I gots good news

ladycaissa

Reaction score
I just found out that I got approved for the cochlear implant by insurance. Now all needs to be done is paperwork and schedule the surgery.

:dance: Yay! :dance:

Surgery Date

It's now official date is set in stone. May 19th. I will be activated May 21th.

Wow!! I didn't realize they can now activate so soon after surgery.That's amazing!

The doctor says that the only reason it's so soon is due to the fact that he only creates a small scar. He also does not require you to shave your head. Which is a bonus for me because I am getting married in August.

Congratulations!!!! I hope you have great success with your new CI. I am curious, do you use ASL now as a first language?

No my first language is spoken english. I grew up with hearing aids.

I actually did not learn Sign Language till I was in Kindergarden. I actually taught myself how to by comparing the sign that the interpreter signed to the english word the teacher said.

I still speak orally. I rarely sign, nobody around here is deaf so it's sort of pointless.

It's now official date is set in stone. May 19th. I will be activated May 21th.

No my first language is spoken english. I grew up with hearing aids.

I actually did not learn Sign Language till I was in Kindergarden. I actually taught myself how to by comparing the sign that the interpreter signed to the english word the teacher said.

I still speak orally. I rarely sign, nobody around here is deaf so it's sort of pointless.

Wow! Did you have any connection to the Deaf community when you were little? I will be thinking of you when you go to surgery and sending my best wishes and prayers.

Wow! Did you have any connection to the Deaf community when you were little? I will be thinking of you when you go to surgery and sending my best wishes and prayers.

When I was in kindergarden to about second grade I had connection to the deaf community. Not too much. After second grade, I didn't because my mom moved us,which meant a different school.

Thanks for your best wishes and prayers.

Is there any thing extra I need to be aware of the surgery? Is there a book out there that explains the process of getting a CI and how to deal with the mapping process?

Back