just speak the plain hard hitting truth and also that even the jews will be able to see that I am telling the truth and the jews will see that you are not telling the truth at all !!!!! The jews will appreciate that I am telling the truth on the issue of Islam being a threat and you do not even have a clue what you are talking about.

Heath said:
I am so laughing so hard here because you did the exact same thing before to me with quote mining and you wanted proof, evidence and I showed you your own words.

...What? I don't quote-mine. I actually read and understand text before I cite from it.

Heath said:
I gave you everything you needed to see your own words and the errors of your way and you simply be snobbish and can't say anything that is worth a honest answer. Duh !!!!!

You never gave me my own words.

Heath said:
You do know that when you speak fancy and try to write equolently you really do not know what the hell you are really talking about and I am pointing that out to you and everybody can see that too.

"Everybody else" refers to people writing from a Christian Right perspective. The liberals on this forum generally agree with me.

Heath said:
The problem is that you can't see it yourself because you are so stuck up with self conceit where I am not self conceited and I just speak the plain hard hitting truth and also that even the jews will be able to see that I am telling the truth and the jews will see that you are not telling the truth at all !!!!! The jews will appreciate that I am telling the truth on the issue of Islam being a threat and you do not even have a clue what you are talking about.

Considering we've already established that you don't understand Judaism one whit, I don't think you would be the most qualified to speak for Jews as a people.

Jews are Jews, they're not Christians without Jesus as you seem to think they are.

Cloggy said:
Well, you bring up Michael Moore...
Think of this:
How fast can anyone be sued in USA for saying something that is a lie or for doing something wrong.... exactly... It's what makes health-insurance so expensive - amongst other things..

How often has Michael Moore been sued... exactly..

So..... it must be true.

I know it won't hold up in court, but it's good enough for me.

Actually, it can be difficult to win a libel or slander suit in the States even if the plaintiff is correct about the lie...I think part of this is a fear of suppressing even speech that is wrong in its facts. Equating that to medical malpractice suits, where often there is hard forensic evidence, doesn't make sense because those are two totally different parts of civil law.

You've again fallen into the trap of "correlation equals causation". Just because two events happened to occur together does not mean that one caused the other, and that is why I said each link must be proven beyond doubt.

Rose Immortal said:
Actually, it can be difficult to win a libel or slander suit in the States even if the plaintiff is correct about the lie...I think part of this is a fear of suppressing even speech that is wrong in its facts. Equating that to medical malpractice suits, where often there is hard forensic evidence, doesn't make sense because those are two totally different parts of civil law.

You've again fallen into the trap of "correlation equals causation". Just because two events happened to occur together does not mean that one caused the other, and that is why I said each link must be proven beyond doubt.
"each link must be proven beyond doubt.".... that's not the American way...

Teresh, All you are doing is being hypocritical and two-faced about it. Why don't you admit you are very wrong for once ?

Cloggy said:
"each link must be proven beyond doubt.".... that's not the American way...

That doesn't have anything to do with America--it has to do with proper debating logic.

Heath said:
Why don't you admit you are very wrong for once ?

Because that would require lying, an activity I refuse to engage in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back