Hurricane Dennis

downing said:
I still love FLA. my dad used to live in Tampa... too bad he moved back to Tx.. darn it...Hurricanes isn't so bad if you know what to do like evulations and all. We were down in NC when hurricane came, so we planned something else to alternative places. No big deal. It would be worse if you are just sitting on sand watching the water rise...that is another story.

Right! Everybody who deals with these storms knows how to react to them. And, if they don't, they learn pretty quick!

Florida is a beautiful state. I love living here, and I'll take the sizzling hot weather AND the hurricanes over ice and snow in January any day of the week!

Oh yeah, my in laws just sold their second home in Fla, they lived near Ft. Meyers.. I can't remmy the name.. lots of old people LOL....but it was beautiful,,, went to Sanibel... beautiful shells down there.. wow... I would go back anytime... retirement for sure!

downing said:
Oh yeah, my in laws just sold their second home in Fla, they lived near Ft. Meyers.. I can't remmy the name.. lots of old people LOL....but it was beautiful,,, went to Sanibel... beautiful shells down there.. wow... I would go back anytime... retirement for sure!

Cape Coral, Port Charlotte, or Punta Gorda, maybe? :lol: My Mom's great grandmother lived in that area. I also have a friend that has a place on Ft Myers Beach. We are also planning to relocate to that area some time in the next couple of years. The cost of living is better up there. Of course, as far as Hurricanes, you are trading one can of worms for another. We currently live in the Keys, and we've pretty much got out butts blowing in the wind down here (pun not intended lol). Up there, you're a bit more protected as far as the building codes are better, but if you live on the coast, you really aren't doing much to decrease your vulnerabilty.

What is with us, anyway? Are we insane to even think about staying in such a hurricane vulnerable area?

I think we are, and you know what? I don't care! :lol:

Oceanbreeze,

I'm glad that you made it thru the storm!

Florida is not the only state to be threatened or damaged by hurricanes. Texas, North and South Carolinas, Georgia, etc., face hurricanes every year also. People love their homes and don't want to move. It is the same feeling everywhere.

My co-terp's in-laws' house was destroyed by hurricane Dennis, and they live in Georgia! Their house was damaged by the floods. I don't know yet if they had flood insurance. I will try to find out when co-terp comes back from helping them in GA.

Reba said:
Florida is not the only state to be threatened or damaged by hurricanes. Texas, North and South Carolinas, Georgia, etc., face hurricanes every year also. People love their homes and don't want to move. It is the same feeling everywhere.

My co-terp's in-laws' house was destroyed by hurricane Dennis, and they live in Georgia! Their house was damaged by the floods. I don't know yet if they had flood insurance. I will try to find out when co-terp comes back from helping them in GA.

You're right, Reba.

:shock:

weatherchannel.jpg

Back