I'm gone.

jenni-m

Reaction score
I've had it.

I have tired to speak out to get people to think more freely without being subject as much to destructive emotions and other people's squawkings and propaganda (media, popular yet baseless opinion, etc.)

I guess people don't care. I try to take this stuff out of a topic and someone inevitably comes and puts it back in, which makes me feel that my work is effectively undone.

It's like I try to build a functional and purposeful structure, block by block, and somebody comes and kicks it down because they would prefer I used plastic blocks instead of wooden ones.

I don't want people to take my word, just see things objectively for their own selves and benefit (to them and to society as a whole). Many refuse.

I can't do much about the topics that appear in the news, all I can do is speak out because I am not a lawyer or a police officer or a soldier. I feel it is MY JOB to discuss these things in a rational and meaningful way, until something is done by those who can do something. I guess it isn't working.

It makes me sick to the point I want to hang myself. I don't do this for my health or enjoyment, that is for sure.

I am tired. Goodbye.

I've had it.

I have tired to speak out to get people to think more freely without being subject as much to destructive emotions and other people's squawkings and propaganda (media, popular yet baseless opinion, etc.)

I guess people don't care. I try to take this stuff out of a topic and someone inevitably comes and puts it back in, which makes me feel that my work is effectively undone.

It's like I try to build a functional and purposeful structure, block by block, and somebody comes and kicks it down because they would prefer I used plastic blocks instead of wooden ones.

I don't want people to take my word, just see things objectively for their own selves and benefit (to them and to society as a whole). Many refuse.

I can't do much about the topics that appear in the news, all I can do is speak out because I am not a lawyer or a police officer or a soldier. I feel it is MY JOB to discuss these things in a rational and meaningful way, until something is done by those who can do something. I guess it isn't working.

It makes me sick to the point I want to hang myself. I don't do this for my health or enjoyment, that is for sure.

I am tired. Goodbye.

I'm sorry you see it this way, Jenni on a number of levels. For one, you haven't been here long enough for us to get to know you although I will say I made a pitch for you the other night, finally! But that thread has been closed.
Another thing is you need to remember that some here don't understand their weakness in handling a minority language and still bull through with their "opinions".

At any rate, please don't leave; I, and I'm sure there's others, were just warming up to you.

I'm sorry you see it this way, Jenni on a number of levels. For one, you haven't been here long enough for us to get to know you although I will say I made a pitch for you the other night, finally! But that thread has been closed.
Another thing is you need to remember that some here don't understand their weakness in handling a minority language and still bull through with their "opinions".

At any rate, please don't leave; I, and I'm sure there's others, were just warming up to you.
Yes I agree with you, I am still lagging in understand their languages and still need to work on it. I guess life is never stop till u learn all those lessons.

I am sorry to see you go. I am started to getting know you now and u want to walk away from us then we will never get to grow and learn from each other.

Yeah... I was just weak for a moment.

Contemplating things is one of the few things I have, and is my main goal in life... and when something interferes with that, it interferes with my livelihood and main purpose in existence. It is very frustrating and discouraging.

And what bugs me the most, is things go beyond simple language barrier, right into the very core concepts of thought and reflection itself.

Yeah... I was just weak for a moment.

Contemplating things is one of the few things I have, and is my main goal in life... and when something interferes with that, it interferes with my livelihood and main purpose in existence. It is very frustrating and discouraging.

And what bugs me the most, is things go beyond simple language barrier, right into the very core concepts of thought and reflection itself.

hey you're back! I knew it! :P The best I can suggest is to avoid a couple of sections like "On-Topic Debates" for a while. It's gonna cause your vein on your forehead to burst! :-o Mine almost did.

Hey, there, Jenni! Can you tell me what your livellihood is and whether or not you are deaf? Where are you on the scale re: the deaf community? Not prying, per se, but this might help me with a frame of reference wherein I can come to your aid where necessary in order to help those (what am I getting into? It's Reba's fault, lol) who are confused.

Anyway, hope to see you around in the threads.

J - I'm just gonna share my thoughts here and you are free to discern them, okay? Do not let yourself be pulled into arguments that have become personal for you or for the other person, and you already know what that does to you. Know when to walk away. No one will ever force you to change your ideals or beliefs if you dont allow them to, because you are that powerful. Live for another day. It does get frustrating, but just file some people away in the asshole folder and move on. Put em on the ignore list, even, so you dont have to deal with them or feel obliged to reply to them. Put more value on your time and your process here. There are still good peeps here to share a discussion with. Go with the flow. You are and will be alright ;)

Hey, there, Jenni! Can you tell me what your livellihood is and whether or not you are deaf? Where are you on the scale re: the deaf community? Not prying, per se, but this might help me with a frame of reference wherein I can come to your aid where necessary in order to help those (what am I getting into? It's Reba's fault, lol) who are confused.

Anyway, hope to see you around in the threads.

I don't subscribe to the 'deaf community', because I am an individual. A community, in this sense, implies boundaries, and I don't like those. A community is people who work together, no matter what/who they are, like a family or a town (to me). I feel self limitation has no place in this, that is something you do in cliques, not communities. Unity based on one prescribed common element borders on fascism. (I will probably be crucified verbally for saying that.)

But anyway, I am deaf from birth and vision impaired (acquired later), do not speak verbally or understand speech (though I ave CI and do hear sounds, I just have a hard time figuring out what they are).

And my livelihood is discovery and objective analysis, also philosophy and sociology. Not that I have a Ph.D or anything, I just study things on my own.

J - I'm just gonna share my thoughts here and you are free to discern them, okay? Do not let yourself be pulled into arguments that have become personal for you or for the other person, and you already know what that does to you. Know when to walk away. No one will ever force you to change your ideals or beliefs if you dont allow them to, because you are that powerful. Live for another day. It does get frustrating, but just file some people away in the asshole folder and move on. Put em on the ignore list, even, so you dont have to deal with them or feel obliged to reply to them. Put more value on your time and your process here. There are still good peeps here to share a discussion with. Go with the flow. You are and will be alright ;)

That is all well and good, Liza but there are times it is quite obvious that the problem is the lack of comprehension, sometimes it is merely a word or two where the discussion gets hung up, not a division of two opposing sets of beliefs (not yet) and this is where some of us like to fix that before continuing on this road to enlightenment.

Last edited:

I have to agree to this fully. I used to get upset when I first joined when I tried to share some of my experiences and what I have learned in regards to Deaf education but I realized that there are always a few who will stick to their beliefs so I just let it go cuz it is not worth getting upset over.

Hope u dont leave even though I havent participated much in your threads. From what I have read, I can see that you have lots of insightful thoughts and opinions that are interesting. :)

I have to agree to this fully. I used to get upset when I first joined when I tried to share some of my experiences and what I have learned in regards to Deaf education but I realized that there are always a few who will stick to their beliefs so I just let it go cuz it is not worth getting upset over.

Hope u dont leave even though I havent participated much in your threads. From what I have read, I can see that you have lots of insightful thoughts and opinions that are interesting. :)

Yes, but the problem is, the people who already can figure it out the most aren't the ones who need to know. There are people who will actually go out and vote on things and create policy based on their opinions, misguided opinion means misguided vote.

It is IMPERATIVE that people 'wake up'. That includes everybody, politicians, military, average citizens... these people who 'stick to their beliefs' maybe deciding on a law that effects everyone else, in the future.

Yes, but the problem is, the people who already can figure it out the most aren't the ones who need to know. There are people who will actually go out and vote on things and create policy based on their opinions, misguided opinion means misguided vote.

It is IMPERATIVE that people 'wake up'. That includes everybody, politicians, military, average citizens... these people who 'stick to their beliefs' maybe deciding on a law that effects everyone else, in the future.
Me too... me too... That's why sometimes I feel like moving to rural area in Pennsylvania and just live in my own world.

Tousi, I just dont have the energy or the time to correct people's comprehension (unless clarification is asked for) or to smooth out someone else's ruffled feathers (enuff of that after a lifetime of doing that, right?), but okay, attitude is something I see as a top issue in these ongoing discussions. I mean, I came here to read and learn about issues I am interested in, not to be sucked into somebody else's pathology or drama, ya know? So I'm more inclined to let the mods handle the dirty laundry and I don't envy them their task.

I understand where you are coming from, jenni. I feel the same way about all of us having a responsibility to taking care of our environment. But, you know, all you can do is share gems of enlightement and allow others to take them or not. Force is not gonna convince people, ya know? Ever heard of the expression about vinegar and honey involving bees?

Tousi, I just dont have the energy or the time to correct people's comprehension (unless clarification is asked for) or to smooth out someone else's ruffled feathers (enuff of that after a lifetime of doing that, right?), but okay, attitude is something I see as a top issue in these ongoing discussions. I mean, I came here to read and learn about issues I am interested in, not to be sucked into somebody else's pathology or drama, ya know? So I'm more inclined to let the mods handle the dirty laundry and I don't envy them their task.

:gpost:

Maybe so, Liza but I see that as a whole lot easier than trying to change already deep-seated beliefs which isn't really my place in the first place. Oftentimes, it's a mere word here and there as it was recently in a couple of threads, one of which is already closed which means an opportunity lost in space, reverting back to their original 1010101010101 code and abruptly, effectively cut off enlightement. We were oh so close there but I shall not raise it from the ashes here via commentary. I'm not that sneaky, lol.

Me too... me too... That's why sometimes I feel like moving to rural area in Pennsylvania and just live in my own world.

I'd love to do that some times, too.

It's just funny how propaganda works. It is so effective due to human nature, the tendency to follow emotions and be stubborn.

People who know what they are doing know how to manipulate this, it can work on even the smartest of people.

Just take a look at how Hitler got into power. He got people to support him WILLINGLY through fancy speech and playing on peoples sentiments and emotions.

Do you think that can't happen here? Think again, because as I said once or twice before, it is on its way, because more and more people FEEL things before they think.

Every time some particular misguided word or phrase is said, and someone sees it and agrees with it, it puts another ding in the social direction. This is why propaganda works. You get enough people pissed off about something, no matter how irrational and unsupported, those people will be making policy and electing officials. Emotion is leverage in political circles. GET RID OF IT!

People will use your anger against war crimes, discrimination, racism, hamburgers, anything you can think of as leverage to direct you like sheep. And if people continue to be sheep, they will once again be ruled like sheep.

believe me, I'm in definitely same boat as yours, giant miserable rocky one - I have no time for words in despite of reality but I hope you won't go, I wanted your friendship... hold on the rope. until you see why.

or jump in and if you're lucky, work on becoming a president.

I used to take things personally, but like you, thought it wasnt worth it in the end. Oh well. Experiences are all you have, and I appreciate that you are here to share them with us, especially in Deaf Education.

PS: I am way more animated in person and on other more personal avenues online (aim, etc) than I am with my words here. I just feel I have to keep an emotional distance in discussion forums for some reason. ;)

Back