I'm Profoundly Deaf, So what???

Welcome to AllDeaf! Enjoy your stay! :thumb:

Thanks so much...my lord 20 posts in a single day...my mom's gonna come and make me go study!! by the way i loved your thing abt terrorists are tourists with guns!! - you rock!!

Kashveera

HI.. Welcome to AD.. I hope you will enjoy the stay with us and happy posting away! :)

I had an analog ,too. I have gotten my digitals just 12 days ago. I waited for one year for digitals and saved money for them . they sound much nicer than analogs.I'm in the period of getting used to digitally compressed sounds.

I know ,deafness has made my world enriched. I have had different and amazing views of life.

I hope we can exchange and support ourselves as close friends :)

Take care :hug:

Awesome, I have analogue hearing aids, I am a bit backward!! (can't help it-South Africa's a third-world country)-hopefully, we will be fine by 2010-Hope to see you guys at the Soccer World Cup in 2010!! Anyway, I have a company sponsoring my studies at the moment, and with the extra, I am saving for digital Hearing Aids-getting there but slowly!!

Oh I lipread as well, its helps me in times of crisis, when my batteries die and then i am totally lost!!

I have always been the optomist and the postive kind, so I always think of a situation of how I being deaf can interpert it and look at it in a new way, its frustrating at times, but then I have always tried to be the best that I can, because if you think about it, we are always the people trying to better ourselves, and make ourselve's capable of doing things!! When we exceed ourselves, we can be so proud!!!

Looking forward to seeing you around!!

Kashveera

I had an analog ,too. I have gotten my digitals just 12 days ago. I waited for one year for digitals and saved money for them . they sound much nicer than analogs.I'm in the period of getting used to digitally compressed sounds.

I know ,deafness has made my world enriched. I have had different and amazing views of life.

I hope we can exchange and support ourselves as close friends :)

Take care :hug:

Thats super cool, I hope to get digitized soon!!! I did hear that the transition from analogue to digital sounds a bit strange, but we will all get used to it!!

Yeah, Its an exciting world out there!!

Kashveera

hi there,

I am happy to see another person that knows zulu here. Also by the way, :welcome: to AD

Do you know the language too, my maid had to literally sit down and teach me the words, and boy, we had fun, because I couldn't pronounce the words and the various clicks, got used to it after a while!!

Thanks so much, I have been around, and its been a lot of fun!!

Kashveera

WELCOME TO AD!
Going to college...again...it is very difficult now! I graduated 4 years ago and I am going for my Masters now. I love to learn new languages....just started to learn ASL with my wife. We are having a blast. I also speak Spanish and Italian and some Portuguese. It sounds like you are a very ambitious person and I congratulate you.
I just got new digital hearing aids as well and really enjoy them....cost though is insane! I really wish that one day hearing aid prices become a bit more moderated.

WELCOME TO AD!
Going to college...again...it is very difficult now! I graduated 4 years ago and I am going for my Masters now. I love to learn new languages....just started to learn ASL with my wife. We are having a blast. I also speak Spanish and Italian and some Portuguese. It sounds like you are a very ambitious person and I congratulate you.
I just got new digital hearing aids as well and really enjoy them....cost though is insane! I really wish that one day hearing aid prices become a bit more moderated.

Fantastic, I need to get a degreee first then start thinkng about honors and masters!! CONGRATULATIONS!! We're all so proud of you!! Languages and me are fine, but sometimes its a mission to lipread what the person has said if you don't quite know the language!!

My friend is Portuguese and instead of hello, we all say OLA, you should see her blush...its so nice when you incorporate cultural values and religions in your everyday life!!

Oh I like to get digital hearing aids, but I think like you I also battled with the price...I certainly think they should come down!!

Kashveera

you bet I know the language I taught myself it in 3 months, I sometimes use it and I like using it. Give me a PM and we can chat zulu ok?

Do you know the language too, my maid had to literally sit down and teach me the words, and boy, we had fun, because I couldn't pronounce the words and the various clicks, got used to it after a while!!

Thanks so much, I have been around, and its been a lot of fun!!

Kashveera

This is totally off-topic, but I’m wondering if you’ve ever been here. Have you?

Of course, thats the life and pride of Durban, its a stunning place, and they have this wonderful lake in the middle, where you can just take a book and relax, and the restaurant there is stunning!!

So, yeah I have seen this stunning place, make it a point to go every year, its not even 20 minutes drive from my home!!

Kashveera

Back