I broke Adam's HA!!! :( :(

Adamsmomma

Reaction score
:cry:Ok Adam has a 'chord' to keep his HA"s on so we don't loose them when he jerks them out... so this morning afer getting him up and letting him start playing I went to put his 'ears' in... and I guess I tugged on the aid itself too hard to get it out of his chord-- Was just going to put his Right one in, and was going to change chords-- to the single one-- well it BROKE--- right where the hard plastic tube goes into the 'aid'... I think I fixed it for the moment w/some medical tape... I'm just going to have to watch it carefully so I don't loose it..until Monday when he goes back to school and the Audi can send it to Oticon to fix it...

I'm just really upset :mad: ... I wouldn't be as upset if it were his Left one, that's his profound ear and I don't FORCE him to wear it (he eats it more than wears it! LOL) but it's his 'moderate' ear...

AAACCCKKK thank Goodness we're still in our 1 yr warr. period!!

Thanks for letting me vent!!! :D

Here's a :hug: for you... Feel free to vent as much as you want! I'm sure you're not the only one needing to do this every once in a while. That's why the message board is here :giggle:

Please keep us posted whether Oticon was able to fix it. I can't give you advice on that *sorry*

Jamie

U will have many more incidents of broken or lost hearing aids/molds in the years to come. Almost all of us, deaf people, have funny stories about our HAs getting damaged/lost/stolen. :D

And some not so funny if we did it ourselves and cost our parents lots of money. :P

And some not so funny if we did it ourselves and cost our parents lots of money. :P

At the moment it is never funny but years later, when we all look back, it does seem funny.

My Mom said I threw both of mine in the toilet when I was four.

Seem like you broke the hook on his HA, inexpensive to fix. The audi usually have spares in their office.

My daughter who was 4 at the time picked up my HA and put in in the washing machine with my dirty laundry. I found it in several pieces and asked my daughter why she did that. She said that it was dirty and needed to be washed. I was royally pisssed and upset at the time but now, I am just laughing when I think about it.

I love HA stories! :D

My Mom said I threw both of mine in the toilet when I was four.

Seem like you broke the hook on his HA, inexpensive to fix. The audi usually have spares in their office.

Oh good... that's good to read... it broke up at the actual aid- so I hope that's all it is LOL.. I just hate the idea of him not having that one in particular...

My daughter who was 4 at the time picked up my HA and put in in the washing machine with my dirty laundry. I found it in several pieces and asked my daughter why she did that. She said that it was dirty and needed to be washed. I was royally pisssed and upset at the time but now, I am just laughing when I think about it.

I love HA stories! :D

Ok yeah that's funny.... to cute that she thought to put them in the Washing machine but yeah I'd been mad too...

We've lost A's in his carseat and down in his diaper... but luckily I found it before he pooped!!! That's why we use the chord...

He LOVES to chew on his Left one... I'm expecting to have to dig pieces of mold out of his mouth one of these days...

How old is he?

Are you using some kind of string attached to both hearing aids to keep them from getting lost?

iv broken my aid's the number times at the place where the mould goes on,sometimes they are easy breakable

Once, when I was young, I lost a hearing aid. I couldn't find it ANYWHERE. Since those hearing aids were old anyway, my mom bought new ones for me. A year later, during spring cleaning, I found that lost hearing aid INSIDE a shoe that I never wear.....

Still have no idea how it got there! Cracks me up!

I through mine out a car window once, and then watched them be run over by a transport truck...I was like 11

I broke mine during sport at school when I was a kid. When I showed it to the teacher of the Deaf, she asked another girl who had two HAs if she would lend me one of hers until mine got fixed, I only had one for my right ear at the time. My friend was quite willing to do this, but I don't know what her mum said when she got home!!!

(That was in the days when we all wore analogue aids, mine and my friend's were the same)

When you talk to the audi about the repair, ask if he can just temporarily program the non-broken on to his moderate ear. That way he can still hear while it is away being fixed. When the broken one gets back switch back or program it to the profound ear.

When you talk to the audi about the repair, ask if he can just temporarily program the non-broken on to his moderate ear. That way he can still hear while it is away being fixed. When the broken one gets back switch back or program it to the profound ear.

GREAT IDEA!!!!!! since I can just switch his molds... THANKS Faire!!!

How old is he?

Are you using some kind of string attached to both hearing aids to keep them from getting lost?

Yeah he's got a bungee cord (that's what it looks like to me LOL) that I use if he's wearing both and another flimsy one for one aid... but when he was little and laying on his back more than anything I thought the clamp for the cord would hurt his back, so I didn't use it as much then... learned my lesson when I panicked after the time he pulled his Right one out (which is rare, hardly ever touches that one) and it got lost between the plastic and the cover of the carseat!! If his seat hadn't whistled when I got him out I never would've looked there!!

Yeah, it's recommended that they don't wear their hearing aids when they're sleeping.

So, when he's sleeping... you don't have to worry about clamping it on to his back. :)

Back