I have a question and would like some feedbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a question to ask, How do you feel when a person in a forum any forum that told you only people who allow to voice their opinion are the ones who experienced or experts on everything?

I would like your opinion on this. :D

I think anyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, there are limits because people should not express their opinion too strongly in an unreasonable and/or repetitive manner.

(FYI: am slightly drunk as I type this so I may regret it tomorrow am! :cheers: )

Anyway: If a person is truly an expert in an issue because they have direct experience with it, then by all means, they should post. However, some :bj: who tries to pass off unfounded shit as "expert advice" should be strung up on to a tree and left to hang with people walking by going :fu2:

Cheri said:
I have a question to ask, How do you feel when a person in a forum any forum that told you only people who allow to voice their opinion are the ones who experienced or experts on everything?

I would like your opinion on this. :D
I believe you were speaking of me due to my post in other topic?

Anyway, I am not a expert and never will claim that I am a expert. As Vampy said, I am entitled to my opinions but I tend to be 'too honest' with people. I am well-know for being so blunt with people to get my point across... but I believe you are the one who asked me about one thing in other topic, it made me realize how bluntly I am in one of topic. From now, I am determine to be careful with what I am going to say. I don't like to give anyone the mixed messages but I believe I did it in wrong way, I mean too blunt. Nasty habit.

I believe everyone is entitled to their opinions. After all no one is same, that's what is so interesting part about humans.

Last edited:
Magatsu said:

Anyway, I am not a expert and never will claim that I am a expert. As Vampy said, I am entitled to my opinions but I tend to be 'too honest' with people. I am well-know for being so blunt with people to get my point across... but I believe you are the one who asked me about one thing in other topic, it made me realize how bluntly I am in one of topic. From now, I am determine to be careful with what I am going to say. I don't like to give anyone the mixed messages but I believe I did it in wrong way, I mean too blunt. Nasty habit.

I believe everyone is entitled to their opinions. After all no one is same, that's what is so interesting part about humans.
Honestly, I am not speaking of you. It has nothing to do with you, cross my heart. ;) Actually you have made real good points in your posts in AllDeaf. You never once mention you were an expert.

Cheri,

I think I know what you're talking about here, and I believe everyone is entitled to their opinions no matter what....They do not have to live in someone shoes to understand it, doesn't need to know all the real facts, the truth, or experiences it, etc....

For example: I had read a post somewhere ( not going to name it ) about a hearing girl posted her opinion on about a Deaf man who was complaining about a job that didn't hire him cause of his Deafness, he was sitting there and complaining about it over and over, so she told him to find a job elsewhere instead of sitting there whinning about it etc...well after she had posted that, everyone else jumped all over her and told her she had no right to post anything in that thread because she is NOT Deaf....I thought that was unfair and uncalled for, she had every right to post her opinion, it doesn't matter if she is Deaf or NOT...I thought the whole thing was soo ridiculous...

I still believe EVERYONE is entitled to their opinions no matter if they're right or wrong period!!!

Last edited:
:ugh: I felt like she was talking about me about cochlear implants. Okay, I feel I have read a TON about it that I have such strong opinions. There are times that I feel it's very one sided that I like to provide my points. Sometimes it's true that a person know a lot more when you go through it. To have no say because you did not experience it is wrong. It's important not to exaggerate or say something really stupid as an opinion because it has no point. There are times that I am afraid that people who read them will not get all the sides to think about in a debate or whatever it is. It's important that a person leaves the forum or other places well informed.

Thanks for those of your feedbacks.

Obviously people aren't going to agree all the time, But dealing with disagreement in a civilized matters is good. And what ticks me off the most that some folks really feel it is necessary to tell us what we can post or what we cannot post because, we do not have experienced or experts on everything. Others may jump in for one side or the other. There does hit a point where it starts to become personal for them.

Just agree to disagree, it makes a world a better place correct? Overall respect their opinions, their beliefs and their feelings. If a thread is open to discussion and you post, You get bullied, pushed or shoved until someone ready to take a permanent hike, Just because you or I do not agree on the same issue doesn't make any of us wrong or right it just make us have different beliefs that's all. It's a shame that some Administration or Moderators at another forum picking favoritism.

TiaraPrincess said:
:ugh: I felt like she was talking about me about cochlear implants.
Please do not think I am talking about you ok? I am only making an open thread just for feedbacks and am not pointing fingers at anyone in AllDeaf. :D

Huh!? mmmm...

My topic represents only my interpretation, understanding, or opinion. Do not take anything I say as official or necessarily true.

this made me wondering why the Heck in you worry folks 's opinion on different topics.. that what is people person who have speaking of their mind on this varies of topics.. simple answer is, respect and listen their emotions, opinions, feedbacks for their opporunity to share others...

BTW, Cheri, Another day, You took my post off from your tread for no reason..((((cough))) excuxe me, i better getta go... enjoy stay!

ckfarbes said:
My topic represents only my interpretation, understanding, or opinion. Do not take anything I say as official or necessarily true.

this made me wondering why the Heck in you worry folks 's opinion on different topics.. that what is people person who have speaking of their mind on this varies of topics.. simple answer is, respect and listen their emotions, opinions, feedbacks for their opporunity to share others...
As you see, it is a matter of 'respect' as you mentioned. Hence why Cheri created this topic: to find out and so people can share their concerns & worries based on 'respect'. I believe it is good for people to be worry or concern about others, it shows that they do care or respect for others. After all, it is one of human qualities.

Sorry, I just fail to see your point. *shrugs* in any case, have a nice thanksgiving.

Last edited:
BTW, Cheri, Another day, You took my post off from your tread for no reason..((((cough))) excuxe me, i better getta go... enjoy stay!
I am sorry I do not have any idea what you are talking about. I for one cannot remove anyone's posts. Only the Moderators allow to do so. And I did not ask them to do it. You could ask them all I care. I am just being honest here. :D

Great thread here Cheri and good question!

ive seen some posts where ppl THINKS theyre the "expert" in various topic discussions everywhere on various forums -- they do happen and it will continue to happen unfortunately -- what we can really do is to ignore those people who likes to go around posting as if they were "experts" in the topic of discussion

:hug: Cheri

Cheri, I'm not quite sure what you mean and asking for from us. But yes I've seen people telling others that they cannot voice their opinions or thoughts on a topic because they have never been there before.

Experience does give depth to our opinions but it doesn't mean we suddenly become experts. For instance, I have a cochlear implant but I'm not an expert so I don't tell these anti ci users off but try to explain from my perspective.

What really bothers me the most is name calling. In some instances, I share my opinions then some ad folks call me names. Its uncalled for.

No one is right or wrong.
We agree to disagree with respect.

If someone tells you they re experts not you, Cheri........ignore them. Believe in yourself and its all that counts.

But yes I've seen people telling others that they cannot voice their opinions or thoughts on a topic because they have never been there before.
Yep exactly, telling us we cannot post because, we know nothing about a topic, or stated "There is no freedom of speech here." It's like telling you "not to say what's on your mind". :ugh: When every one are entitled to their own opinion.;)

Someone said that we are entitled to our opinions, right or wrong. Now if someone thinks an opinion is "wrong" because of misinformation, non-factual things, or thru naivette, then expect to hear about it! Isn't that how we evolve and learn?

Tousi said:
Someone said that we are entitled to our opinions, right or wrong. Now if someone thinks an opinion is "wrong" because of misinformation, non-factual things, or thru naivette, then expect to hear about it! Isn't that how we evolve and learn?
This is not what my thread is all about. Please re-read my thread again. :D

I responded to a line from Angel above in this topic.

Oh and by the way, the "no freedom of speech here" line was very obviously sarcasm; sorry you missed it.

Have a nice Thanksgiving....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back