In the foot steps of Hear Again and typeing...

Nika

Reaction score
I am extremely bored so I am taking up Hear Again and typeingtornado19's idea of posting a thread letting anyone ask me any questions they want to. Unfortunately can't make any promises that I'm anywhere near as interesting as Hear Again or typeingtornado19...but maybe if you're as bored as I am, you'll ask something out of boredom. <smile>

Oh. I don't know who else has done it. I only recently joined AD so their posts are the only ones I've seen.

:) just had to give you a hard time. :) How did you find out about this website?

dont be bored
and asking questions helps people interact.

How many inches of Snow are in your area?
WE have nearly 40 here

dont be bored
and asking questions helps people interact.

So true. I just wish people would reply more often to stuff rather than just read and move on, it lacks the socializing aspect. If it's interesting enough, a comment or something is good unless the OP doesn't want that in the thread.

Nika, got any favorite hobbies that you like to do?

Guess you missed my question.

Never mind, you just answered it :)

Last edited:
What do you do for a living?

What do you do for a living?

Part-time student, part-time job. I'm studying Linguistics. I do translation at a human rights foundation to and from English and Persian.

How about you?

Part-time student, part-time job. I'm studying Linguistics. I do translation at a human rights foundation to and from English and Persian.

How about you?

I am an elementary ed teacher for deaf students. :)

What's the worst thing about being blind?

You don't get to see the muscle men on those annoying infomercials at 2:00 in the morning. Haha, just kidding.

People's attitudes. How many people assume I can't do this or that because I'm blind.

You don't get to see the muscle men on those annoying infomercials at 2:00 in the morning. Haha, just kidding.

People's attitudes. How many people assume I can't do this or that because I'm blind.

I have the same issues as a deaf person. It gets old so fast! :roll:

That's great! Do you teach all subjects?

Yeppers! Tough job cuz many of my students are language delayed for the sake of oralism. That's the only part I hate about my job...the desire for deaf children to be like "hearing" kids and deny them their communication needs.

How did u meet your girlfriend?

How about you?

Very interesting! Linguistics is one of my areas of interest. Psychology and language are inexplicably tied together.

Do you find that your study of linguistics leads you into other domains, such as anthropology or sociology or psychology?

Yeppers! Tough job cuz many of my students are language delayed for the sake of oralism.

That break my heart to hear. I wish hearing parents could just accept their children as Deaf. I wish parents in general could accepting their children instead of projecting their preconceived ideas of the perfect child onto their children.

Back