Indiana religious objections bill signed for stores owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
i watch to many documentary programmes and accept them as all truth..it was something on tv month or so back...plus my American brother spent so much of his American life in American prisons cuffed up to American cops i thought he up on his American law bc god knows he needs to

i watch to many documentary programmes and accept them as all truth..it was something on tv month or so back...plus my American brother spent so much of his American life in American prisons cuffed up to American cops i thought he up on his American law bc god knows he needs to

Maybe I can clearify better. Maybe you thinking of some crimes that FBI took over from police? There are alot of stuff police handle from day to day crimes but when FBI have take over it usually big crime thing Generally. Or federal level crimes.

if bussiness owner can be forced by the gov. To make a cake for a gay wedding he has religious issues with, can a jew.be forced.to mske.a cake for a neonazi weeding?
How about a black bussiness owner and a kkk cake?
What is the plm with letting people who own their bussiness.choose.whom the hell they do bussiness wiith..
I support gay right, but this law is a good one..
Or can an anti gay couple, force a gay owner to host their anti gay weeding Party?
So on so forth..

may I ask what was your brother in jail for?

the point is... you are misusing and misapplying the First Amendment. Freedom of Speech is not the same as Freedom of Religion.

ever heard of discrimination law? simple - follow the law.

or perhaps... those religious business owner should hang up a cross or Jesus Christ poster on their door/wall to show their Christian belief?

oh you mean like this?

11081129_10102478702192900_4919367267514315399_n.jpg

Someone needs to learn what the 1st Amendment is ....

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

The image you posted has nothing to do with Indiana's Religious Objection Law, nor does it have anything to do with the 1st Amendment. My guess is that you only added it to misdirect and mislead as well as to incite and enrage people already confused with the Indiana State Law.

if bussiness owner can be forced by the gov. To make a cake for a gay wedding he has religious issues with, can a jew.be forced.to mske.a cake for a neonazi weeding?
What is the plm with letting people who own their bussiness.choose.whom the hell they do bussiness wiith..
Or can an anti gay couple, force a gay owner to host their anti gay weeding Party?
So on so forth..

um.... neonazis would vandalize and burn down the jewish bakery... same for KKK and black business owner's bakery.

So on so forth..

The nazis will not give business to a Jewish owned place.

The KKK will not give business to an African American owned place.

Both groups would not touch or eat cake prepared by another group. And theyre not part of religion anyways.

Its a hard place to be in as a businesses owner who has deep faith in their religion. But it does not give them the right to impose their religion onto the public. If you want to run a business good for you follow the goverment regulations but if you want to be religious business then do not serve the public. Close the doors and be appointment only.

Both groups would not touch or eat cake prepared by another group. And theyre not part of religion anyways.

Its a hard place to be in as a businesses owner who has deep faith in their religion. But it does not give them the right to impose their religion onto the public. If you want to run a business good for you follow the goverment regulations but if you want to be religious business then do not serve the public. Close the doors and be appointment only.

or they could be more public about their belief.... like putting up a cross and hope customers will get the "hint"

Someone needs to learn what the 1st Amendment is ....

The image you posted has nothing to do with Indiana's Religious Objection Law, nor does it have anything to do with the 1st Amendment. My guess is that you only added it to misdirect and mislead as well as to incite and enrage people already confused with the Indiana State Law.

correct me if I'm wrong.... you're supporting any business owner to refuse a service to any homosexual customer without any legal recourse?

correct me if I'm wrong.... you're supporting any business owner to refuse a service to any homosexual customer without any legal recourse?

I already corrected you Jiro.

The 1st Amendment gives every American the right to freely exercise their religion. (And the U.S. Government does not recognize "The Spaghetti Monster" et. al. as an actual religious belief)

Why would anyone feel the need to use government force to impede anyone's freedom? Wouldn't that be this so called "religious persecution" you were speaking of in an earlier post?

You know .... impeding a private business owner's right to exercise their religion? That is religious persecution. Would you force a Hindu Restaurant to serve beef? Why the heck would you do that?

um.... neonazis would vandalize and burn down the jewish bakery... same for KKK and black business owner's bakery.

Not if they wanted to use the law to make a point, and get more entertainment out of having a jew forced against his will to make the nazi cake. same goes with the kkk or any hate group,
my question to you wasnt about what the nazi woukd do, its about the goveenment forcing people against their will to do bussiness with those which due to religious conviction are opposed to.
So
If a christianis is forced against her will to bake a cake for an event that is contrary to.her religious ideals...can a gay baker be forced to bake an anti gay.celibration cake? Can a jewbe forced to make a nazi birthday cake?
Can they jiro?

In fact, First Amendment only protect you from government, not private parties.

Unfortunately, many LGBT people were bullied and threatened by Christians so they take revenge on them now.

Overall, you make it sound it's always Christians are to be blame. Not true, other religious (such as Islam, etc) does. There are always good and bad cop out there. Even include atheist.

Your missing the point. In order to force the jew to do something he finds repulsive both groups i think knowing they would be able to use the government to destroy the jews livliihood would use such a tactic.
The cake is besides the point. Its about forcing.people to do things against their religion. and a smart ass neonazi would sure see.a law that forced people to do things against there religion as a way to make one less jeW in business. afterall attacking your enemies.very livelihood is a great way to hurt those you disagree with...and really isnt this forcing christians to comply, to submit...is just that..
Dont fool.yourselfs. nazi.have had
jewish laywers, (google is yoir friend), defend them in court, nazi will give jews all kinda bussiness if it furthers theie goals. ive even known one with . Jew girlfriend he pimped out. To all any one who would want to bang her, as he took huge peide knowing she was a jew...and.being used as such..
whats the deal here really?
Frankly. As a non christian and a suporter of gay rights, im finding the continied agression against christians as very dangerous to said rights.
People should.be left alone. If christians do not want to bake a cake for gays. Thats fine. Forcing them by government dictat or by threats of force, only in the end degrades.the very rights gays have faught hard to gain.
So if i was an asshole, (i am) and wanted to force a gay how about a gay jew baker to make a.big huge adolf hitler cake, for me and other assholes. Im not a nazi, . Just dont give a **** and .just because,.i can, for my entertainment to see people forced as puppets to make it for me.
Can i?
There is allot of people like me oit there hell, can make some money through tbis too..so
Can i?

In fact, First Amendment only protect you from government, not private parties.

Unfortunately, many LGBT people were bullied and threatened by Christians so they take revenge on them now.

Foxrac nails it on the head.
This is about.revenge..
fine.. but considering gays are a minority co.psred.to.christians. i think its rather short sighted to seek continied revenge against a majority population, who granted at this moment has not decided to react in kind.
Those seeking revenge need to always keep in mind, revenge, breeds more revenge..

Overall, you make it sound it's always Christians are to be blame. Not true, other religious (such as Islam, etc) does. There are always good and bad cop out there. Even include atheist.

I'm strictly talking about USA, not Iraq, Iran or Egypt.

Islam isn't dominant religion in USA and I don't blame on atheists for treatment of Christians so they are mistreated by Christians, anyway.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-religious-freedom-20150327-story.html#page=1

“Our door is open to everyone,” said John Allen, the bakery’s president. “Why would you run off business? I don’t understand who would do that. I don’t know anyone who would.”
I been saying this too why would people refuse to get someone money b/c they're gay , Black or whatever .

" At Shapiro’s Delicatessen, a near Downtown fixture, owner Brian Shapiro said he worried the bill would “foster anti-Semitism and a lack of tolerance.”

“Shouldn't the legislators be passing bills that help the business community, not hurt us? My great-grandmother, Rebecca Shapiro, once said: The only bad customer is the one that doesn't come in.”
I love this quote ! And I strongly agree with this "the bill would “foster anti-Semitism and a lack of tolerance.”

I already corrected you Jiro.

The 1st Amendment gives every American the right to freely exercise their religion. (And the U.S. Government does not recognize "The Spaghetti Monster" et. al. as an actual religious belief)

Why would anyone feel the need to use government force to impede anyone's freedom? Wouldn't that be this so called "religious persecution" you were speaking of in an earlier post?

You know .... impeding a private business owner's right to exercise their religion? That is religious persecution. Would you force a Hindu Restaurant to serve beef? Why the heck would you do that?

In past, businesses used religious liberty to not serve to black people - it was happened before and during Civil Rights era.

It is notoriously dangerous to use religious liberty.

maybe its time.christians.use the same tactics? Target a gay bussiness owner not bothering anyone and trap him in refusing to make a.hideos anti gay cAke..
Ruin.his livilhood
karma,
It comes.round

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/31/politics/pence-will-fix-religious-freedom-legislation/index.html
(CNN)Gov. Mike Pence pledged Tuesday to "fix" Indiana's controversial religious freedom law to clarify that it does not allow discrimination against gays and lesbians.
"It would be helpful to move legislation this week that makes it clear that this law does not give businesses a right to deny services to anyone," Pence said in a press conference in Indianapolis on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back