iPhone/iPod Touch with Closed Caption

Well Pacman and PowerON.....I downloaded the U.S version of the iTunes..... guess what? I got them, I have the movie list, YAY!

Well Pacman and PowerON.....I downloaded the U.S version of the iTunes..... guess what? I got them, I have the movie list, YAY!

fancy. I'm glad you can get US verison movies. Does it show CC? :)

fancy. I'm glad you can get US verison movies. Does it show CC? :)

Paypal is the tricky part for me at the moment, and I haven't bought any movies with CC, but I checked out one of the movies from the CC list, and there is some of CC's. :)

I will see and post later maybe one to two weeks. Let you all know if my new iPhone with AT&T TAP plan or not. I don't care if they say TAP supported iPhone does not exist or rumor.

Update: I'm told that iPhone TAP plans, when and if they exist, will only be offered to deaf customers. Customers will be sent certification paperwork, which they fill out and return to the call center. Once received and approved, either a plan rate change is applied to their current plan or the call center can help the customer set up a new activation. Paperwork (when this goes live) can be submitted via TTY, email, fax and postal mail.

Where's link about find paperwork to fill out?

ARM seems smell like PPC.

I supposed to know there is no such to find. Live on that means something to call through TTY or email to process through paperwork... I guess so...

yea ARM smells PPC your remark is true.

I supposed to know there is no such to find. Live on that means something to call through TTY or email to process through paperwork... I guess so...

yea ARM smells PPC your remark is true.

I checked on AT&T website.

Text Accessibility Plan (TAP)
AT&T is pleased to announce a new Text Accessibility Plan (TAP). TAP was developed for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability and/or hearing loss, and was designed with input from the community.

The $29.99 per month Text Accessibility Plan (TAP) includes:

5,000 text messages
Unlimited Internet usage
$.40 pay per use voice
Need more messages? Add unlimited mobile to mobile messaging for an additional $5.00 per month.

With a two-year commitment, AT&T also offers the Nokia E62 model at $199.00. Handset availability and pricing is subject to change. The TAP plan and the TAP plan with unlimited mobile to mobile is compatible with all devices except Blackberry's and the iPhone.
To learn more about TAP, contact AT&T at NCCDSupport@cingular.com or call our National Center for Customers with Disabilities at:
1-866-241-6567 (TTY)
1-866-691-7265 (alternate TTY)
1-866-241-6568 (Voice)
Hearing Aid Compatibility and wireless phones | AT&T wireless services

They said except iPhone? It seems like not included?

Does use IM on Safari, such as AIM would charge as SMS?

Yes you are corrected that iPhone is not in list. But has to process through paperwork with AT&T. I m not feeling like to buy iPhone yet. I got new Nikon D40x most expensive I love it. AT&T is cow pie!

It not AT&T fault for not including iPhone to the TAP plan.

It's up to the Apple to decide if they want to allow iPhone on the TAP plan or not. AT&T only provides wireless network to Apple and Apple decides the pricing struction and voice/data plans layouts for iPhone.

So complain to Apple about adding iPhone to TAP plan, not AT&T

If it running on Safari that mean, it eat thru data plan.

Oh, that's not bad when data is unlimited, still better than SMS.

I found that few ADers said IM can charge as SMS but I don't think that Safari would like that.

Yes you are corrected that iPhone is not in list. But has to process through paperwork with AT&T. I m not feeling like to buy iPhone yet. I got new Nikon D40x most expensive I love it. AT&T is cow pie!

Yup, I'm start feel like not want one until later, Intel wouldn't chipped in iPhone until 2009 and 3G until this year.

Oh, that's not bad when data is unlimited, still better than SMS.

I found that few ADers said IM can charge as SMS but I don't think that Safari would like that.

well, you can use IM when login thry text-message as AIM, and yes, it would charge as SMS. I had experience when I was on Nokia with unlimited SMS, it was incredible.

ooooh, I just find out that someone create program for iPhone that allow do as modem via wi-fi from iPhone to laptop. And also, there is actual program that do AIM instead web.

iphone modem

AIM app

It won't work on 1.1.3 but must be 1.1.1 or below to get work with jailbreakme, it's firmware version.

I rather to wait until SDK has release on iPhone to enable on third party apps, don't want any risky to screw my phone up.

Third Party Applications on the iPhone

from Apple Hot News, Oct 17, 2007:

Let me just say it: We want native third party applications on the iPhone, and we plan to have an SDK in developers' hands in February. We are excited about creating a vibrant third party developer community around the iPhone and enabling hundreds of new applications for our users. With our revolutionary multi-touch interface, powerful hardware and advanced software architecture, we believe we have created the best mobile platform ever for developers.

It will take until February to release an SDK because we're trying to do two diametrically opposed things at once — provide an advanced and open platform to developers while at the same time protect iPhone users from viruses, malware, privacy attacks, etc. This is no easy task. Some claim that viruses and malware are not a problem on mobile phones — this is simply not true. There have been serious viruses on other mobile phones already, including some that silently spread from phone to phone over the cell network. As our phones become more powerful, these malicious programs will become more dangerous. And since the iPhone is the most advanced phone ever, it will be a highly visible target.

Some companies are already taking action. Nokia, for example, is not allowing any applications to be loaded onto some of their newest phones unless they have a digital signature that can be traced back to a known developer. While this makes such a phone less than "totally open," we believe it is a step in the right direction. We are working on an advanced system which will offer developers broad access to natively program the iPhone's amazing software platform while at the same time protecting users from malicious programs.

We think a few months of patience now will be rewarded by many years of great third party applications running on safe and reliable iPhones.

Steve

P.S.: The SDK will also allow developers to create applications for iPod touch.

iPhone Dev Center - Apple Developer Connection

It would come out this month and can't wait to get IM app alone instead of usage via Safari, use IM via Safari is so unstable on network connection, always keep disconnect and sign in again and again.

It won't work on 1.1.3 but must be 1.1.1 or below to get work with jailbreakme, it's firmware version.

I rather to wait until SDK has release on iPhone to enable on third party apps, don't want any risky to screw my phone up.

eh? are you saying that aim app isn't work on your iPhone?

And what about Mundu IM?

eh? are you saying that aim app isn't work on your iPhone?

And what about Mundu IM?

Yup, it doesn't work without jailbreakme, AIM app require jailbreakme to install it but recent firmware version, 1.1.3 and 1.1.2 aren't work with jailbreakme anymore.

I tried Mundu IM and got server error message.

I'm using meebo right now.

Back