I broke Adam's HA!!! :( :(

Yeah, it's recommended that they don't wear their hearing aids when they're sleeping.

So, when he's sleeping... you don't have to worry about clamping it on to his back. :)

He's not sleeping, just on his back a lot because he's a baby.

Yeah, it's recommended that they don't wear their hearing aids when they're sleeping.

So, when he's sleeping... you don't have to worry about clamping it on to his back. :)

Right Faire- this was just when he was tiny and pretty much just laid on his back to play... now he's up and almost running around so he's got a cord... I don't think he's ever slept w/them on-- except if he fell asleep playing, and I didn't disturb him since he was just napping and would be up shortly anyhow lol..

adam0309photoshoot089-1.jpg

This is my stinker w/his cord and aids on... :D

Right Faire- this was just when he was tiny and pretty much just laid on his back to play... now he's up and almost running around so he's got a cord... I don't think he's ever slept w/them on-- except if he fell asleep playing, and I didn't disturb him since he was just napping and would be up shortly anyhow lol..

He is a very cute baby! :)

That is such a cute pix! I remember when I was young (this in the 70's, remember) where we had the ugly "body aids" that strapped in front with a cord running up to an earmold. I had a babysitter one night who, all of a sudden, realized one cord was attached to nothing and freaked out. Called her parents for help in searching for the earmold. Turns out my parents had removed the earmold earlier in the day. So all was okay, but after hearing that story, I totally understand how it is when something is missing or broken. Don't worry, Adamsmomma, all will be okay when you see the audi on Monday. :)

That is such a cute pix! I remember when I was young (this in the 70's, remember) where we had the ugly "body aids" that strapped in front with a cord running up to an earmold. I had a babysitter one night who, all of a sudden, realized one cord was attached to nothing and freaked out. Called her parents for help in searching for the earmold. Turns out my parents had removed the earmold earlier in the day. So all was okay, but after hearing that story, I totally understand how it is when something is missing or broken. Don't worry, Adamsmomma, all will be okay when you see the audi on Monday. :)

Thanks Alleycat!!

Yeah been a time or two I've freaked out when I realized he didn't have them in, only to find them in his box in his diaper bag from school-- on his bad days when he refuses to wear his left one...

Cute baby!

I can only imagine how he takes the HAs and mouth them!

I am surprised that he has not drowned them yet, with slobber. :giggle:

Maybe that is why they broke so easily. He might have caused a fracture on it.

I have went through several damages through out my childhood with my HAs.

I mainly went through water damages. I forgot to take them off once before jumping in a pool with friends when I was 13. :shock:

I was like OMG! Felt like an idiot! Had to tell my mom. :(

But luckily they dried out good and continued to work for a few more years.

Now even as an adult. When I go outside on a hot day or play sports, go on boat, ect. I take them out!!

I never broke or lost my ha in my life, only lost my CI almost 1 year ago lol.
I had analog hearing aid from age 3 to 12 it was same one it lasted me all those years and I jumped into swimming pool, hot tub, shower, bath, dropped it on floor chewed by dog (only got the mold but few bite mark on aid) many disasters but never break it lol. Then at 12 I got new ha only because audi told my mom I need to upgrade (9 years come on) then 15 stopped wearing ha cuz I thought it broke but no turned out I lost my hearing to profound overnight literally (it was moderate at 50 all across) so got ci 1 year and 3 months ago

What happened? That's not a common thing to do...

Jamie

I was a very bitterly mainstreamed kid. I either wanted to be with Deaf friends or become hearing. My parents wouldn't allow the first option so I decided to "become hearing" by getting rid of my hearing aids! haha

Whoa... that's the ultimate cuteness! :shock:

I was a very bitterly mainstreamed kid. I either wanted to be with Deaf friends or become hearing. My parents wouldn't allow the first option so I decided to "become hearing" by getting rid of my hearing aids! haha

That's what I thought... You must have been seriously pissed for throwing them out of the running car :giggle:! I though see very often on this forum that parents don't accept their child's hoh or deafness... :( They should let the child decide in which world it feels better! ;)

I hope your parents weren't too angry at you...

Jamie

The daycare director told me today I did just break it off at the hook and they should be able to fix it at school today!!! YAY!!! (however she said the way it broke-- on the 'inside' side of the hook (the one going into the aid itself) she said they may end up sending it off-- she was going to see if the Audi was in today b/c it's spring break!! And typically the Audi's/SLT's etc are off Spring break but b/c of some recent bad weather and school closings they may have to work to make it up! LOL

Crossing my fingers and hoping they can fix it at school... b/c it'd would be next week before I could even get his left one modified to work in it's place :( :(

Once, when I was young, I lost a hearing aid. I couldn't find it ANYWHERE. Since those hearing aids were old anyway, my mom bought new ones for me. A year later, during spring cleaning, I found that lost hearing aid INSIDE a shoe that I never wear.....

Still have no idea how it got there! Cracks me up!

I anticipate my cats doing something like this to one of A's eventually... I find ALL kinds of stuff in my shoes! LOL

How did your mom/dad react to you throwing your aids out the window??

The daycare director told me today I did just break it off at the hook and they should be able to fix it at school today!!! YAY!!! (however she said the way it broke-- on the 'inside' side of the hook (the one going into the aid itself) she said they may end up sending it off-- she was going to see if the Audi was in today b/c it's spring break!! And typically the Audi's/SLT's etc are off Spring break but b/c of some recent bad weather and school closings they may have to work to make it up! LOL

Crossing my fingers and hoping they can fix it at school... b/c it'd would be next week before I could even get his left one modified to work in it's place :( :(

I really hope so too that they can fix it at school... please keep us posted! :wave:

Jamie

hubby has dropped his on occasion; we just recently had both in to be fixed <not cuz he dropped them> -

another Rottie person I know whose older father wears them, one of the Rotties ate her dad's aid once. The were set on the counter somewhere and either dad forgot them or he'd put them there temporarily. Not just chewed on it or pulled out the tube connecting to the mold but dog swallowed the entire thing,swallowing things being a common occurrence for a dog.

Good Luck Adamsmomma :wave:

There should be a new thread for those posting hilarious/mortifying stories about their HA's.

I really loved the one where one threw one HA out a car window once, and then watched them be run over by a transport truck...I was like 11. :laugh2:

I remember one particular occasion very very well, cos it was when I changed over from the bodyworn aids to BTE HA's for the first time. It was our weekly swim lessons at the school, normally there's two people guarding the passageway that leads to the pools from the changing rooms to ensure we took our HA's off. For some reason the person missed mine and I jumped in the pool and swam like it was nothing then it occurred to me that I was hearing really odd noises - my HA was dying and was making these awful warbling noises, phuttering and spluttering...Silence. So I felt my ears and to my mortification I'd left my HA's on and the water killed them dead, so I gave my brand new now dead HA's to the person whom just checked me before entering the pool just fainted, I got a severe ticking off by the Headmistress at school. Hell I was only 8 then!...

Now I laugh nowadays. My Headmistress has never forgotten this incident to this day and relishes it at every opportunity whenever I bump into her in town.

There should be a new thread for those posting hilarious/mortifying stories about their HA's.

I really loved the one where one threw one HA out a car window once, and then watched them be run over by a transport truck...I was like 11. :laugh2:

I remember one particular occasion very very well, cos it was when I changed over from the bodyworn aids to BTE HA's for the first time. It was our weekly swim lessons at the school, normally there's two people guarding the passageway that leads to the pools from the changing rooms to ensure we took our HA's off. For some reason the person missed mine and I jumped in the pool and swam like it was nothing then it occurred to me that I was hearing really odd noises - my HA was dying and was making these awful warbling noises, phuttering and spluttering...Silence. So I felt my ears and to my mortification I'd left my HA's on and the water killed them dead, so I gave my brand new now dead HA's to the person whom just checked me before entering the pool just fainted, I got a severe ticking off by the Headmistress at school. Hell I was only 8 then!...

Now I laugh nowadays. My Headmistress has never forgotten this incident to this day and relishes it at every opportunity whenever I bump into her in town.

I can see this happening!! I can just hear them calling me from school... LOL

As long as the point of attachment that the earhook (not tubing from EM) is intact, then they should just be able to put a new hook on, reattach the earmold and call it a day.

Back