Is Islam a Threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

netrox

Reaction score
One of my main concerns about the perception is that Islam means "peace" when in reality, Koran does not support that. Koran commands that Muslims kill the infidels and non-Muslims. Koran clearly encourages it and keeps degrading non Muslims.

Are we that naive to think that Islam means "religion of peace" when in reality, it's a religion of violence?

People may point out that Christians have done atrocities and that is true but the New Testament never advocate such a thing and Jesus forbid that.

That cannot be said for Islam - Prophet Mohammad ENCOURAGES violence.

Additionally, should Islam be protected by the freedom of speech or religion guaranteed by the First Amendment? Would you support an organization that actively encourages violence? The freedom of speech/religion ends if a religion or speech specifically looks out to destroy that freedom.

You simply cannot have freedom if you hate freedom.

netrox said:
One of my main concerns about the perception is that Islam means "peace" when in reality, Koran does not support that. Koran commands that Muslims kill the infidels and non-Muslims. Koran clearly encourages it and keeps degrading non Muslims.

Have you actually read the Qur'an? The book does not encourage violence.

netrox said:
Are we that naive to think that Islam means "religion of peace" when in reality, it's a religion of violence?

It's not naive to acknowledge something that is true.

netrox said:
People may point out that Christians have done atrocities and that is true but the New Testament never advocate such a thing and Jesus forbid that.

Christianity holds the belief that it is superior to other religions, just like Islam. The atrocities committed by Christians in their history are the result of the fact that they think that other people should follow their religion and that if people refuse to, they should die. Islam is no different from Christianity in this regard.

netrox said:
Additionally, should Islam be protected by the freedom of speech or religion guaranteed by the First Amendment?

Of course, for the reasons stated above.

It seems to depend on the form of Islam and the individual person, from my observation. From what I've seen posted of the Quran on various forums--I have never read a translation in its entirety--the Quran seems to contradict itself to a degree I have not seen in the Old or New Testaments. A person can selectively read it to choose either a pacifistic way OR a violent way, and different sects seem to choose differently...Sufism vs. Wahhabism, for instance.

As for the freedom of speech, I do believe we have laws that prohibit inciting violence or treason. If someone crosses the line into that, then the laws are there to handle it. I don't think banning an entire religion in ALL of its varieties is the answer.

Teresh, you are out of your mind !!!!!! The Quran does encourage violence. I have studied the Quran for myself after 9/11/01 in order to know my enemy much better. Some day we may be fighting terrorists in our own streets and we will get a whole alots of experience in fighting soon.

http://www.saveourguns.com/poster-freedom070.htm

You should know better that those very bad boys don't play games and they are really very evil. Most innocent muslims have nothing to do with terrorism and they do not act upon what the Quran says and they live in a one state religious nation and live peaceful lives. The problem lays with those who take the Quran one step further. I can tell you the Quran is a very violent book !!!!! What world are you living in Teresh ????? :roll:

Heath said:
Teresh, you are out of your mind !!!!!! The Quran does encourage violence. I have studied the Quran for myself after 9/11/01 in order to know my enemy much better. Some day we may be fighting terrorists in our own streets and we will get a whole alots of experience in fighting soon.

You should know better that those very bad boys don't play games and they are really very evil. Most innocent muslims have nothing to do with terrorism and they do not act upon what the Quran says and they live in a one state religious nation and live peaceful lives. The problem lays with those who take the Quran one step further. I can tell you the Quran is a very violent book !!!!! What world are you living in Teresh ????? :roll:

The bible does encourage violence too.

So there.

LuciaDisturbed said:
The bible does encourage violence too.

So there.

Not to the level that the Quran does.

Heath said:

I second to Heath!!!!!!! Quran lies to Muslim people that they can hate Christian, America and Jews but the Bible says we loves Jews, America and Christian. That means Quran is very evil teaching people to hate us! Yes Definely Quran is involving in the Koran book too...violent!!!!! Jews will not social with muslims because they are afraid of them to bring bomb to anywhere!

I have a friend/former college professor who is Muslim.

He is the most peaceful person I know.

So....STFU.

The Quaran, like the bible is interpreted by people all the time. If you want to find something that condones an action, you'll find it.

But it's not the religion that is to be feared. it's the small number of fanatics that at some time have the power and tell people how to think.
This happened with Christianity several times, as with Islam

The only way to stop religions from being a source of terror is to make sure that the religion is completely separated from politics.

In that respect... USA is on the wrong road.. polarizing into a christian society!

Heath said:

Can you explain what's the difference in between Quran and Koran ?

LuciaDisturbed said:

So....STFU.

You did not read what I said.

CyberRed said:
Can you explain what's the difference in between Quran and Koran ?

They are one and the same. Just interchangable words.

Heath said:
Teresh, you are out of your mind !!!!!! The Quran does encourage violence. I have studied the Quran for myself after 9/11/01 in order to know my enemy much better.

Considering you haven't even given YOUR OWN holy book serious study, I'd be inclined to believe you haven't giventhe Qur'an serious study either.

...And considering you claim to have studied Talmud too when it's obvious you haven't from the way you talk about it, I'm inclined you consider lying for the sake of faith to be acceptable.

Heath said:
Some day we may be fighting terrorists in our own streets and we will get a whole alots of experience in fighting soon.

Uh huh. Sure. Right. I imagine you'll be among their ranks, too.

Heath said:

There are Muslim terrorists just like there are Christian terrorists. What's your point?

Heath said:
Most innocent muslims have nothing to do with terrorism and they do not act upon what the Quran says and they live in a one state religious nation and live peaceful lives.

You have an errant "do not" in that sentence. If they act upon what the Qur'an says, THAT leads to a peaceful Muslim society, not the other way around.

Heath said:
The problem lays with those who take the Quran one step further. I can tell you the Quran is a very violent book !!!!! What world are you living in Teresh ????? :roll:

I'm living in the real world. It's nice here, even if its cloudy out today.

Throwstones said:
Quran lies to Muslim people that they can hate Christian, America and Jews but the Bible says we loves Jews, America and Christian.

America isn't mentioned in the Bible or in the Qur'an. That said, Christian teaching was traditionally (although it isn't anymore, at least not as much) to hate both Jews and Muslims.

Throwstones said:
Jews will not social with muslims because they are afraid of them to bring bomb to anywhere!

Um... Hillel at RIT has made numerous attempts to coordinate events with the Muslim Student Association, though the MSA has generally not responded to invitations from Hillel. We're not afraid of Muslims... Judaism and Islam have more in common with each other than either does with Christianity. I wouldn't be the only person in the world that would say that Islam is just Judaism modified for the Arabian culture.

Oh please !!!! Teresh you are running your head wild with imagination. I have studied all the holy books with a very serious degree of study probably more than you have. Most muslims live peaceful lives and the problem is the Quran is a violent book. I have no problems with innocent muslims and I do have a problem with the terrorist muslims. You insult me by saying I will join their ranks and that will never happen in a million years. I am a Christian to the core and will live and die, hopefully die in old age a Christian. You might want to look at why and how you handle yourselves that turn off the muslims and I would not be surprised if I was at NTID and there will still be agruement between the Hillel and the MSA because Hillel does not know how to show respect to the MSA and Hillel goes out of control and spouts all kinds of false accusations while the MSA are silent and won't be messed with and you will label them MSA as a terrorist organization when they are really there to study and make their parents proud and live the American dream just like you and me and anybody. You will just end up making this harder than it is already. FYI when I am at NTID You will see that I am smart enough to stay out of the conflict between Hillel and MSA meanwhile I focus on my future job and living a hard working honest life.

Heath said:
Teresh you are running your head wild with imagination.

Sadly, no. You need a shrink, Heath.

Heath said:
I have studied all the holy books with a very serious degree of study probably more than you have.

I seriously doubt that because your quotes from the Talmud a few weeks ago were utter nonsense.

Heath said:
Most muslims live peaceful lives and the problem is the Quran is a violent book.

That's just something you like to tell yourself. Some of us, however, know better.

Heath said:
You insult me by saying I will join their ranks and that will never happen in a million years. I am a Christian to the core and will live and die, hopefully die in old age a Christian.

A Christian maybe, but you do have one thing in common with Muslim terrorists that would give you a reason to cooperate with them: You hate America and the values America stands for.

Heath said:
You might want to look at why and how you handle yourselves that turn off the muslims and I would not be surprised if I was at NTID and there will still be agruement between the Hillel and the MSA because Hillel does not know how to show respect to the MSA and Hillel goes out of control and spouts all kinds of false accusations while the MSA are silent and won't be messed with and you will label them MSA as a terrorist organization when they are really there to study and make their parents proud and live the American dream just like you and me and anybody.

I'm a member of Hillel. I can assure you that we never have done anything like that, nor will we. Jews aren't like the way you seem to think they are.

Heath said:
FYI when I am at NTID You will see that I am smart enough to stay out of the conflict between Hillel and MSA meanwhile I focus on my future job and living a hard working honest life.

There is no "conflict" between Hillel and the MSA.

LuciaDisturbed said:

So....STFU.

Lucia, since I am in a hurry, here's my most concise way of responding to your above post.:

NOT ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS BUT, APPARENTLY, ALL TERRORISTS (9/11 and other recent years' acts of terrorism) ARE MUSLIMS.

Teresh said:
America isn't mentioned in the Bible or in the Qur'an. That said, Christian teaching was traditionally (although it isn't anymore, at least not as much) to hate both Jews and Muslims.

Yes, there is. America is mentioned in the Bible and it is in Daniel. " The Eagle " is America's symbol.

Cloggy said:
The Quaran, like the bible is interpreted by people all the time. If you want to find something that condones an action, you'll find it.

And that's a common problem you get when people don't consider verses in context of the entire work. I don't know enough about the Quran to know what the central, most important theme of the thing is, but I know at least with the Bible that when things are put into context and carefully analyzed, you're less likely to have an improper reaction come from it.

CyberRed said:
Yes, there is. America is mentioned in the Bible and it is in Daniel. " The Eagle " is America's symbol.

I have to give you credit. I laughed pretty hard at that.

Still, what that tells me is that you really don't understand your holy book very well.

Teresh said:
Um... Hillel at RIT has made numerous attempts to coordinate events with the Muslim Student Association, though the MSA has generally not responded to invitations from Hillel. We're not afraid of Muslims... Judaism and Islam have more in common with each other than either does with Christianity. I wouldn't be the only person in the world that would say that Islam is just Judaism modified for the Arabian culture.

Sorry to go off-topic for a second, but I find your last statement interesting here.

I've heard some people claim that Islam is a "Christian heresy" because it does acknowledge Jesus as a prophet and teacher--yet I don't find the ideological similarity. Just how close would you say the similarity between Judaism and Islam runs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back