I'm in Gallaudet University!!!

Scottw-

Congrats. May Gally exceed your expectations. Have an enriching experience there!

scottw,

Have you been at gally long enough to give advice? I'm hearing, and an interpreting student, thinking about transferring. What do you say?

good luck,
prayerflag

p.s. Since I wrote the first part of this I've seen other posts that say a hearing undergraduate has to be fluent in ASL - I'm not there yet; not even close.

Last edited:
I am going to roam at Gallaudet on Friday November 14th, 2008!!!! With my dear daughter in stroller. Maybe you can find me, the dude with green chicco stroller and tiny daughter.

I am going to roam at Gallaudet on Friday November 14th, 2008!!!! With my dear daughter in stroller. Maybe you can find me, the dude with green chicco stroller and tiny daughter.

Oh, really... have a blast time visiting Gally!

What is the occasion there?

Oh, really... have a blast time visiting Gally!

What is the occasion there?

My wife have psychology conference at Gallaudet. I was taking the day off to take care of my tiny daughter. Catch up with my peers that are still at Gallaudet. Several of drop out have return to Gallaudet to complete their degree.

Now Tomorrow I will go to ASL Expo in Maryland. That my true occasion to work for Mortgage booth there.

Also I was in town to visit my side's family and introduce my daughter to grandparent and aunt. It was good to see them same time for conference and ASL expo.

I thought about going to Gallaudet in 1996 after I lost my hearing, but at the time I was still learning sign, so I didn't. I've heard from a few DB (deafblind) students that their DB services leave alot to be desired. To be fair, I don't know if that's true since it was hearsay.

My wife have psychology conference at Gallaudet. I was taking the day off to take care of my tiny daughter. Catch up with my peers that are still at Gallaudet. Several of drop out have return to Gallaudet to complete their degree.

Now Tomorrow I will go to ASL Expo in Maryland. That my true occasion to work for Mortgage booth there.

Also I was in town to visit my side's family and introduce my daughter to grandparent and aunt. It was good to see them same time for conference and ASL expo.

Oh I see, taking your advantage of multi-opportunity over this weekend. I would take mine when someday comes in the near future, my family live in northern Va near Alexandria (and DC)... they moved there about 2 years ago from Minnesota.

Oh I see, taking your advantage of multi-opportunity over this weekend. I would take mine when someday comes in the near future, my family live in northern Va near Alexandria (and DC)... they moved there about 2 years ago from Minnesota.

Small world - any chance you from Minnesota or once lived in the area?

I had good time with my family and at ASL Expo. It was good size. Ironic the president of ASL Expo came to me and asked me about how many people I thought I saw at expo. Honestly, majority have thought about 800-900. So did I. He said he agreed as he thought too. As he explained that one non-profit organization was willing to do head count, turn out it was 2,300 people there at ASL Expo. Its still a lot people. We were shocked to see the number almost tripled than we thought.

Visual can be deceiving.

Small world - any chance you from Minnesota or once lived in the area?

I had good time with my family and at ASL Expo. It was good size. Ironic the president of ASL Expo came to me and asked me about how many people I thought I saw at expo. Honestly, majority have thought about 800-900. So did I. He said he agreed as he thought too. As he explained that one non-profit organization was willing to do head count, turn out it was 2,300 people there at ASL Expo. Its still a lot people. We were shocked to see the number almost tripled than we thought.

Visual can be deceiving.

No, it was my whole family members who used to live in the St. Paul area but never lived there myself (only visited).

Cool that you enjoyed the time there!

No, it was my whole family members who used to live in the St. Paul area but never lived there myself (only visited).

Cool that you enjoyed the time there!

interesting - that gives me a hint that you are the oldest in your family.

Or they left him in the South, moved to Minnesota and refused to tell where!:P

Ha! :lol:

No, actually I'm no kiddie first of all. :lol:

Minnesota is just toooo cold for me. lol

Our family including me are Hoosier natives and grew up there. After the college years, they moved to Texas then Minnesota, but they all are living in Virginia now. Yup, I'm the oldest yet my other siblings are very close to me in age.

I moved out to Florida when they were living in Minnesota at the time. Nowhere but FLORIDA for me! :D

Back