I'm Profoundly Deaf, So what???

HI guys...

This is my first post, and I want to say this forum rocks!!

Anyway, I have seen many people are either negative or positive about their disability, but guys, theres so much to do out ther so much to live for, its awesome, the life out there is so beautiful, don't let your deafness hamper it!!

By the way, while I am hear, I'd like to share my life story, maybe it will inspire deaf people to strive more harder!

Guys, I am studying second year, Bcom(Acc), in a normal university, I matriculated with a distinction in 2004, I even have a bursary and a signed contract to work in a top accounting firm, I have even been awarded membership of the GOLDEN KEY INTERNATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY, where the top 15% of the university's top students are rewarded for academic excellence.

I have my drivers licence, I go out for dinner with normal friends, I act in plays in front of normal people, most of them don't know that I am deaf.

I am armed with two hearing aids, and an immense knowledge of lip-reading, and that what allows me to take the world in my stride.

Looking for some cool replies.

Kashveera

That is a good way to read that way. I never thought of it that way, the words to what you just said. That is really a very cool and a very positive way to think and take on life aggressively and enjoy life to the best of your ability and look back with no regrets at all which is really awesome !!!!!!! :) :thumb:

That is a good way to read that way. I never thought of it that way, the words to what you just said. That is really a very cool and a very positive way to think and take on life aggressively and enjoy life to the best of your ability and look back with no regrets at all which is really awesome !!!!!!! :) :thumb:

Hey thanks a lot, I have recently got to know you, and sure this forum does rock!!

Well, I believe that there is one life to live and enjoy, and by all means being deaf shouldn't hamper it all!!

I wanna see one deaf actress at the top, maybe then people's perceptions would change for all the better!!

Kashveera

Read the thread that I linked to. ;) (Read the entire thread though—I come in somewhere in the middle).

Read the thread that I linked to. ;) (Read the entire thread though—I come in somewhere in the middle).

You have no idea as to how much I have started appreciating the botanical gardens, but the problem is I never took all the time to read all the fantastic labels etc, giving detailed history of plants, I told my dad about this so in the holidays, we are going for a picnic there!!

Will hopefully tell you more about them as I go and discover them with my eyes open!!

Kashveera

If you’re interested in doing your homework before the trip, The Cycads by Loran M. Whitelock is the best possible resource you can get on the subject.

Hi Kashveera, :welcome:

I would like to say welcome aboard, I've enjoyed reading some of your posts and like what I've read from you. You seem like a very interesting person to get to know. See ya around here at AD. ;)

I would like to say welcome aboard, I've enjoyed reading some of your posts and like what I've read from you. You seem like a very interesting person to get to know. See ya around here at AD. ;)

Oh thanks a lot!! I am glad you appreciate my posts, :ty: !

Well, I have made this like my second home, Its hard to believe I only registered a week ago!!

Yeah, will see ya around too!!

Kashveera

There i agree with you.. i had read posts between fyborg and kassveera.. they both are young and intelligent.... Interesting to read their posts..

There i agree with you.. i had read posts between fyborg and kassveera.. they both are young and intelligent.... Interesting to read their posts..

Thanks Fyborg and I are delighted about this!! :ty:

Thanks to you guys for appreciating us young ones!! :bowdown:

Kashveera

Hi and welcome to AD. I've enjoyed your posts and I find a lot of them to be inspirational and I'm sure others agree with me.

fyborg and kassveera both are in common... i can see there is special bond between you both....

Yeah, you are right there...

Right now, I'm missing her!!!

Will keep our posts comming in though!!

Kashveera

Thank you!

Being on opposite sides of the world can be hard with forums...:eek3: One of us has to stay up late...and that's only on weekends!

And thank you, Sxyporkie, for your compliment!

Thank you!

Being on opposite sides of the world can be hard with forums...:eek3: One of us has to stay up late...and that's only on weekends!

And thank you, Sxyporkie, for your compliment!

Yeah, Fyborg is quite right, being in the south of Africa and America, its almost two worlds apart, so its pretty hard!!

But, we will continue to be great friends!!

Kashveera

Back