I am mad that I have CI *sigh*

Wow you have 179 posts! so I do not want read all of it :giggle:

so I am only read your thread.......

I am so sorry about that! Curious Can remove That Ci thing out? I assume that one of man want talking with about remove it because I think that he just got Ci and realized its not working!:(:(

:):):)

People using a CI and posting here is a conflict of interest, IMO. When you use a CI and endorse it, you are basically trying to be hearing and fit in with the rest of the world, YET you post at ALLDEAF... Your logic escapes me.

I have met and worked with CI users...they r not totally assimiled into the hearing world. They still consider themselves deaf but just want some help in hearing some things like music or communicating with hearing people. Some of them work in jobs where they work around hearing people and they told me having the CI makes communication a little easier. They admitted to me that in large groups or in meetings, they still need interpretors from time to time. So, it looks like the CI doesn't really make anyone 100% hearing. They r still deaf and just have some extra help so I think they have the right to come here in AllDeaf.

I use HAs so does that mean I am trying to fit in with the hearing world? Nope..I like to hear some things and they do help when I am at my in laws cuz I can't not understand them without my HAs. Maybe the same goes for people with CIs.

Now, parents of CI children? I can't speak for them but it is nice that they come in here and we can show them the importance of deaf identity and sign language. If they didn't come here, they may not be aware of issues that can pop up with their children and not know how to address them. I am hoping they read about my and others' experiences and issues that we faced growing up with and in turn, help them be aware and ready if those same issues need to be addressed.

:)

animal lover....you state that you want to be vegan, and compeltely as nature had intended you....

then i assume you run around naked and sleep under trees right? you mention college....college is a mankind thing, not a nature thing. i certainly hope you aren't driving a car around, as you are destroying the very thing you claim you want. also, did you research where you house was built, some piece of nature was destroyed to make room for your house.

hippy is short for hippocrit

Don't be ashamed of anything...never.

Cochlear Implants are a priviledge to some and a curse to others.

I guess it depends on who you are but be grateful you have the choice of having them or not.

I have a CI. I want it removed, I have not used it in YEARS.

People using a CI and posting here is a conflict of interest, IMO. When you use a CI and endorse it, you are basically trying to be hearing and fit in with the rest of the world, YET you post at ALLDEAF... Your logic escapes me.

Apparently, Insurance companies are happy to pay for the implanting of the CI,
Please give us a break.

People with cis have no "conflict of interest" what they have is the ability to give firsthand personal experiences whether positive or negative and precisely the type of experiences parents need in order to make reasoned and informed decisions on behalf of thier children.

Please give me the name of the insurnce companies that are "happy to pay for the implanting of the CI" because I know several people who would welcome that information as they are currently battling their insurance companies to do just that.

Insurance companies that are "happy" to pay approximately $75K, what world do you live in? Apparently, it is your logic that escapes me.

Animal Lover, You are whining about anyone who kill animal then people who don't like or interesting on animal then... now, you are whining about CI. :roll:

Now, Go see ENT and begging them to remove it.

For me, I REFUSE to remove my CI, TOO RISKY!!! Also, I'm not complain about CI.

It depends.. Hearing is measured In db's. I just checked my hearing evaluation from 2 years ago.. and I have virtually no hearing in both ears.. from what I could see there were arrows pointing at 120db and going past 120, So i'm assuming it means i can't hear at all.

But you have to remember that people with some hearing who have not been involved in the deaf community will regard themselves has HOH or Hearing Impared, or whatever. The funny thing is.. I was rarely involved in the deaf community throughout my life, yet I still considered myself deaf. So It's an individual choice whenther someone would like to consider themselves Deaf or HOH. It's not how the deaf or hearing community sees you, it's about How YOU see yourself.

And reading this whole thread.. I believe this is about Animal_Lover's feelings regarding his CI, not a discussion about CI's themselves.

Animal_Lover.. All I can say is, do what you think is best, and do what's right for you. If you don't want the CI, that's your choice, and I know we'll all be here to support you :) :hug:

thanks! ;)

Aww, I understand how you felt.

Last year, I got surgied for CI as curiousity as reason. Since I have the CI, I NEVER wear it. I raised whole my life in deaf world. My parents and some of my families just kept begging me to wear the CI while it gives me headaches and watery eyes, they (even the audiologist) told me it's because my CI is too loud, I tried to put it down and down as much as possible I can, but it still give me headaches and watery eyes.

I decide to not wear it ever again. I prefer to connect with the feeling and visuals. I wish I could remove my implant, but I don't know if my doctor would approve it. :/

I agree, CI sucks. I don't mean as for sounds therpay, but for a life, it sucks tons.

oh I'm sorry that sucks for u :(

well depend how u mean CI sucks.. it sucks for me but good for deaf ppl if they like it..

Wow you have 179 posts! so I do not want read all of it :giggle:

so I am only read your thread.......

I am so sorry about that! Curious Can remove That Ci thing out? I assume that one of man want talking with about remove it because I think that he just got Ci and realized its not working!:(:(

:):):)

yes person who dont want CI and can take that out of his/her inside head if they have surgery

animal lover....you state that you want to be vegan, and compeltely as nature had intended you....

then i assume you run around naked and sleep under trees right? you mention college....college is a mankind thing, not a nature thing. i certainly hope you aren't driving a car around, as you are destroying the very thing you claim you want. also, did you research where you house was built, some piece of nature was destroyed to make room for your house.

hippy is short for hippocrit

well u misunderstanding me.. when i say nature mean my pure body without meats and tools inside my body..

yes i'm going to college for environmental science.. it just one little place to study and i can travel to many many different place and help to restore and improve the lands and animals...

I dont drive, duh :roll: i hasnt take driver permission test yet.. i'm almost 19yrs old and still yet not interesting to drive..

I already know how my house is built.. btw, i'm still living under my parents house and u dont know me very well.. cuz i rather to live in "underground house" cuz i dont have to destory the forest (just little bit)

run around in naked and sleep under tree? well i did that few times.. u jealous? lol :giggle:

plz dont jump the conclusion.. cuz u dont know me very well.. :roll:

Animal Lover, You are whining about anyone who kill animal then people who don't like or interesting on animal then... now, you are whining about CI. :roll:
Now, Go see ENT and begging them to remove it.

For me, I REFUSE to remove my CI, TOO RISKY!!! Also, I'm not complain about CI.

btw, this thread is 3 months old.. I'm not whinning.. i'm listen to ppl's opinion. that my purpose.. jeez u jump the conclusion too..

I have rights to complain about animals.. everyone have different cares.. i cares for animals and i care none for humans..

Your logic is just.. something I cannot understand. You don't stop being deaf because you use a CI. It doesn't go against nature, it says volumes about the advances of science. Humans doing great things. To say having some "tool" in your body is wrong, would that make my picc line evil? Would it make taking drugs to treat medical conditions wrong? Would it make receiving dialysis evil? Is wearing eyeglasses wrong because nature intended for that person to strain to read?

You're not any less Deaf. You're not any less pure, just because you have a CI. You're not going to be any better if you have it removed- you'll just face needless pain, recovery, and risks, not to mention the cost. No insurance on earth will pay for you to remove a device that's not posing some medical risk to you.

Animal_lover

It seems to me that CI is not for you, then remove it. People critisizing is because they think it is best for themselves and for others. They do not realize each individuals feelings are different. If I were you I wouldnt listen to anybody who critisize. You listen for whats best for yourself and the people who support you. Although you seem very strong advocate of yourself.

It be nice if each individual decide whats best for their own body, no one else decide for them. That goes for Parents deciding for place implants on children. Which is a very difficult task because children cannot decide on their own.

I got question. How did your family drift away from you? Did they try to convince you to keep wearing CI? Were you really mad through out your childhood at your dad and mom and then dad dislike you because of that?

What is your mom feeling? Is she trying to communicate with you and tell you that she did whats best for you? If so you should listen to her. You dont have to agree with her but you can continue express your feelings to her. One day she may respect your choice.

I am not trying to be a counselor here, I am here trying to have you wake up and smell the coffee, realize wahts really going on around you.

Otherwise, I wish you the best of removing the CI.

BTW, I didnt read all the post because too MANY!! Would take me days to catch up, lol.

beetarehoh

animallover

one of your old post said you speak good for deaf person well if you take the ci out of your head. then you might not be able to speak as good you do now. you should think about. I got my ci 2 month ago to me it is sweet to hear sounds. I am happy with my decision. I think people do well if they had some hearing before the ci.

This is old post about someone who didn't want their CI's. The Original Poster seems to have left but there has been some people asking me earlier about people who failed CI so I've decided I'll reserect it and people can read about those who stop wearing CI's and their reasonings if they want to.

In fairness you should reserect threads about people that have been successful with CI's and their resons to continue wearing them. My son had a CI which failed but I also know of many kids that have been successful. There are also many posts on this forum about success stories. Balance is key.

:roll: @ Thread! That's 2 much drama over CI. CI is not pierce of SHIT! That's no reason to remove CI! It's waste my time to read whole the crap thread!

I think thread need to be lock anyways.

:roll: @ Thread! That's 2 much drama over CI. CI is not pierce of SHIT! That's no reason to remove CI! It's waste my time to read whole the crap thread!

I think thread need to be lock anyways.

U cant criticize someone for how they feel about their own CIs. U are always telling people not to criticize u for your decision to get CIs and I think many have respected that but gotta give the same respect back.

I have to agree with shel here, Pinky.

If you cannot agree to disagree, simply walk away from the thread.

Adhere to the mutual respect theme. It's not appropriate to entice/flame a thread because you don't like the theme of the thread.

To even boldly state that the thread should be locked is trying to control the thread as well.

I have to agree with shel here, Pinky.

If you cannot agree to disagree, simply walk away from the thread.

Adhere to the mutual respect theme. It's not appropriate to entice/flame a thread because you don't like the theme of the thread.

To even boldly state that the thread should be locked is trying to control the thread as well.

Okay. I am sorry. You're right!

Back