if $5 for gas price, would you take a walk, bicycle, scooter, subway, bus or.......

yagazn

Reaction score
or fly like a superman (no need gas right but you can smell gas in the air, if u know what I mean).

If over $5 dollars for gas price. So, would you take a walk, a bicycle, a scooter, a subway or a bus?.

In year 1997, me and my friend took a bus, that time we didn't have a car. we went to club until 2am. we were stuck because the bus closed in some area. we took a walk about 15 miles to my home. wow, that's a long walk. next day we got a sore legs.

I would take the subways if they are right by where I am located.

I would walk only if everything is so close. So sad that the United States cannot be anything like most places in Europe.

I would take subway but however we live in this stinky city don't provide it! :( NYC has a best transportation. SO does Los Angeles, too. So if it hit $5.00, then I'll ride a bike! I'll use Jeep to go doctor or babysit or work (can ride bike to work but however it is depend where and the weather, too) or grocery shopping, that's it!

I'm already applying for motorcycle license

I would prefer to take subway, light rail or streetcar as long it's close to my residence. That's the best option and it's attractive.

agreed! :thumb: I like trains of any kind...more smooth than bus! :giggle:
I would prefer to take subway, light rail or streetcar as long it's close to my residence. That's the best option and it's attractive.

I am already riding my bicycle due to the fact that gas prices are already
$ 4.75. Luckily that everything in town is only less than a mile.

I would keep driving - and keep on bitching about the prices. :(

I cannot take a bike because I have two small children. If I put them on the bike, they will evaporate into the sky because the heat index here is 120 degrees or more.

I cannot take a subway because the only subway around here is the restaurant Subway.

I cannot take a boat because I live in the freaking desert.

I cannot take a bus because it is too hard to carry two car seats ...and I worry about weirdos being near my kids.

I could walk with the kids, but by the time we get to the end of the sidewalk, the wheels of the stroller will have melted from the steamy sidewalks.

:( So, I'll take the car...and bitch, bitch, bitch about it to anyone who will listen!

Metro Areas need to revise its urban planning policy to revolve its lifestyle around public transportations.

I would keep driving - and keep on bitching about the prices. :(

I cannot take a bike because I have two small children. If I put them on the bike, they will evaporate into the sky because the heat index here is 120 degrees or more.

I cannot take a subway because the only subway around here is the restaurant Subway.

I cannot take a boat because I live in the freaking desert.

I cannot take a bus because it is too hard to carry two car seats ...and I worry about weirdos being near my kids.

I could walk with the kids, but by the time we get to the end of the sidewalk, the wheels of the stroller will have melted from the steamy sidewalks.

:( So, I'll take the car...and bitch, bitch, bitch about it to anyone who will listen!

sounds like you live in South-west.... nevada??

where in the world is deafbajagal..... <carmen sandiego theme song playing> :cool2:

carmenLogo.jpg

where in the world is deafbajagal..... <carmen sandiego theme song playing> :cool2:

carmenLogo.jpg

Oooooohhhh, I love that game, no wonder it is not around anymore :( I used to play that game all the time. I think I should go and find one on ebay now :lol:

Still driving and :pissed: over gas. I only live 13 miles from work and I could have ridden bike but I works night shift. My wife and my co worker doesn't want me to ride bike at night even the street are quiet. So I don't have much choice. If I have scooter on hand, I would happily ride to work rain or not.

Catty

Metro Areas need to revise its urban planning policy to revolve its lifestyle around public transportations.

Yep, that's what I really want. It's evolving quickly as we speak. The kids who grow up and find automobile isn't a good alternative and they ride public transit instead when they get older. Many cities around the US are adding many new rail transit lines, popping up kinda like wildfire.

Forgot to add that to my recent post.

In Greater Kansas City (Missouri and Kansas) area, We don't have subway and Trolley. They are really behind on public transit. The main transit is bus. There are no bus for me to ride to work and they're closed at nights. Many people are complaining that KC should have trolley (We used to have trolley back in 1920's to 1970's). They tore out trolley track in 1980's and now they regretted they should not have tore it out the first place.

Catty

Forgot to add that to my recent post.

In Greater Kansas City (Missouri and Kansas) area, We don't have subway and Trolley. They are really behind on public transit. The main transit is bus. There are no bus for me to ride to work and they're closed at nights. Many people are complaining that KC should have trolley (We used to have trolley back in 1920's to 1970's). They tore out trolley track in 1980's and now they regretted they should not have tore it out the first place.

Catty

kansascitylightrail.org

:) They voted yes in 2006.

Looks like they may use the same Semiens rail cars like they use in Phoenix and in Houston, Texas.

Back