Is Islam a Threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LuciaDisturbed said:
I have a friend/former college professor who is Muslim.

He is the most peaceful person I know.

So....STFU.
whats stfu? :confused:

there is one god and I will believe what I believe in... I won't believe what others says about it and if they believe different than me thats fine.. But I will Only believe what I believe in! PERIOD!

7220964.gif

Hi Teresh,

Here are a few verses from the Quran but please keep in mind most muslims do not act upon what the Quran says in a violent manner. Some muslims also see those violent verses in a historical context and do not act upon them.

It is the muslim terrorists that take things one step further then I have a problem with but I do not have a problem with muslims who live peaceful lives and try to live the more peaceful aspects of the Quran although they are much in need of being able to understand what Jesus Christ is all about and to desire and want Jesus Christ into their hearts, the same goes for the Jews with wanting to and understanding Jesus Christ.

Here are a few violent verses from the Quran

"....Kill those who join other gods with Allah wherever you find them; besiege them, seize them, lay in wait for them with every kind of ambush...."(Sura 9:5).

"When you encounter the unbelievers, strike off their heads, until ye have made a great slaughter among them...."(Sura 47:4).

"....Make war upon such of those to whom the Scriptures have been given as believe not in Allah, or in the Last Day, and who forbid not what Allah and His Apostle have forbidden....until they pay tribute..." (Sura 9:29).

"Say to the infidels: If they desist, what is now past shall be forgiven them; but if they return, they have already before them the doom of the ancients! Fight then against them till strife be at an end, and the religion be all of it Allah's." (Sura 8:39).

"Proclaim a grievious penalty to those who reject faith." (Sura 9:3).

If God helps you, None can overcome you, But if He forsakes you, who is there to help you after that? So in God then, Let the Believers put their trust [Quran 3:160]

And Slacken not in Following up on the Enemy: If you are suffering hardships, they are suffering similar hardships: But you have hope from God while they have none. God is full of Knowledge and Wisdom. [ Quran 4:104]

Fight those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loves not the transgressors. [Quran, 2:190]

And fight them on until there is no more tumult and oppression, and there prevail Justice and Faith in Allah. [Quran, 2:193]

Then contrast these with peaceful verses in the Quran

[Quran 7:28] They commit a gross sin, then say, "We found our parents doing this, and GOD has commanded us to do it." Say, "GOD never advocates sin. Are you saying about GOD what you do not know?"

[Quran 49:13]"O people, we created you from the same male and female, and rendered you distinct peoples and tribes, that you may recognize one another. The best among you in the sight of GOD is the most righteous. GOD is Omniscient, Cognizant. "

[Quran 5:87] ... and do not aggress; GOD dislikes the aggressors.

[Quran: 7:199] ......You shall resort to pardon, advocate tolerance, and disregard the ignorant.

[Quran 6:151] "...... You shall not kill - GOD has made life sacred - except in the course of justice. These are His commandments to you, that you may understand."

[Quran 8:61]"If they resort to peace, so shall you, and put your trust in GOD. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient."

[Quran 4:90]"...... Therefore, if they leave you alone, refrain from fighting you, and offer you peace, then GOD gives you no excuse to fight them."

So my answer is Shalom to you and Salam to you and God Bless you. You understand now ?

Last edited:
Reba said:
Christians don't spread belief in Jesus by killing off non-believers.

Oh, yes, the Crusades, the Inquisition and the Holocaust are great ways of demonstrating that policy. Right.

Reba said:
Christians are rewarded by God for souls that they save from Hell.

Meh. "Saving" people is meaningless if they're not a good person and pointless if they already are.

Reba said:
Muslims believe they are rewarded by Allah for souls that they send to Hell.

Nope... Murder is not acceptable in Islam any more than it is in any other major religion.

CyberRed said:
Is Allah your God ?

I'd say that my God is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Host of Hosts, the Most High, HaShem, Adonai, YHVH, the LORD, God, Allah, Elohim, and all of the other neat names people have come up with for God.

Allah is the same God that the Jews have always worshipped, albeit with different names... Therefore, your question begs a different one: Are you a monotheist?

Heath said:
You are the one in need of a shrink and not me. I also noticed you like to talk fancy but you don't really know what the hell you are talking about.

Odd, but every shrink I've ever seen has certified my mental health.

Heath said:
The talmud is not a valid holy book and you will just keep on being in denial.

No, it's not a holy book, it's a book of law. The point is that you seem to think you understand it and yet when you cite it it's very clear that you don't.

Heath said:
You still don't get it. Most muslims do live a peaceful life. The Quran itself is a very violent book and some muslims do act upon what it says in the Quran, however most muslims don't do that.

Again, like the Talmud, you haven't actually given the Qur'an any serious study with knowledgable people, so you're really not fit to judge that.

Heath said:
You sure have a sick mind. I love my country, USA. I am beginning to think you hate America yourself.

I believe in the American Dream and what America stands for. I don't oppose the Constitution or the American Dream as you do.

Heath said:
Yeah right ..... then why is there so much conflict ?

There isn't any "conflict". They ignore us. That's not conflict, that's them ignoring us.

Throwstones said:
My relatives who involved in the jewish community and part of Jewish Defense League told me that they are afraid of Muslims who can bring bomb anywhere and not trust the muslims... Keep away from them! You never know that muslim person can fool you out if he/she is very nice but being an obnxious!

Sorry, but there are those of us who actually aren't paranoid about everything.

Teresh, keep up with the fancy high snobbish intellectual, I am better than thou talk and you will lose friends really fast. You really don't know what you are talking about, really. You also live in an acamedic world and I live in the real world.

Heath said:
Teresh, keep up with the fancy high snobbish intellectual, I am better than thou talk and you will lose friends really fast. You really don't know what you are talking about, really. You also live in an acamedic world. I live in the real world.

I'm not looking to make friends with people like you who hate people like me anyway, so I have nothing to lose.

Considering your arguments are always composed of heresay and misunderstanding, you're not the sort of person that I would want to associate myself with anyway. One can rise up or fall down depending on the company one keeps and I thus prefer to surround myself with people who seek progress and growth rather than people who seek tyranny and destruction.

Teresh said:
I'm not looking to make friends with people like you who hate people like me anyway, so I have nothing to lose.

Considering your arguments are always composed of heresay and misunderstanding, you're not the sort of person that I would want to associate myself with anyway. One can rise up or fall down depending on the company one keeps and I thus prefer to surround myself with people who seek progress and growth rather than people who seek tyranny and destruction.

You really are the opposite of what you think I am due to your imagination running wild. You will see I work for very conservative values, work hard for America and do what is right unlike you, Teresh who wants to allow the US borders to be flooded with illegal aliens, you want to encourage more people to catch AIDS, you want people to ignore what God really has to say on a wide range of issues of the day and you support the killing of babies via abortion yet you say you will not kill your own baby, how very hypocritical and two faced of you and you support Anti-Americanism You want more people to stay addicted to drugs through different programs that really don't work. You want to keep dumbing down the education of America and many things the list goes on and on. You hate Christianity. You will not listen to another people and put people down even though they respect or disrespect you. You want to destroy the place of the woman in a traditional strong and a very unified family. You have a need to be better than everybody at all costs, even towards yourself and why do you also have a real need to be with a group in order to be accepted and have some validation of yourself unlike me who stands all alone, very strong through peace and weathering adversary from anothers and I do not follow the crowd or let anothers do my thinking for me at all which you readily do let anothers think for you and you always want to think that you really know what you are talking about when you really don't know what you really are talking about. The real question here is:

Do you, Teresh hate yourself ?

LuciaDisturbed said:

That icon reminds me of a song by Holly Near...

I ain't afraid of your Yahweh
I ain't afraid of your Allah
I ain't afraid of your Jesus
I'm afraid of what you do in the name of your God

I ain't afraid of your churches
I ain't afraid of your temples
I ain't afraid of your praying

verse
Rise up to your higher power
Free up from fear, it will devour you
Watch out for the ego of the hour
The ones who say they know it
Are the ones who will impose it on you

verse
Rise up, and see /find/ know/ hear a higher story
Free up from the gods of war and glory
Watch out for the threats of purgatory
The spirit of the wind won’t make a killing off of sin and satan

I ain't afraid of your Bible
I ain't afraid of your Torah
I ain't afraid of your Koran
Dont let the letter of the law
Obsure the spirit of the your love--it's killing us

Money
Culture
Choices
I’m afraid of what you do in the name of your God

Sunday
Spirt
Teachers

Sabbath
Borders
Dances
I’m afraid of what you do in the name of your God double

Children
Music
Stories

Free up
Free up
Let's try to be highly evolved
I aint afraid

Heath said:
Teresh, keep up with the fancy high snobbish intellectual, I am better than thou talk and you will lose friends really fast. You really don't know what you are talking about, really. You also live in an acamedic world and I live in the real world.

You need to stop making that ridiculous statement. Intellectuals are the ones that revolutionized the world - the concept of democracy, the concept of human rights, the concept of humanism, the concept of science, the concept of science, the concept of computing... it goes on. Without intellect, none of that would happen.

Teresh makes her points clearly and she explains clearly why you got the information wrong. She cites sources based on observations, experiences, and facts. Unlike you, she speaks from her personal/religious Jewish experience - something that YOU have none.

You rely on pseudo-science and misinformation from looney websites that have no proof but their own delusions. The information you gave is so unreliable, I cannot trust you as a source of reliable information.

I was a practicing Christian. My father was a minister who denied evolution as a fact. I know from my experience that Christian fundamentalism is intellectually bankrupt. You simply cannot enrich your own intellect if you're constrained to think in "Christian" ways. It just doesn't work.

Heath said:
You will see I work for very conservative values, work hard for America and do what is right

Your actions and statements have generally indicated otherwise...

Heath said:
unlike you, Teresh who wants to allow the US borders to be flooded with illegal aliens,

I never said that. You're making that up on your own.

Heath said:
you want to encourage more people to catch AIDS,

I support the freedom of people to do what they want with their bodies. As far as AIDS goes, I don't encourage people to get AIDS. If they want to, that's their choice. It's a bad choice, but that's their freedom. It's not something I encourage people to go out and get, though. Again, you're making stuff up.

Heath said:
you want people to ignore what God really has to say on a wide range of issues of the day and you support the killing of babies via abortion yet you say you will not kill your own baby,

Again, I support freedom. A fetus is a fetus, not a baby. I will say, however, that I am against late-term abortions and always have been. In the first few months, no rational person could argue that a little cluster of cells is a human person, but towards the end of the pregnancy, yeah, you can make that argument.

Heath said:
how very hypocritical and two faced of you and you support Anti-Americanism

I am a real patriot of this nation. I believe in freedom, a concept you cannot understand.

Heath said:
You want more people to stay addicted to drugs through different programs that really don't work.

You're making stuff up. I don't want that any more than you do.

Heath said:
You want to keep dumbing down the education of America and many things the list goes on and on.

"Dumbing down"? I suppose that's why I believe we should be spending more money on education and less on the war?

Heath said:
You hate Christianity.

Nope, though you'd like to believe that, I'm sure.

Heath said:
You will not listen to another people and put people down even though they respect or disrespect you.

Rose Immortal has been respectful to me, and thus she gets it in kind from me. You and several others on this forum have not been respectful to me and therefore have not received my respect.

Heath said:
You want to destroy the place of the woman in a traditional strong and a very unified family.

Again, I believe in freedom for all, regardless of sex.

Heath said:
You have a need to be better than everybody at all costs and why do you also have a real need to be with a group in order to be accepted and have some validation of yourself unlike me who stands all alone, very strong through peace and weathering adversary from anothers and I do not follow the crowd or let anothers do my thinking for me at all which you readily do let anothers think for you and you always want to think that you really know what you are talking about when you really don't know what you are talking about.

I would say the same about you. My thoughts are my own, my opinions are my own. I've been presented with a lot of different ideas from different sources. I can choose either to agree or disagree and develop my own opinion. I understand the concept of both. I nonetehless also extend that right to others, I don't expect or require them to hold my opinions to gain my respect, a concept you cannot fathom.

Heath said:
Do you, Teresh hate yourself ?

Nope. I love myself, if you haven't noticed my gigantic level of arrogance and my tremendous sense of ego from the way I post.

This is really OT, so let's cease the bickering and get back on-topic, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back