if $5 for gas price, would you take a walk, bicycle, scooter, subway, bus or.......

oh u lucky dog!...:lol:

the closest around the city where I live is @ 20 mi.....:eek3:
When I was in Rochester for college, the furthest place was Blockbuster Video... exactly 4 miles away. Everything else was within that range.

Whenever I was bored, I would just take a walk to the mall... Best Buy... Target... Wal-Mart... Blockbuster Video... then return home. It was actually refreshing. My legs didn't even get tired nor was I worn out the next day. The round trip to all of those places and back to my dorm was 10 miles.

I once did the whole thing with a friend of mine... in the middle of a blizzard. Fun! ;)

Back in the days of Rochester where i used to go to RIT/NTID. Only i usually commute with my roommates during my first/second years. As long i pay gas, good enough.

When i was first year of student, living out and in at Tower A (dorm) later i moved to DSP dorm.

Second year, i move to apartment called UC with my friends to be roommate, pretty much easy to bike or skateboard to several building like 7, 8, 14, Crossroad Cafe, Ritz, and others.

3rd year, following winter quarter, i moved back to california. During fall quarter, just resident in same UC apartment with my roommates.

Back in the days of Rochester where i used to go to RIT/NTID. Only i usually commute with my roommates during my first/second years. As long i pay gas, good enough.

When i was first year of student, living out and in at Tower A (dorm) later i moved to DSP dorm.

Second year, i move to apartment called UC with my friends to be roommate, pretty much easy to bike or skateboard to several building like 7, 8, 14, Crossroad Cafe, Ritz, and others.

3rd year, following winter quarter, i moved back to california. During fall quarter, just resident in same UC apartment with my roommates.
I know the feeling. I've lived in Building 30, Tower A, Tower B, Sol, Colony Manor, University Commons... and off-campus at Clearview Farms and Westbrooke Commons. :)

kansascitylightrail.org

:) They voted yes in 2006.

Looks like they may use the same Semiens rail cars like they use in Phoenix and in Houston, Texas.

Yes, But there are problems with City government. Right now Mayor said that city have lot of debt and they don't have money to start with light rail. Many people suggest why not start with one area then spread out to many area in future cheaper that way. Things have complicated right now. Oh well! I live in KS side and not my problem. It's KC MO problem..

Catty

you guys can buy scooter with 50cc - NO MOTORCYCLE LICENSE REQUIRED!

50cc is 30mph peewee. 250cc is for everyone!! LOL

So get a Motorcycle License!!

I prefer go for 250cc and I have Motorcycle permit for now till I pass the riding test. Motorcycle test is'nt hard!! Just grab a Motorcycle License Manual from License station then take your time to study. Take a test and if you pass then you get permit. Then find friends or relative have motorcycle that will help you take riding test. Once you passed then you got real license and be able to ride your own 250cc scooter.

Catty

I prefer go for 250cc and I have Motorcycle permit for now till I pass the riding test. Motorcycle test is'nt hard!! Just grab a Motorcycle License Manual from License station then take your time to study. Take a test and if you pass then you get permit. Then find friends or relative have motorcycle that will help you take riding test. Once you passed then you got real license and be able to ride your own 250cc scooter.

Catty

haha yea - I'm applying for free 3-days course offered by NJ. however 50cc sounds like a fun ride around the town. If I want some more oomph... then simply drive up to garage... and take off the cover... and then rev up a sweet superbike :cool2: ........... if i can afford it.....

haha yea - I'm applying for free 3-days course offered by NJ. however 50cc sounds like a fun ride around the town. If I want some more oomph... then simply drive up to garage... and take off the cover... and then rev up a sweet superbike :cool2: ........... if i can afford it.....

LOL, there are 650cc scooter too. My former co worker had 650cc Honda scooter. It can go over 100+ mph. His scooter looked sexy LOL. But our Local Union President test ride friend's scooter and wrecked it at the park (He was speeding through park road too fast and suddenly he veered off and crashed into the shrubs and trees). He had scar on his leg. My friend was sooooo pissed over it. Union president apologized and paid $3,500 (that's the total cost of new scooter) to replace the wrecked one.

Catty

Catty

I have to agree with you on this one... I'm on the verge of buying NINJA 250 (2008 model) it only cost $3500 I think the body is sexy. it goes 65 miles to the gallon.. and what's good..that bike is not *stupid* fast.. so I guess I can handle that one... link below to check it out.

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Detail.aspx?id=263

Riding on my goldwing!

For my job, if there is subway going there I would take subway, otherwise stuck with Motorcycle, and in Winter gas hig Jeep. grin

Yes, But there are problems with City government. Right now Mayor said that city have lot of debt and they don't have money to start with light rail. Many people suggest why not start with one area then spread out to many area in future cheaper that way. Things have complicated right now. Oh well! I live in KS side and not my problem. It's KC MO problem..

Catty

Ouch, that sucks! When they voted yes on the light rail here in Seattle back in 1997. We had it under construction in 2002.

tv news other day said it may hit 13 dollars per gallon by summer's end... I would shudder to think it would actually happen. I live 14 miles away from the nearest Walmart. less than 1/2 miles to the gas station. I need to move to city so can be closer to stores etc plus I need to buy a bicycle so i can ride around. :(

tv news other day said it may hit 13 dollars per gallon by summer's end... I would shudder to think it would actually happen. I live 14 miles away from the nearest Walmart. less than 1/2 miles to the gas station. I need to move to city so can be closer to stores etc plus I need to buy a bicycle so i can ride around. :(

If it will hit around $13 a gallon, why the gas prices aren't gaining much around here? It's been about the same price since for few days now. I think you probably were talking about other countries, not here in the US.

I don't have any choice; if I want to continue working, I must drive the car. There are no buses, trains, subways, trolleys, are car pools available to me. I can't ride a bike or moped on the interstate highway. Also, Hubby has no choice either. He drives a fully-equipped commercial work van, and there is no substitute for that.

I don't have any choice; if I want to continue working, I must drive the car. There are no buses, trains, subways, trolleys, are car pools available to me. I can't ride a bike or moped on the interstate highway. Also, Hubby has no choice either. He drives a fully-equipped commercial work van, and there is no substitute for that.

Try riding on tricycle on highway while cars whizzing by at 85mph. :rofl: J/K

I don't blame ya for being stuck with guzzlers. I too am stuck with two SUVs and still on payment, not even paid off yet. I don't want to trade in too cuz I don't want acclumate more debt added on the new loans if traded in for smaller car. So I'm pretty much in bind!! Drive it and swallow it. My friends were :eek3::jaw::jaw: over how much I pay for gas weekly on my Durango w/ 27 gal tank :lol:

Catty

I did consider moving to the city (urban) seriously, but after a long thinking that I wasn't about to give up my SUV for mass transit system (buses and HRT) full-time. I would probably feel left out around some whiny liberals in the city.

I have no choice... I HAVE to use car to drive to work daily... If I decide to take 2 buses to workplace which mean that I have to get up by 4.00 am and will take me 2 hours time to arrive work which is stress and hassle... It takes me 20 to 25 minutes drive to work with car. I would ride a bicycle to workplace which will takes me around one hour arrive there if both boys are adult and out of school but they are teenagers... I am still responsible for them is take care of them until they leave for get school bus then drive to work... because my hubby have to leave work by 5.45 am. (His work time changed last January 2008).

The caserne where I work will move to other caserne near my hometown this year which mean that it will take me 15 to 20 minutes to ride a bicycle to work during good weather. It would takes me 5 minutes drive there during bad weather.

Ouch, that sucks! When they voted yes on the light rail here in Seattle back in 1997. We had it under construction in 2002.

so lucky.. Bill Gates' probably picking up the tab... just so he can drive his Porsche with no rush hour traffic jams

Back