Im broke :(

I'm broke, right now. But I will be getting my SSI soon. In 4 days.

But no doubt, I will be quickly broke right after that.

hm, you know... I might not be broke, provided I work this in just the right way.

It'll take a little footwork, but at least I'll be able to shave off a small amount of debt. It won't be much, but at least it'll be something.

No go. Am broke, too.

God, SSI sucks. Really, SSI needs to give us a minimum of $1k. This being broke all the time really sucks. I could sure use an extra 400 dollars to take care of some of my niggling bills and finally get myself off of SSI with that. :|

I don't think we all need $1K.

It's all about budgeting and money management.

Sometimes we all do need to really look at how we eat, how we shop and especially at how we do our budgeting. I used to be lazy at how I budgeted, I used to shop on an empty stomach and would buy the junk food. This consumed a lot of money.

I eat a good meal before I shop. I shop only on the outside square of the store. The outside square of the store has the important food from the Food Guide such as fruit/vegetables/meat/dairy products. The inside of the store has junk products such as cookies, cereals, ketchup, chips and so on. This is where you definitely need to look at how you shop.

Coupon clipping - do this a lot!! www.save.ca for Canadian consumers and Canadian Freebies, Shopping Deals, Coupons, Contests & Free Stuff Canada for Canadian consumers. Those two sites I go to daily for freebies, coupons and tips on how to save money. Believe me, they work! I save money a lot.

Use the food banks - I do. They help us a lot. I use the local Food Bank and at the college's food bank. They definitely help us a lot.

We don't use cable because we simply cannot afford it. We watch DVDs over and over again because we choose to do this. We use the local library's free DVD rentals.

We make our own pizzas, chicken fingers, french fries, Chinese food and so on. We like this because we control our sodium. I bring my lunch to college because this tucks money into our savings.

We use a mason jar as extra savings each time we choose not to buy a cup of hot chocolate from Starbucks or Tim Hortons. I put the extra savings in the Mason jar and at the end of the month, we tuck that extra savings away for Christmas shopping or use that treat for ourselves such as a new DVD movie.

This is where the power of the dollar doesn't have to be negative. Be crafty and use your creativity to your advantage. Make your Christmas gifts instead of buying them.

People appreciate handmade gifts rather than store-bought gifts.

Hope this helps! Those tips I provided actually put money into our pockets rather than us paying money out of our pockets.

Merry "frugal yet cost-effective" Christmas!!!

I don't think we all need $1K.

It's all about budgeting and money management.

Sometimes we all do need to really look at how we eat, how we shop and especially at how we do our budgeting. I used to be lazy at how I budgeted, I used to shop on an empty stomach and would buy the junk food. This consumed a lot of money.

I eat a good meal before I shop. I shop only on the outside square of the store. The outside square of the store has the important food from the Food Guide such as fruit/vegetables/meat/dairy products. The inside of the store has junk products such as cookies, cereals, ketchup, chips and so on. This is where you definitely need to look at how you shop.

Coupon clipping - do this a lot!! www.save.ca for Canadian consumers and Canadian Freebies, Shopping Deals, Coupons, Contests & Free Stuff Canada for Canadian consumers. Those two sites I go to daily for freebies, coupons and tips on how to save money. Believe me, they work! I save money a lot.

Use the food banks - I do. They help us a lot. I use the local Food Bank and at the college's food bank. They definitely help us a lot.

We don't use cable because we simply cannot afford it. We watch DVDs over and over again because we choose to do this. We use the local library's free DVD rentals.

We make our own pizzas, chicken fingers, french fries, Chinese food and so on. We like this because we control our sodium. I bring my lunch to college because this tucks money into our savings.

We use a mason jar as extra savings each time we choose not to buy a cup of hot chocolate from Starbucks or Tim Hortons. I put the extra savings in the Mason jar and at the end of the month, we tuck that extra savings away for Christmas shopping or use that treat for ourselves such as a new DVD movie.

This is where the power of the dollar doesn't have to be negative. Be crafty and use your creativity to your advantage. Make your Christmas gifts instead of buying them.

People appreciate handmade gifts rather than store-bought gifts.

Hope this helps! Those tips I provided actually put money into our pockets rather than us paying money out of our pockets.

Merry "frugal yet cost-effective" Christmas!!!

You are smart. Chris is very luck to have you.

You can use over-the-air antenna. I use an antenna to receive a good number of HD channels and boy, they are glorious. The best part is, it's free. The only thing you pay for is the antenna and you can get a decent one at a reasonable price. Probably should be able to get a good one for $50 or so. You can even make an antenna out of a coat hanger if you are tight on money.

No go. Am broke, too.

God, SSI sucks. Really, SSI needs to give us a minimum of $1k. This being broke all the time really sucks. I could sure use an extra 400 dollars to take care of some of my niggling bills and finally get myself off of SSI with that. :|

Well, you should find part-time job to get extra support and you are allowed to keep SSI if you make less than $980 at gross income but SSA maybe adjust the rate if needed.

Be smart when you are on budget, I had similar situation in 2006 and you could ask family to support you.

If you budget and make the right purchases at the right times, you can live comfortably. You just have to decide if you want to spend a lot of money on a bunch of small useless shit or save up for the big things you really want.

Sometimes if you wait you'll get a good deal on what you've been wanting for a while. If it meets your needs then there is no need for an upgrade. Kind of like, don't buy more horses than you actually need.

Back