Idea on how to fall asleep?

If ur a sufferer of tennitus...or musical tennitus (as I am)...the only thing I could suggest is to exhaust urself before trying to go to sleep....I've had many sleepless nights (as other AD'ers have too)...Perhaps something over the counter might help....as I'm not one to take sleeping pills.

Well, sometimes if I lay down for a short nap, I end up getting lucky, and sleeping for a good long while, which allows me to wake up feeling refreshed and in better shape.

Dreamer....you a male or female?

Male....yep, pull out that little pecker and open the floodgate. You know how women complain that their guys roll over and fall asleep as soon as the beans are spilled?

Female....sorry, can't help you there....40-plus years, and I still can't figure 'em out, other than the fact that they need to talk....can you find someone that is willing to listen to you for hours?

One suggestion that has worked on the women I've known.....find someone to do a light whole-body massage on you in the dark, and put the covers on you after you drift off....or, invite over the most boring person you know, and let that person talk you to sleep...

:laugh2:

Well, sometimes if I lay down for a short nap, I end up getting lucky, and sleeping for a good long while, which allows me to wake up feeling refreshed and in better shape.

That's good...but some people work or go to school,,even have kids. So a nap might not be feasible for all....and I found out the hard way as I took a nap around 6PM, was feeling so sleepy...and slept until 8PM...and was awake all night long....next day, felt sluggish and my sleeping pattern was off....

That's good...but some people work or go to school,,even have kids. So a nap might not be feasible for all....and I found out the hard way as I took a nap around 6PM, was feeling so sleepy...and slept until 8PM...and was awake all night long....next day, felt sluggish and my sleeping pattern was off....

Good thing I don't have kids, then, cause I'm a night owl. I'm usually asleep at this time, but had to make an exception

Yeah. Im going to work today. But later on i will try someother ways. It tends to happen a lot but usually i dont feel too tierd or moodu.

I've found that if I do some form of exercise during the afternoon it wears me out and by the time it's night I'm ready to fall asleep.

So you might want to at least do some kind of 20 minute cardio like jumping jacks, pushups, or whatever you can do.

Easy... Watch movie or play games on iPad or read book before u go bed it will make u feel tired oh don't I mention chatting on vp does make me tired faster lol ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The National Electric Code, just a few minutes reading it and I am out every time. You might as well be up to date and get the 2014 version. It is good for three years of mind stunning boredom until the next edition. It is kind of spendy tho Dreamer but the spinoff can be a good paying job in the electrical industry.

Last edited:
read something really boring! I remember last semester, reading the government text book make me sleepy.

hammer??? Just kidding don't even think about it!! :P

I was going to say that too as joke .

If the OP watch TV or use the computer at night they should stop doing this about a hour before going to bed . And don't drink any caffeine drinks . I find taking a nice warm shower before relaxing , a warm bath would help too.

Mark is right. Im a woman and im 20. Ive tried most of these. Except maybe the warm milk cuz im lactose intolerant and another method here that umm....makes m e feel really awkward. A dew days ago i went to sleep clinic thing. Guess what they toldme...you have insomia...i was like...thanks for telling me something i dobt know!!!

I had insomnia really bad when I was younger and I had acupuncture treatments and that really helped me sleep better.

I juat came back from work..i do thibk ill tey to nap see what works for me. If nit there is always that hammer hanging around.

Mod note:

Trainman's post is moved into this thread. :)

Hey now be careful dude I don't think Mark will appreciate you giving his secrets away!!! :cool2:

*brushes shoulders* Secrets? What secrets? I've not got anything to hide. I'm quite the open-minded person, but no one has yet seen the thing, and no one ever will. :D

*brushes shoulders* Secrets? What secrets? I've not got anything to hide. I'm quite the open-minded person, but no one has yet seen the thing, and no one ever will. :D

Except Rosey and her 5 sisters?!?!?!? :naughty:

Back