I have a question and would like some feedbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
ckfarbes, my post was also removed sometimes but I respect AD's rule. I do is correct my mistake next time.

Everyone learn the mistakes but they can correct their mistakes next time is normal.

You do not need to upset over that.

I see nothing wrong that you share your opinion with us here when you agree to disagree with us respectful instead of bashing/insult other members disrespectly.

Great thread, Cheri!

Sure, I’m not an expert or make up the stories etc but I make my post here or other forums when I know and what I see and what I feeling etc.

One thing it bother me total is when the people runs to googles to prove others the wrong in the public to make them feel stupid and small because others estimate their opinion and feeling from what they NOTICE and KNOW and SAW. The people do not accept/beleive their opinions because they said that googles are their best friends or googles are an expert etc. Would you feel like that when they said this to you?

I would not run to googles to prove you the wrong but show you the websites with respect way instead of ignore your opinion and make you stupid and feel small in the public. That’s what it make the people feel being “failure” and can’t open their opinion in their posts anymore after that happened.

I believe is discussion until agree to disagree respectful way and also share our opinions here respectful.

You must have known that the studies in every websites have different estimation or opinions. Example of many is: circumcise v non-circumcise or CI users v non-CI users, also example about Kuiji75’s post etc etc etc.

It also bother me total when somebody call non-CI users’s post as “misleading”, or “misinformation” because they don’t’ want to believe former CI users etc but think they are an expert and don’t believe other stories but stick their websites etc.

Like what Vampy, Magstau and Meg said: “Respect each other is a most important”

I am not sure if it is ok for me to post the offtopic but I believe this post require the response.
Tousi said:
Someone said that we are entitled to our opinions, right or wrong. Now if someone thinks an opinion is "wrong" because of misinformation, non-factual things, or thru naivette, then expect to hear about it! Isn't that how we evolve and learn?
In perfect world, it does make sense but we are not in perfect world, that is virtually impossible.

How can you define 'wrong'? For example, I think certain party is misinformed by the biased news and others. Yet that certain party think I am misinformed by so-called 'liberal' media. 'New Europe' topic is another good example, I took a look at other community (Yes, I found it, thanks to one of AD member) and their misinformed posts amazed me.

I don't know if we are able to define 'misinformation' or not nowaday. In old times, we probably can but not present.

Tousi said:
Oh so now I get the twin barrels from the blondes now when I was only trying to have us come to an understanding?

I apologize, I didn't mean to ....

If you see someone coming in with the wrong information repeatedly, you ignore them? Like hell, let the cancer grow, huh?

Once you respond to someone who coming in with the wrong information repeatedly, will likely respond back to you with the wrong information over and over like there's no ending to it....Like I said above it better to ignore the person otherwise, don't expect this person to turn around and see the real fact of what you are hoping to see....The only reason the cancer grow is because you keep responding back to this someone who keeps repeatedly the same chit over and over....so, it wise enough to ignore that person, then it wouldn't cause soo much headaches!..

the name calling, etc, ad nauseaum, you talk about is greatly exaggerated and you would see that too if you wanted to. Sure, people get a little heated but not to the extend y'all say.....

I'm aware of that Tousi...

Last edited:
ckfarbes said:
.."^Angel^, i do completely understand you are on cheri's side which is your sister. I have no compliants. because I do nothing with you, i did not put your name on this! move on and enjoy with alldeaf's forums..

Honestly, you got it all wrong, that's not what I was doing, the only thing I was trying to do was show you the reason why your post was removed in that thread ' Name One Thing '....are you aware that you're not the only one , mine was removed also as the others were as well...am I complaining? no , because what I did was wrong by going off the topic too, and I should have respected the person who create the thread no matter who it may be.....As far as being a member here, I have had my share of posts being removed, and I'm not blaming it on anyone here.....I was only explaining to you , no harm done here...:)

Last edited:
Yes, Liebling:)))

Some people believe that 'Googles' are the facts for everything. some believe that gay is disease because googles say so :-o it's like Googles are their best friend and helped them with getting the facts when Googles not always based on facts There are other websites have mention things the other way around. Some people uses Googles as getting their point across, to make everyone else wrong and Google's right. :sure:

not an expert!

i don't know who cares to read this post because i almost never post because i know for a fact i'm not an expert on any of these topics...1) because of my life's inexperience, 2) because i'm hard of hearing, not deaf or hearing, 3) can't get on AD frequently, 4) post even less frequently, 5) have trouble getting up to speed on the threads i find interesting where i'd like to post. and while these may sound like excuses, one of the largest reasons i'm so intimidated to post is because i'm afraid of sounding like an idiot.

hear me out now, because i'm going out on a limb to type this...and please understand and respect this post because i'm not trying to say that i think this is how it is for everyone all of the time, this has just been my experience...

i've been diagnosed hoh for the past 4-5 years. In those years I've taken ASL classes, gone to Deaf community events and learned as much as i could about Deaf culture. however, because of that, my hearing family and friends sometimes treat me like an expert, asking me a lot of questions that i don't know the answers to...even the answers i do know, i'm not sure i know enough about to actually tell them, so i try to let them know that there are better sources (specifically Deaf people or publications).

now this is with my family and friends...in the Deaf community, they understand how little I know and would never go to me first for any information concerning Deaf culture or sign language.

regarding this, a person may consider themselves an expert becausely other people treat them as such. as much as we need to respect other's opinions, i don't think anyone should allow another person to live in ignorance, assuming that they already know everything there is to know. there's always more to learn, maybe not technically, but there are so many different points of view that people never go into that need to be shared.

sorry if i offended anyone with this, but i figured this is as good a post as any. thanks for hearing me out, and if you have any advice as how to deal with the situation with my family and friends, i'd greatly appreciate the help.

thanks for now...maybe i'll even post again soon! hope you all had a happy thanksgiving.

ckfarbes said:
I aint here to tryign to be defence myself against this.. I aint looking for myself-defence or any defence. I don't care whatever you put something the words against me. because i aint go looking for troublemake to cause this or other topics.. I expect me to be respect and share their various topics. i expect all advers have pleasure and share eachothers with their emotions, thoughts, and speakings for their opportunity!

:gives: ? Magatsu, Are you trying to embarrass me what you dont get my point? i ain't embarrass at all in anyway.. So, me neither, I dont get what is your asking speicfic whichever you fail to see my point..
*sigh* And yet you ask us why we were concerned about other people's opinions. Your post shows that you actually take my comments and opinions into account. Or is your talk just -- talk? :roll: Where did I say that I want to embarrass you? You made a wrong assumption, 'pal'. Anyway, thank you for proving my point when I conducted a test on you in my other post.

TiaraPrincess said:
Look at political threads too. Everyone calling the other ones stupid because they believe in Bush. Come on there......If I was stupid, then my life would have been messed up because I make stupid choices.

I was in another forum where I was the only one for Bush. Someone came in after election to say to Bush voters that they'll see how wrong we were in the next 4 years. WTF? How can someone be so evil being a bigot for Democracy? I knew something like that would happen. You know, there's always an a-s every once in awhile.
Well, you are not only alone in that case. I have the same problem with Bush voters at different community where people constantly complained about Bill Clinton and how evil John Kerry is. Blah blah. You know the rest. There is a site (probably more than just one) where are plently of shallow-threats and full of hatred remarks toward liberals and democrats who fights for freedom and rights (especially women's rights). One friend of mine, moderate republican had enough with these hatred comments, he made a suggestion for them to stop these 'hatred' comments and get busy with some political activities to improve America. They decide to make a new thread to make fun of and to insult that moderate republican (They still do ever since Nov 4th, can you imagine?) You are indeed right about WTF comment.

I will say that again, you are not only alone in that case. We are suffering by these too.

Last edited:
You made a very good point there Ktdid2 and another thing I wanted to add is, never be scare to think you may sound like an idiot...I for one is here to listen to both sides, no one is better than the other, everyone is entitled to their opinions no matter what.....We are here to learn from eachother, you are more than welcome to post in any threads you would like to, and we're not here to judge you in any way!

I hope to see you more around here in AD!

Ktdid2, good post! :thumb:

Don't worry about others if they will think you do sound like an idiot or not. I am sure that half or more than half of this community think that I am sounding like an idiot... I do not care, I am here to share my opinions and facts as much as I can, I am not here to make some friends. Battle of wits (or stupidity in some case) is fun ;)

Aw well, I would love to make some friends with some of people around here but I cannot expect anything from this community (actually any internet 'medium' such as community, IRC, AIM, etc). That's what I am trying to say :/

I cannot afford to be disappoint when my efforts to make some friends thru internet 'medium' fail or not to be success. I literally leave it up to 'air' to make it happen or not. If it does happen then I am going for it!

^Angel^ :hug:

Thats why i dont express my opinions or anything anymore in here...some people take it too personally and too damn argumentive so i just zip it...heh!

Sorry if i sound too blunt but thats the darn truth!
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! :)

Defee said:
Thats why i dont express my opinions or anything anymore in here...some people take it too personally and too damn argumentive so i just zip it...heh!

Same goes for other forums too; people out there do take posts too personal.

Defee said:

In fact, that is common in everywhere. People have to show where they stand instead of give in to these people, once you did, people will use that against you. I learned to shrug these comments off and counter back with my comments or ignore. Liebling's CI topic is a good example, I stopped posting or read when things are getting out of control or too heated but topics in here is better than other communities, that's one thing I appreciate about AD. There will be people who will try to make a fool out of you... there will be people who will try to support you or be on your side or make a point out of your comments.

The key is: Be yourself. It happens in everywhere. That's Crab Theory for you. I also agree with you.

Cheers.

I have been here for short time and I did not notice any of them as I have with other forums. Pleasant to be here. I will be more careful with what I say here and hope no one here misunderstood me.

Could it be?

I suspect that I am the person Cheri is directing her post at - she's said virtually the same thing directly to me.

In my defense, I do my best to allow free expression of any view, no matter how bizzarre, stupid, or morally enraging, so long as it's not a threat or verbal attack. (I guess I'm not supposed to give out my forum name, but I think y'all all know me, and my forum - if you don't, ask anyone else)

Also, I'll challenge anyone to show me when I've ever told someone they couldn't give their opinion.

I think the problem is that some folks seem to think that 'freedom of speech' means that they can speak their mind, and if you disagree, you need to 'respect their opinion' by not speaking out loud.

That's asenine and hypocritical.

I firmly believe:

I. Everyone has a right to their opinion.
II. Everyone else has the right to disagree with that opinion.

As for discouraging folks from 'googling' facts off the internet when discussing issues - GIVE ME A BREAK!

If you have a bona-fide FACT that can prove my opinion wrong, PLEASE share it with me! Letting someone wallow in their own stupidity is the greater offense!

For the record - this is also why I encourage folks at my forum to actually give the name of someone they're talking about, cuts down on the confusion!

Dale said:
I suspect that I am the person Cheri is directing her post at - she's said virtually the same thing directly to me.

In my defense, I do my best to allow free expression of any view, no matter how bizzarre, stupid, or morally enraging, so long as it's not a threat or verbal attack. (I guess I'm not supposed to give out my forum name, but I think y'all all know me, and my forum - if you don't, ask anyone else)

Also, I'll challenge anyone to show me when I've ever told someone they couldn't give their opinion.

I think the problem is that some folks seem to think that 'freedom of speech' means that they can speak their mind, and if you disagree, you need to 'respect their opinion' by not speaking out loud.

That's asenine and hypocritical.

I firmly believe:

I. Everyone has a right to their opinion.
II. Everyone else has the right to disagree with that opinion.

As for discouraging folks from 'googling' facts off the internet when discussing issues - GIVE ME A BREAK!

If you have a bona-fide FACT that can prove my opinion wrong, PLEASE share it with me! Letting someone wallow in their own stupidity is the greater offense!

For the record - this is also why I encourage folks at my forum to actually give the name of someone they're talking about, cuts down on the confusion!

I remember you from other forum, and you were not very nice to me. But then I get to know you and it is who you are and I accept it.

jazzy said:
I remember you from other forum, and you were not very nice to me. But then I get to know you and it is who you are and I accept it.
Jazzy-

I believe it's more important for a forum owner to be fair than nice.

Since I'm just a member here, let me please apologize if I ever offended you - I never meant to offend you or anyone else!

Dale said:
Jazzy-

I believe it's more important for a forum owner to be fair than nice.

Since I'm just a member here, let me please apologize if I ever offended you - I never meant to offend you or anyone else!

I agree with Dale, it's important that he be fair to all of his members. Which he is to begin with, I know he wouldn't intentionally offend people. But if he truly believes in something, he'll let you know even if it is the most offensive thing you've heard in your entire life.

But on the bright side, he let you speak your mind instead of restricting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back