I broke Adam's HA!!! :( :(

As long as the point of attachment that the earhook (not tubing from EM) is intact, then they should just be able to put a new hook on, reattach the earmold and call it a day.

that's what broke off... it's the little piece that actually pops into the aid... (I'm looking at a mock up they gave me of his HA and thinking HOW did I do that??) I'm worried it's lodged in there nicely so they'll have to send it out... :(

that's what broke off... it's the little piece that actually pops into the aid... (I'm looking at a mock up they gave me of his HA and thinking HOW did I do that??) I'm worried it's lodged in there nicely so they'll have to send it out... :(

What manufacturer is Adam wearing? (Sorry if it was already stated) Most are screw on or held in with a pin. Oticon uses a ball and socket type connection and if snapped off at the ball and that stays in the aid then it's a little work to get it out but it can be done.

What manufacturer is Adam wearing? (Sorry if it was already stated) Most are screw on or held in with a pin. Oticon uses a ball and socket type connection and if snapped off at the ball and that stays in the aid then it's a little work to get it out but it can be done.

Yeah it's an Oticon vigo pro... :( ball and socket THAT's the right word!!! THANK YOU!!! Hopefully they worked on it today... since the Audi isn't in :(
THANKS for the encouragement :) :) At least I know it can be done :) :)

All fixed!!!

YAY the Audi had to make up time today for the snow days so she was at the school... YAY!!! Adam's hearing aid is FIXED... however I have enjoyed hearing the stories about other 'issues' accidents, etc... I feel much better about it!!!

THANK YOU!!!! :hug:

haha, Well, My mom told me a story about when i was maybe 4 years old, i had just gotten my first pair of new hearing aids. I DID NOT LIKE IT. And She told me that when i was 4, I hid my hearing aids under a chair, and my mom couldn't find it one time and finally found it. And my mom thank god that the dog didn't eat the hearing aid. and when i was 8 years old, we used to go to michigan for the summer for about 2 weeks. and, we'd go to the beach. And I forgot to take off my hearing aids. And I thought that i was hearing again because i thought i didn't have my hearing aids on. When i got out of the beach, my mom and dad was shouting, panicking about my hearing aid. and i realized i have it on. and my dad grabbed my hearing aids and ran into a cabin and my mom grabbed a hairdryer to dry my hearing aids but she took the batteries out first.

THANK YOU... (I tend to agree!)
That could be your ultimate defense for anything you did wrong.

If you do something wrong and someone else gets upset, immediately grab your little kid as if you need to give him attention... then have him give his best cute face.

No one can get mad at that. ;)

YAY! Hearing Aids are fixed again!!!!!!! :h5:

So glad it was able to get fixed sooner :) Jamie

Very mad! I was kept in the mainstream and promptly given new hearing aids since mine were still covered by insurance.

Jenny to me that sounds like punishment-- if you that unhappy~~ I'm sorry you had to endure that :( :hug:

(I can see Adam doing something like this, but just b/c he'd be curious about what would happen to them LOL)

haha, Well, My mom told me a story about when i was maybe 4 years old, i had just gotten my first pair of new hearing aids. I DID NOT LIKE IT. And She told me that when i was 4, I hid my hearing aids under a chair, and my mom couldn't find it one time and finally found it. And my mom thank god that the dog didn't eat the hearing aid. and when i was 8 years old, we used to go to michigan for the summer for about 2 weeks. and, we'd go to the beach. And I forgot to take off my hearing aids. And I thought that i was hearing again because i thought i didn't have my hearing aids on. When i got out of the beach, my mom and dad was shouting, panicking about my hearing aid. and i realized i have it on. and my dad grabbed my hearing aids and ran into a cabin and my mom grabbed a hairdryer to dry my hearing aids but she took the batteries out first.

I know sometimes that works w/Cellphones that get wet-- did it fix your HA's?? (See I need to learn these tricks... )

That could be your ultimate defense for anything you did wrong.

If you do something wrong and someone else gets upset, immediately grab your little kid as if you need to give him attention... then have him give his best cute face.

No one can get mad at that. ;)

Vampy, that's a wonderful idea!!! Especially if he smiles real big or hands you his blanky b/c he wants you to hold him... even I can't resist that!!

YAY! Hearing Aids are fixed again!!!!!!! :h5:

So glad it was able to get fixed sooner :) Jamie

ME TOO!!! of course when we got home-- he tried to eat it!! Figures I get it fixed and he tries something else!! Sneaky lil devil!! :evil:

ME TOO!!! of course when we got home-- he tried to eat it!! Figures I get it fixed and he tries something else!! Sneaky lil devil!! :evil:

I took off and showed my hearing aids to my co-worker (25 years old) who has never seen them before and his response?

"The inside part looks so chewy."

Maybe people have a need to chew on the molds when they first see them? :lol:

I took off and showed my hearing aids to my co-worker (25 years old) who has never seen them before and his response?

"The inside part looks so chewy."

Maybe people have a need to chew on the molds when they first see them? :lol:

:lol: yeah the audi said so many of the kids come in w/teeth marks on theirs b/c they chew them like gum!! Guess he's just using all his senses!! LOL

That cracks me up though that someone at 25 would even THINK the same thing! LOL

My puppy just chewed my CI controller. Still works, still fine, just a couple teeth marks.

When I was young, I had no problem leaving the HAs on while at school, but as soon as my mom picks me up, I would throw them down the stairs. Mom and I were in the lower class, so she cannot really afford HAs. Luckily, the school pays for them. It was several years of throwing down the steps before it finally died.

I also have forgotten my HAs in when I was jumping in the pool. It still worked after drying up.

I have purposely given my HAs to my father's dog when I was younger because I wanted to get new ones...and the damn thing still WORKED!

My cats really like licking my earmolds...very weird. :)

My puppy just chewed my CI controller. Still works, still fine, just a couple teeth marks.

When I was young, I had no problem leaving the HAs on while at school, but as soon as my mom picks me up, I would throw them down the stairs. Mom and I were in the lower class, so she cannot really afford HAs. Luckily, the school pays for them. It was several years of throwing down the steps before it finally died.

I also have forgotten my HAs in when I was jumping in the pool. It still worked after drying up.

I have purposely given my HAs to my father's dog when I was younger because I wanted to get new ones...and the damn thing still WORKED!

My cats really like licking my earmolds...very weird. :)
My analog hearing aid lasted me 13 years. It went through a lot...

- jumped in the pool with it on
- wore it during active sports where I sweated a lot
- left it in a tennis court where it rained overnight before finding it the next day
- dropped it in some parking lot where it rained overnight before finding it the next day
- chewed on by my sister's dog
- got in the shower with it on
- hit in the ear by a soccer ball while wearing it
- hit in the ear by a football while wearing it

... and it still survived.

I know sometimes that works w/Cellphones that get wet-- did it fix your HA's?? (See I need to learn these tricks... )

yes it does fix hearing aids, but you have to get it quickly dried as soon as possible so it wont get ruined. But you always, ALWAYS must take out the batteries first. Get a hair dryer and put it on high and fast drying. And then if it seems like it is dry, put in a new battery not the old one that got wet, it would not help at all and will probably ruin the hearing aid inside the battery holder of the hearing aid, turn it on and see if it will squeal. its a test to see if its ok. then if you have a box that keeps the hearing aids clean, put it in there for a couple of hours. a dry box looks like this:
Dry&Store%20Global.jpg

That dry box is what i have right now. You should get one if you dont have one. It keeps your hearing aids cleaner and helps keep the moisture air out. And helps you hear better.

Here's the URL link to the hearing aids dryer that my parents got for me:

Dry & Store Hearing Aid Conditioning System - Dry & Store Products

I recommend you get it if you dont have one. It helps and it helps alot after you use the dryer to dry the hearing aid ASAP. It will be very handy and plus if you have pets they cant get it out and chew on it anyways if you leave it on a table or a counter. Hope that helps!

Back