I broke Adam's HA!!! :( :(

a fact of life.. it is probably whistling right now. so it could be very annoying for your little one.

Yeah he's got a bungee cord (that's what it looks like to me LOL) that I use if he's wearing both and another flimsy one for one aid... but when he was little and laying on his back more than anything I thought the clamp for the cord would hurt his back, so I didn't use it as much then... learned my lesson when I panicked after the time he pulled his Right one out (which is rare, hardly ever touches that one) and it got lost between the plastic and the cover of the carseat!! If his seat hadn't whistled when I got him out I never would've looked there!!

Instead of the stretchy cord, I tied fishing line to both HAs, and then tied a safety pin to the other end of the fishing line. I would then pin the line to the back of his shirt. If it came out, or he took it out, it would fall to the back, and since the cord wasn't stretchy, he couldn't get it to his mouth to chew on it. Plus, the pins aren't as bulky as the clamp.

My husband has one of those dryer boxes for his BTE HA's. He finds it very useful. He did not have one with his previous pair HA's.

Never underestimate the chewy goodness of earmolds....

I heard that!!! My dog has gotten a hold of mine before.

since then, I have learned to put them in my dry box and inside the drawer of my bedside table.

Instead of the stretchy cord, I tied fishing line to both HAs, and then tied a safety pin to the other end of the fishing line. I would then pin the line to the back of his shirt. If it came out, or he took it out, it would fall to the back, and since the cord wasn't stretchy, he couldn't get it to his mouth to chew on it. Plus, the pins aren't as bulky as the clamp.

good Idea!!

Sometimes the simplest methods, are the best!!! :)

:lol:

I bet!!!

My mom never bought the dry aid either. She would save the silicone packages from medicine bottles.

and throw them in a jewelery box with my HA.

I used a small tupperware container that I already had with the silica packages from medicine bottles, lol.:P

I used a small tupperware container that I already had with the silica packages from medicine bottles, lol.:P

Damn!!

That is excellent!!! At least I now know, Mom and I are not the only ones that does that!!! :P

yes it does fix hearing aids, but you have to get it quickly dried as soon as possible so it wont get ruined. But you always, ALWAYS must take out the batteries first. Get a hair dryer and put it on high and fast drying. And then if it seems like it is dry, put in a new battery not the old one that got wet, it would not help at all and will probably ruin the hearing aid inside the battery holder of the hearing aid, turn it on and see if it will squeal. its a test to see if its ok. then if you have a box that keeps the hearing aids clean, put it in there for a couple of hours. a dry box looks like this:
Dry&Store%20Global.jpg

That dry box is what i have right now. You should get one if you dont have one. It keeps your hearing aids cleaner and helps keep the moisture air out. And helps you hear better.

Here's the URL link to the hearing aids dryer that my parents got for me:

Dry & Store Hearing Aid Conditioning System - Dry & Store Products

I recommend you get it if you dont have one. It helps and it helps alot after you use the dryer to dry the hearing aid ASAP. It will be very handy and plus if you have pets they cant get it out and chew on it anyways if you leave it on a table or a counter. Hope that helps!

Wow I haven't seen anything like that before-- just the hard shell box his HA's came with... which is where we keep them (most of the time) when he's not wearing them... I will check into that... thank you!!! :ty:

Good idea!!! That's similar to what his single use cord is like... it's much shorter-- so not so much chewing-- but he tends to leave his right one in- so that helps!! I'll have to try that!!

Awwwww. Sweet little boy! *Hugs* I'm sorry you are having a rough time...but I suppose, like others have said, most deaf/hoh babies and kids loose or break their aids at one point or another. I hope you can smile about it soon! By the by, how do you get your pic on the forum like that? I can't figure it out!

Awwwww. Sweet little boy! *Hugs* I'm sorry you are having a rough time...but I suppose, like others have said, most deaf/hoh babies and kids loose or break their aids at one point or another. I hope you can smile about it soon! By the by, how do you get your pic on the forum like that? I can't figure it out!

You have to use the insert image button and have the pic stored somewhere like Photobucket that provides an image code... then you put the image code in the 'insert image' button and it should appear in the forum (the insert image button is on the 2nd toolbar up there ^^^ that looks like mountains :) )

*Smiles* I see. My pics are on my computer, not on a site, so that's what my problem is. Got it! Thanks!

Back