Indiana religious objections bill signed for stores owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
dangerous use religious liberty it positively evil to

I'm strictly talking about USA, not Iraq, Iran or Egypt.

Islam isn't dominant religion in USA and I don't blame on atheists for treatment of Christians so they are mistreated by Christians, anyway.

WBC are far worst on how they treat toward homo while all other Christian, are mostly misunderstood or CHOICE to ignore.

maybe its time.christians.use the same tactics? Target a gay bussiness owner not bothering anyone and trap him in refusing to make a.hideos anti gay cAke..
Ruin.his livilhood
karma,
It comes.round

Lol.

Use your common sense. Your argument about rights to make cake whatever for hate groups or religious groups

You forget people will spit in your cake or do stuff to it. (Shrudders) thats the real karma

Religious is very dangerous topic, I thought it was illegal to discuss about politics and religious here. What happened to the enforcement here?

A couple of points:

1. If this law is meant to protect religious beliefs only, then it will not protect Jewish bakers who get cake requests from Nazis, or homosexual photographers who get requests for services from WBC. (I'm not saying whether or not it's right or wrong; I'm just saying whether or not it's covered by the new law.) Nazis and WBC may be offensive but they aren't part of any religion's doctrinal prohibition.

An exception might be if the Nazi's cake request included wording on it such as, "Kill all the Jews" or if the WBC request was to photograph their members screaming, "Kill all fags." Then, the refusal of service would be because of the specific service request, NOT because of who was making the request.

2. In the previous cited cases of refusing service to customers, they weren't based on the business refusing to serve the customer as an individual but refusing to perform a specific service. Here's the difference:

Suppose a gay couple requests the baker to make a birthday cake for one of them. The baker says yes, because it's a birthday cake. The baker's religion has no doctrine against gay people celebrating birthdays. If the baker said no in this case, that would be discrimination against the customer, and the baker would NOT be protected by the new law.

Suppose that a customer ordered a ham and cheese sandwich at a Kosher Jewish deli. The deli owner could refuse to serve that food legally because the deli doesn't provide that service to anyone. That means, no customer, Gentile or Jew, will be served a ham and cheese sandwich. There's nothing discriminatory about that.

However, if a Jewish customer ordered a menu item at an Aryan-run restaurant, and was refused service because he was a Jew, then that would be discrimination because he was refused service simply because he was Jewish, not because of what he requested.

Lol.

Use your common sense. Your argument about rights to make cake whatever for hate groups or religious groups

You forget people will spit in your cake or do stuff to it. (Shrudders) thats the real karma

I had friend who told me about a guy that owned a restaurant and he was very rude to one of his employee who was an Asian man. The owner started to feel bad about this and told his employee "He was sorry" and the guy said
"OK I will no longer pee in your soup" . This is not a joke this really happen a long time ago. The restaurant is no longer open not to worry .

WBC are far worst on how they treat toward homo while all other Christian, are mostly misunderstood or CHOICE to ignore.

Most anti-gay bulliers aren't associate with WBC and they are smallest group.

Lol.

if one can force someone against their religion, to do something
What stops those opposed.to gay rights doing.the same thing against you?

I want to know..

Aransas just pased a similer bill...

Really, I don't care for this law. Not because of whose side I am on. I rather knowing which business is really against me so I don't deal with them. That is where I see advantage in it. Why doing business with somebody that don't agree with you? Think about it, its better having them let me know so that I stay far away from them than forcing them doing business which would eventually have unintended consequences like having them pissing in my food if I force them doing business with me against their belief, just saying.

And the most powerful influence is the word of mouth, if they hate me just because of who I am, I spread word around and it would ultimate hurt their bottom line and I don't give a damn about it, and law as well.

I rather knowing who is against me rather than blindly having them up in my ass. So, ask you why would you want doing business with somebody that hates you so much?

I already corrected you Jiro.

The 1st Amendment gives every American the right to freely exercise their religion. (And the U.S. Government does not recognize "The Spaghetti Monster" et. al. as an actual religious belief)

Why would anyone feel the need to use government force to impede anyone's freedom? Wouldn't that be this so called "religious persecution" you were speaking of in an earlier post?

You know .... impeding a private business owner's right to exercise their religion? That is religious persecution. Would you force a Hindu Restaurant to serve beef? Why the heck would you do that?

huh? the government impeding anyone's freedom? religious persecution?

FYI - President Bill Clinton signed a federal law called "Religious Freedom Restoration Act" in 1993.

so why the need to pass this law? because since the language was broad and vague.. it gives a wider latitude for business establishes to discriminate. you disagree? well then why did this Indiana law had to be sent back to be reworked and reworded? it is very clear that this Indiana law is flawed and misguided.

why the emphasis by Governor Pence that this new law does not permit discrimination of any kind?

help me understand...

huh? the government impeding anyone's freedom? religious persecution?

FYI - President Bill Clinton signed a federal law called "Religious Freedom Restoration Act" in 1993.

so why the need to pass this law? because since the language was broad and vague.. it gives a wider latitude for business establishes to discriminate. you disagree? well then why did this Indiana law had to be sent back to be reworked and reworded? it is very clear that this Indiana law is flawed and misguided.

why the emphasis by Governor Pence that this new law does not permit discrimination of any kind?

help me understand...

What exactly is there to misunderstand? You cannot impede any American's right to exercise their religion freely.

It is a Constitutional right.

What exactly is there to misunderstand? You cannot impede any American's right to exercise their religion freely.

It is a Constitutional right.

it appears that you're still misunderstanding something... the government wasn't impeding business owners' right to exercise their religion freely...

do you understand Governor Pence's clarification -

(CNN)Gov. Mike Pence pledged Tuesday to "fix" Indiana's controversial religious freedom law to clarify that it does not allow discrimination against gays and lesbians.

do you understand that it would be illegal for a business owner to refuse to provide a service to a gay customer based on his sexual orientation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back