If you become homeless...

deafzombiegirl, it´s sad to know about your experience in the past.

I wondering to myself why can´t Social Welfare Service support homeless people if they can´t afford to rent their apartment or no job?

Im behind ya! I been there, I know 3 months is nothing BUT I experienced done. It CAN happen to anyone.

deafzombiegirl said:
I was homeless for three years before i finally got an apartment that's my own. i can't believe ppl would look down on homelessness and actually think it's for drunks and junkies when it's just not totally true. Rent is a lot higher than it used to be 20 years ago. homelessness isnt anyone's fault and I don't find blame in anyone. It's not fun. I lived under a bridge for two years. I spent time in a homeless shelter for god knows how long. Even Redwolf helped me out. Homelessness is getting worse and it's wrong for society to ignore it and t hink ok it's for junkies and shit. it's not true. I don't care what anyone thinks. I'm the one that knows the truth. I'm not a drug addict nor am i an alocholic. This is just a question that's a little too much especially for those who have been there in the past. It's not an easy issue to discuss, especially for me.

Availablity is the issue! Most subsized apartment have anywhere from 1 months to 5 years waiting list. That is the problem. When you walk in social service, expect at least an hour or two in line!!! But public kept demanding cuts in budget, and the problem just getting bigger anyway!

Liebling:-))) said:

I wondering to myself why can´t Social Welfare Service support homeless people if they can´t afford to rent their apartment or no job?

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Huh? I never live in a tent... I never was homeless.

If I have to live in a tent, then fine, no problem.

You wont' last a fucking day with that attitude. Trust me...I survived because I had to. First off, you can die of hypothermia. ever heard of that shit? Yeah, miss p....there is such thing as freezing your ass off!!! You can freeze to death, just like you can die of hot weather!!! You're body can only take so much before it gives up. I did what I had to do to get what I need to survive. Homelessness is NOT a pretty thing. We ALL have our stories. It's a shame you and other ppl like you who have never been homeless at least ONCE in your lifetime could ever understand a thing like this. IT's a touchy subject for most.

yes....unfortunately they are limited on the sources they themselves have. their hands are tied due to laws and shit. It's not fair. I was homeless cuz i wasn't yet on social security. I needed it. I waited two years (the duration of my homelessness) so they gave me my social security and i went straight for an apartment.

deafzombiegirl said:
You wont' last a fucking day with that attitude. Trust me...I survived because I had to. First off, you can die of hypothermia. ever heard of that shit? Yeah, miss p....there is such thing as freezing your ass off!!! You can freeze to death, just like you can die of hot weather!!! You're body can only take so much before it gives up. I did what I had to do to get what I need to survive. Homelessness is NOT a pretty thing. We ALL have our stories. It's a shame you and other ppl like you who have never been homeless at least ONCE in your lifetime could ever understand a thing like this. IT's a touchy subject for most.

I really agrees with her. You should never ask that question Miss P....this is a senititive issue to everyone else who had gone thru homelessness. You dont know anything about homeless. I been homeless same as deafzombiegirl that had gone thru. You could die of freezing death or die from blistering sunburn out in the hot humid summer day. But I survived! For you Miss P....you won't last a day out there by urself with that kind of attitude you spoke in here. It will make you go insane you want a place of your own or some kind of shelter. Have you been to homeless shelter before?? There is people out there who makes an wrong idea about what happened to those homeless people. They have tons of story for you to learn from them. You might think....oh they just lazy they dont want to work. There are tons of story such as drug problems, money problem, rent went skyrocket that drove them no place to afford. Rent went high as ever such for 2 bedroom apartment gone up to $1,200 a month which it it too high. You can understand your side of your perspective but once you get homeless u will get a different meaning of what it like to be homeless. This is not a funny issue, Miss P, you are pushing the wrong button to make this kind of issue. That really made me angry about that. This is not a joke about homeless people. Leave them alone. Good thing I have apartment of my own, my nightmare are officially over.

*sigh* Made me feel miserable and trying ignore this thread few past days from now...

So I willing open my heart and tell you everything when I was teenager..
I understand what Miss P just asking you everyones If suppose you become homeless.. as for your prepare? Of course I was..

Okay... uh um... let's start I say...
When I was teenager around I say 16 yrs old due my Adopt father was abused me several long haul years.. I decide escape from my parent home and trying to find shelter place to live. So I decide to sleep nearby the subway at Toronto, Ontairo. That where I used knowledge surrodings in Toronto subway because of my Dad working TTC (Toronto Trainist Commissioners) I used sleep Castle Frank Subway third of below that where safe place at... I was stayed there for few days later.. Somehow, My heart really needs a place to live and decide to visit CHS (Canadian Hearing Society) In Toronto, Ontario. I was made my mind up and wanted to talk directly intake worker whoever is available speak w/me very privately.. The Deaf lady recoglized me, and pull me into her office. I was open my hear to her everything what happend and etc etc.. She was kind break her heart and little tears and opened the telephone book *scratching written the paper pad* She gave me the paper that where Youth Shelter called "Under21 hostel shelter". I went there and giving out my idenitying etc etc then open welcomed me staying there for few months. The excellent Staff who helped me ordeal through lot and education me about "Living skills, and fininically(sp) start w/welfare." The staff help me through look into the newspaper and find a place for me.. Which start with Room and board cheaper rent place to stay. I was kind happy settled place to live but not happy being "sharing bathroom and kitchen" I kept patience long haul and trying to get a job part time.. my first job was Wendy resturant.. *wrapping foil around the potatoes* long hours... Kept me patience for while and decide quit my 1st job and moved another new 2nd job Crossiant assembly resturant... Trying my feet back on.. A year later, I decide to move another place out of province.. went greyhound bus along w/my hearing friends (wrong crowd)... went to British Columbia. I did send post card to my mother.. She was FREAK OUT and decide call police search me around until found me at the welfare office at British Columbia in Vancover. Send me back long way return home in Toronto,Ontario.. I saw my mother but why my father there!! My Dad gave me $$ then BYE!!!! My mom was little scared and worried 'bout me but Dad pull his wife away from me... Wha.. bastard DAD ? Least I have lot lot lot of money on my hands.. so start find a place to live again *within 1 hour found a place to live* Luckily I'm not near homeless.. So I stayed there for few months.. Unhappy.. decide to move Ottawa when I was about 20's and found an apartment Beechwood Avenue area... Pretty beautiful place out there and cheap rent an apartment.. I stayed there for 6 mos and decide move back to Toronto, Ontairo and to seeing my Deaf friend at Deaf Club... asked everyone who have available room for me? within 30 minz.. move w/my friend for temporary.. I applied for MTHA (low income housing) Careless I got pregnant.. Good thing right timing I move in 1 bedroom apartment.. I'm so very happy settled no more moving moving long haul different places to live.... Decide to leaving Toronto due reason my ex bf abused me... *FUK* happier living in London,Ontario... found Mr.Right guy (current my husband) *chuckles* Too much memories long haul years back.. Made me feel little tears how much I had been struggle ordeal through years in my past. Now everyone know who am I... Rest of my close case no more tale my story!

Hear ya! Here is proof, NOTHING TO DO with lazy, drunks, drug finks, etc. It can happen to anyone regardless.

Funny, preggy can have huge impact on your life just like mine! I am grateful that I got my girlfriend ooops preggy! At first, I thought it was disaster waiting to happen. But instead mircale happens and I don't know how I came out great!

Bullym0m said:
*sigh* Made me feel miserable and trying ignore this thread few past days from now...

So I willing open my heart and tell you everything when I was teenager..
I understand what Miss P just asking you everyones If suppose you become homeless.. as for your prepare? Of course I was..

Okay... uh um... let's start I say...
When I was teenager around I say 16 yrs old due my Adopt father was abused me several long haul years.. I decide escape from my parent home and trying to find shelter place to live. So I decide to sleep nearby the subway at Toronto, Ontairo. That where I used knowledge surrodings in Toronto subway because of my Dad working TTC (Toronto Trainist Commissioners) I used sleep Castle Frank Subway third of below that where safe place at... I was stayed there for few days later.. Somehow, My heart really needs a place to live and decide to visit CHS (Canadian Hearing Society) In Toronto, Ontario. I was made my mind up and wanted to talk directly intake worker whoever is available speak w/me very privately.. The Deaf lady recoglized me, and pull me into her office. I was open my hear to her everything what happend and etc etc.. She was kind break her heart and little tears and opened the telephone book *scratching written the paper pad* She gave me the paper that where Youth Shelter called "Under21 hostel shelter". I went there and giving out my idenitying etc etc then open welcomed me staying there for few months. The excellent Staff who helped me ordeal through lot and education me about "Living skills, and fininically(sp) start w/welfare." The staff help me through look into the newspaper and find a place for me.. Which start with Room and board cheaper rent place to stay. I was kind happy settled place to live but not happy being "sharing bathroom and kitchen" I kept patience long haul and trying to get a job part time.. my first job was Wendy resturant.. *wrapping foil around the potatoes* long hours... Kept me patience for while and decide quit my 1st job and moved another new 2nd job Crossiant assembly resturant... Trying my feet back on.. A year later, I decide to move another place out of province.. went greyhound bus along w/my hearing friends (wrong crowd)... went to British Columbia. I did send post card to my mother.. She was FREAK OUT and decide call police search me around until found me at the welfare office at British Columbia in Vancover. Send me back long way return home in Toronto,Ontario.. I saw my mother but why my father there!! My Dad gave me $$ then BYE!!!! My mom was little scared and worried 'bout me but Dad pull his wife away from me... Wha.. bastard DAD ? Least I have lot lot lot of money on my hands.. so start find a place to live again *within 1 hour found a place to live* Luckily I'm not near homeless.. So I stayed there for few months.. Unhappy.. decide to move Ottawa when I was about 20's and found an apartment Beechwood Avenue area... Pretty beautiful place out there and cheap rent an apartment.. I stayed there for 6 mos and decide move back to Toronto, Ontairo and to seeing my Deaf friend at Deaf Club... asked everyone who have available room for me? within 30 minz.. move w/my friend for temporary.. I applied for MTHA (low income housing) Careless I got pregnant.. Good thing right timing I move in 1 bedroom apartment.. I'm so very happy settled no more moving moving long haul different places to live.... Decide to leaving Toronto due reason my ex bf abused me... *FUK* happier living in London,Ontario... found Mr.Right guy (current my husband) *chuckles* Too much memories long haul years back.. Made me feel little tears how much I had been struggle ordeal through years in my past. Now everyone know who am I... Rest of my close case no more tale my story!

diehardbiker65 said:
Hear ya! Here is proof, NOTHING TO DO with lazy, drunks, drug finks, etc. It can happen to anyone regardless.

Funny, preggy can have huge impact on your life just like mine! I am grateful that I got my girlfriend ooops preggy! At first, I thought it was disaster waiting to happen. But instead mircale happens and I don't know how I came out great!

i guess homelessness can be a good thing or bad thing depending on the situation, however, it's mostly a bad thing.

i did met one guy who is really homeless. I talked with him asking him why he is homeless. The guy says homeless is best for him. He doesnt value money at all. he doesnt believe in money at all. He seemed proud to be homeless. For me I was never proud to be homeless at all. I feel embarrassed if i was.

This is very true! I have seen on 20/20 or something like that about homeless, especially in Alaska!!! There are plenty of homeless Alaskian refused to find place to live! I said WHOA! they must be outta of mind but, its their view, not mine.

RedWolf said:
i did met one guy who is really homeless. I talked with him asking him why he is homeless. The guy says homeless is best for him. He doesnt value money at all. he doesnt believe in money at all. He seemed proud to be homeless. For me I was never proud to be homeless at all. I feel embarrassed if i was.

wow, what a sad story, Bullym0m... what you have been through terrible experience. wow...

Yes, I aware it because those condition what you mention is exact same with my mother and sister, RedWolf. :(

My mother is an Alcoholic and my sister is drug addict/alcoholic have social assistance to live with but they prefer to live on the street. :(

My Dad pulled my sister out of street to put her to physical clinic dozen of times.

They felt that homeless is an "Adventure" to them and have friendly homeless people around who give her attention than stay lonely at social apartment.

We last saw our mother in 1995.
Nobody knows where she is now. My Aunt found her thru Social Department and know where she is and keep on inform us where she is. We accept the fact that she don't want do anything with us. She is still living on the street and collect money from Social Department. They can give her home but she is happy that way she is and like to sleep in the shelter to share with homeless... What a sad...

We last saw our mother in 1995.
Nobody knows where she is now. My Aunt found her thru Social Department and know where she is and keep on inform us where she is. We accept the fact that she don't want do anything with us. She is still living on the street and collect money from Social Department. They can give her home but she is happy that way she is and like to sleep in the shelter to share with homeless... What a sad...

How sad Liebling, that your mother doesn't want anything to do with her children. :( But, You are nothing compare to your mother, You're a wonderful mother to your boys and they are so lucky to have you in their lives. ;)

Cheri said:
How sad Liebling, that your mother doesn't want anything to do with her children. :( But, You are nothing compare to your mother, You're a wonderful mother to your boys and they are so lucky to have you in their lives. ;)

Thank you...

Yeah, I would never do that to my children what my mother did to me in the past... :( I really don't understand my one year younger sister...

Thank you...

Yeah, I would never do that to my children what my mother did to me in the past... :( I really don't understand my one year younger sister...

I'd NEVER EVER do anything like tht to my children. oh god it'd tear me to shreds! i'd kill myself b4 i would do that to my kids.

I've never been homeless, but my man has. Twice. His family tried to look for him (they say so) but no one tried really hard to find him. He was coming into Miami into an apt with 3 friends, but boom, no more apt! So he became homeless. No car, no money, no way back to Orlando, no job. He got himself situated though charitable organizations and stayed in the area to work. I met him at work and the rest is history.

During that history, We almost became homeless through his actions regarding the rent at our last place. Rent had risen at least $2OO at most apts in town. After chewing him out, I had no choice but to take the baby out of town and not look back. The guy needed to figure his life out. It was three months before he realized his priorities. Lucky for me that a relative had an empty house so I ended up renting it. He followed me over here, we moved on with life and a second baby. Life is now good. Whew.

I'd beg family for help to avoid becoming homeless. It is NOT great as some people claim to say. Freedom? You can get that and so on.

I will move in Oregon or California into the "no-where" forests with red woods and make a life out of it. At first I will go to San Fransisico and pick up all the coins that the people threw in the foundation water for the good lucks. If I had enough money to buy AX, a plastic shelter, and wool clothes and then I am good to go.

If it is too much for me and I would sell $1 dollar ABC to anyone that would buy. After making those money and things get bigger like upgrading selling to something like making crafts and then things get bigger until I am able to rent the apartment for a month and then get the job and then the things goes on.

If things cannot work and then I would have to buy a car and gun and move to Mexico and become a cop. Money comes from the coins around in the San Fransisico streets. You will find more than $300 dollar worth of coins around the SF street in a day.

There are many ways to get out of homeless life cycle. But many people are too lazy to do it or they don't want to.
Ha ha...more than $300. a day in coins off the street???? I don't think so.
Make a life out of living in redwoods??? lot of competition there buddy. Mostly lost potheads...lol
a cop in mexico....they just shake people down...basically it is just joining a gang
good luck

Ha ha...more than $300. a day in coins off the street???? I don't think so.
Make a life out of living in redwoods??? lot of competition there buddy. Mostly lost potheads...lol
a cop in mexico....they just shake people down...basically it is just joining a gang
good luck

Actually most potheads have homes. It was those who are meth and crack, heroin users who are mostly homeless.

The fastest growing population of homeless is not drug abusers, but families with children. A large percentage of those are mothers with children who have left an abusive relationship for the protection of themselves and their children, and have no where else to go. There is also a large population of people who are working every day, but due to underemployment, are unable to afford the cost of housing. There is also a significant number of homeless who are mentally ill.

Back