If you died.. what would you let others do? (internet)

oops, double post!

Remmy when she bawled out one audist parent and she got called all kinds of names based on her username? It was around the time she stopped coming to AD. I hope it wasnt because of that incident.

Yeah iI remember that and I think that parent has a deaf child with double CI implants.. He has a daughter..

Yes. Stage 4 if I recall correctly.

The average length of time from diagnosis to death with pancreatic cancer is less than a year. It is difficult to diagnose until it is in an advanced stage. Plus, it is the one cancer for which treatment protocol has seen very small effects.

I should remind my hubbby of this again. Maybe I should tell my brother as well as a back-up.

If I die, only my hubby or my brother would announce my death here on AD. If it is another person, it is fake.

Someone spread a rumor around that my ex brother was dead! I guess it was wishful thinking!!

We were just talking about an article in Mother Earth News at dinner about home burial, my dd (4yo) started asking if we were going to bury ME in the backyard :giggle:

I have a rhetoric question of a kind.

Have you ever noticed other facebook members, forum members, someone online is dead or passed away and their profiles are still left up as if they were alive?

Sometimes, I've notice people don't even know they were dead because they didn't get the news.

My question is, do you think facebook, email providers like gmail, yahoo, should provide a support service where they let people close to them access their information and change it, so the other people know that they are dead?

Or should they be left alone?

:hmm:

I have thought about your rhetorical question over the past few months since a dear friend of mine passed away. Her facebook page is still up, and it has turned into a memorial for her friends and family. Losing her was very difficult for me to come to terms with. I still struggle with it from time to time.

Going to her facebook page, and reading the comments left there by others really helps. It shows how much she was loved during her life, as well as how much love she showed for her family and friends. I wouldn't change anything about it.

However, if a troll suddenly started to post hateful comments up on her wall, I would most certainly want the hateful comments removed. Some people have no class or respect.

The falsified death of He who must not be named.

Oh yeah, i remember that one well. I had just come back to AD from my sister's wedding and boy there was a lot of confusion over him for the next few days . I couldn't believe it at first.

Leave it alone, because everybody have dark side on email or PM that you may don't want someone to read it. I agree with sallylou, just let family knows and best friend or closer friend.

Wow, really?!? How... pathetic. :(

Yea, I was upset for a few days afterwards. I am happy that I am past it now but it made me wary of anyone coming in here saying that a member has died.

Yea, I was upset for a few days afterwards. I am happy that I am past it now but it made me wary of anyone coming in here saying that a member has died.

We're also a bit wary of people who like to set up mulitiple account as a certain poster who's the CI parent of a deaf girl found out.

I have a rhetoric question of a kind.

Have you ever noticed other facebook members, forum members, someone online is dead or passed away and their profiles are still left up as if they were alive?

Sometimes, I've notice people don't even know they were dead because they didn't get the news.

My question is, do you think facebook, email providers like gmail, yahoo, should provide a support service where they let people close to them access their information and change it, so the other people know that they are dead?

Or should they be left alone?

:hmm:

yeah it's kinda horrible. and yes they should close them.

Back