Hurricane Earl

lol of course. You're deep inland so you're ok but we're not. We're right next to coast. I feel sorry for people especially in Ocean County area.

I'm just hoping my condo windows will not break.

your condo water sprinkler will take care of the fire issue unless....... the water pipeline is cut off.

my condo does not have any water sprinkler , that is why I am concerned about fires. My condo was build in the 70's as apartments and the owners where too cheap to add anything that was required.

my condo does not have any water sprinkler , that is why I am concerned about fires. My condo was build in the 70's as apartments and the owners where too cheap to add anything that was required.

:eek3:

I'm wondering how your condo continues to be in business. The fire inspection is pretty strict these days. well... what can I say... move out? good luck?

hope you got a couple of large fire extinguisher in your closet.

We had a couple of hurricanes growning up in New England , but we were lucky the storm did not knock any houses over. We did lose a couple of trees , one just miss the roof of the house and garage . I think hurricanes Bob was our last bad storm.

I thought he meant no more hurricanes were attacking Louisiana?

I thought he meant no more hurricanes were attacking Louisiana?

"Louisiana have a lot bad history already." was the clue. Poor New Orleans... it's the first thing in mind when debating about hurricane and bureaucracy. It's probably as bad as Godwin's Law.

We have not had any really bad hurricane since 1969 when hurricane Camille came thru Nelson County some 20 miles n of where I live and wrecked the county in 1969. I'll keep an eye on Earl and make preparations if necessary.

Last edited:
We have not had any really bad hurricane since 1969 when hurricane Camille came thru Nelson County some 20 miles n of where I live and wrecked the county in 1969. I'll keep an eye on Earl and make preparations if necessary.

Last second is not a great idea.

I will be deciding at 3pm tomorrow whether or not we are headed out. We are packed.

Hence why I'm keeping an eye on Earl.

According to the weather report, Earl is coming to VA on Friday. I do not think anything like Camille will happen but I've checked checked a list of necessary items and I only need a few items and I will be getting stuff on Wednesday when I buy food.

It also helps if you can read your own handwriting. :P

According to the weather report, Earl is coming to VA on Friday. I do not think anything like Camille will happen but I've checked checked a list of necessary items and I only need a few items and I will be getting stuff on Wednesday when I buy food.

It also helps if you can read your own handwriting. :P

Will it be offshore or did the projected path change?

looks like it will be a glancing blow right now.

Probably alot of rain. I am guessing tornados might be the bigger problem....But ya never know

I'm not sure yet. I would imagine the Virgina Beach area and Eastern Shore would be affected.

I checked the local weather report and it has mentioned Earl is expected on Friday so I will be picking up stuff that I need and packing on Thru just in case.

I live among the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains and there's no ocean in sight. I'd have to drive 200 miles to see it. Camille has wrecked the area in 1969 though.

I'm not sure yet. I would imagine the Virgina Beach area and Eastern Shore would be affected.

I checked the local weather report and it has mentioned Earl is expected on Friday so I will be picking up stuff that I need and packing on Thru just in case.

I live among the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains and there's no ocean in sight. I'd have to drive 200 miles to see it. Camille has wrecked the area in 1969 though.

I live right off the Chesapeake Bay so if it turns and heads directly to us, it will be a huge huge concern for us. Like you, I am keep an eye on it. We have a natural disaster kit ready. Been prepared for 2 years now...I better check the clothes just in case they are too small for my son.

looks like it will be a glancing blow right now.

Probably alot of rain. I am guessing tornados might be the bigger problem....But ya never know

well since where I live it's quite hilly, i think the most likely outcome it will rain a lot and it will be quite windy. I would hope the flash floods are a thing of past.

If this were Richmond I'd be more concerned about tornadoes as it's flatter than where I live.

I live right off the Chesapeake Bay so if it turns and heads directly to us, it will be a huge huge concern for us. Like you, I am keep an eye on it. We have a natural disaster kit ready. Been prepared for 2 years now...I better check the clothes just in case they are too small for my son.

Just realized I need to update my FA kit.

Back