Im broke :(

yea I notice there are a lot of us have to work overtime or second jobs. wow. =|

Why am I not surprised about many of us are broke? I agreed that life is hard when it comes to money. I dislike thinking about money because I'm broke and I have debts to take care of. Ugh. I know that I got this really nice birthday money from my grandma, but I'll be broke anyways because many things are eating away my money--gas, food, sidekick, internet, etc....Gah! So yeah, I need a second job.

Yea yea I am broke. I just cant wait til this summer so that my son can go to work and found out how hard it is after he spend all of his money. Also I will beg him to buy me things since he have been doing that to me. I will teach him good. Also I will make him pay for his cellphone. Hehehe

I am hoping that when I pay off my SUV in April, being broke would be a thing of the past. Wait and see. I DO not plan on buying a new vehicle for as long as my SUV still runs.

I am hoping that when I pay off my SUV in April, being broke would be a thing of the past. Wait and see. I DO not plan on buying a new vehicle for as long as my SUV still runs.

Didn't your SUV recently sort of explode, causing you to walk miles with two children? :hmm:

Yours truly,

Debbie Downer

I'm broke.

Paying my way through college and getting out of debt.

Three more payments and I'm debt free. WHOO-HOO!!!!

Wow!.. way to go Phi4Sius!.. I personally like to follow the debt free mindset. Once you are out, DON'T go back..

Sadly, I had to for a bit, and will be for a few more years. about two years ago, I was living debt free with only my monthly bills. Drawback is that I had to get credit going again after 7+ years without debt or credit to get my house. After a layoff, I had about a 6 month stint of relying on un-employment and my emergency fund to live on. I am now looking at adding college loans to that, but found a temp job to take place of un-employment and repair the emergency fund. With my long term goals, I should be back to nothing but a mortgage about 2 years after I have my bachelors degree and retirement around 20 years after or less then that if all things go well.

Keep up the fight, it is worth it.

'recently sort of explode' -LMAO Botti!

I'm broke. Living on sick benefits at the moment until I get a job- going to apply for some soon -I'm feeling much better in myself so don't want to be off sick (depression) for too long.

I'm going out for a massage in a bit (it's free!) and my bus fare is 10 and 20 pence pieces...

I do spend all my benefit money on clothes and craft supplies, though. There's no way I could afford food on benefits if I didn't live with my parents.

Money is very tight with us also, we have an extra-tight budget. My boys take time to find a way to do odd jobs for their spending $$, it helps build their character too. Just the other day, one of my sons offered to paint a much needed fence for one of our neighbors, and was rewarded very well, for a job well done. They also mow lawns in the summer, now that it's Fall, they'll do raking and picking up limbs, etc. for an extra few bucks.

We've struggled since 2008, with this bad economy. Things were pretty bad...but we stuck together and made the best of it. They never ask for $$ from me, knowing I have to pay the bills, but whenever there are a few dollars extra, it goes to them.

We're so broke, we closed the retirement account to move to Florida just to live with hubby's mom.

Didn't your SUV recently sort of explode, causing you to walk miles with two children? :hmm:

Yours truly,

Debbie Downer

I found out what it was...it was my AC breaking down. Whew!

I didnt have the kids with me at the time.

I need to get the AC fixed and hopefully, it should be fine. I am hoping it will run for another 5 years.

I put myself through college and graduate school. I worked on Wall Street and now I'm doing well financially. However, my personal life is completely broke. I still work 80+ hours a week, sometimes 100 chasing after the elusive next level of achievement. There were times when I'd travel so much that to endure jetlag, I'd survive on coffee and chocolate only.

I guess there's a price for everything. I have no idea on how to fix my bankrupt personal life.

I'm broke, right now. But I will be getting my SSI soon. In 4 days.

But no doubt, I will be quickly broke right after that.

hm, you know... I might not be broke, provided I work this in just the right way.

It'll take a little footwork, but at least I'll be able to shave off a small amount of debt. It won't be much, but at least it'll be something.

Back