Howsabout that $4.00 gas ? woo hoo

S

schweisshund

Any chemical engineers amongst us? How about mechanical engineers?

How can I extract hydrogen from water using electrolysis at a rate fast enough to be burned as fuel?

Thinking ..... conversion of pre-existing internal combustion engine to be run on hydrogen.

Can it be done? Will I need to buy stainless steel exhaust, catalytic converter? How do I seperate oxygen from the hydrogen?

All I need is an explosive vapor to get those pistons moving in the combustion chamber.

Not sure ... but I think we might just have a bit more water (H20) than all the OPEC nations combined.

Water is 2 parts hydrogen, one part oxygen. Hydrogen is very explosive - possibly emits no pollution when burned, and probably makes an engine run cooler.

I am thinking/guessing that out of one gallon of water a full sized SUV could travel 300 miles off of the hydrogen content.

But only if it can be extracted via electrolysis at a rate fast enough to be used as fuel.

Even with Hybrid cars can run without gas, but if not for oil, the hybrid car's engine is dead.
Can you create a car, which is able to run the engine without oil, and fuel?

Last edited:
How about running a car with magnets? The permanent magnets without electricity could drive a generator for the electronics, battery and accessories and of course to propel the car forward.

Any chemical engineers amongst us? How about mechanical engineers?

How can I extract hydrogen from water using electrolysis at a rate fast enough to be burned as fuel?

Thinking ..... conversion of pre-existing internal combustion engine to be run on hydrogen.

Can it be done? Will I need to buy stainless steel exhaust, catalytic converter? How do I seperate oxygen from the hydrogen?

All I need is an explosive vapor to get those pistons moving in the combustion chamber.

You will need the best chemistry set that ToysRUs sells.:fingersx:

Back to the Future I - Doc took waste food from garbage.
I like that part to re-use our garbage.

I heard a story about an older gentleman who made a dune buggy to run on hydrogen. He made his own hydrogen via an elctrolysis device that was hooked up to a 12v battery.

He refused to sell the patent to oil companies and he was assassinated in 1998. Its not a rumor.

The space shuttle uses hydrogen for fuel. They extract the hydrogen from tap water.........TAP WATER!!!!

The hindenburg blew up because they used hydrogen instead of helium. I am going to be doing my own experimentation with this. I have some mechanical skills because I restore antique motorcycles and have rebuilt motors. I know how engines, carburetors etc. Work. I know hydrogen can be used as fuel. I do not know how to make a device that will rapidly extract hydrogen but I know how to extract using electrolysis using a simple 12v ac adapter and alligator clips.

Once I finally figure it out, all those arab opec nations can just kiss my a$$

Yeah there's major company working on it now.. (honda ) and (toyota) I remember reading one article that they succeed running on H2O but they cannot extract it fast enough for the engine...so they were saying that u'll need a size of semi trailer of equipment to extract all the gases to be able to feed the engine of ford focus continously. that was their setbacks.. I'm sure someone will find a way to extract better and faster.. Hope you'll be the first one to invent it... ; )

I've seen someone mentioned on other message board that the car can successfully run on compressed air. they've succeed it up to 150 miles with one tank that's capable of holding 5k PSI. which makes sense to me.. since they dont use fuel. or wait 4 to 8 hours for cars to be charged.. just plug the car from special compressed air and fill'er up a round 10 min. and u're off to go... and what's cool about it? is the engine design is as same as steam engine back at 1900's but only much better and much lighter compare to our modern engine..... ain't it cool?....

I looked your subject title "woo hoo".
Sound like you are excite $4 per gallon.
I prefer to say YUCK!!! better than woohoo

I looked your subject title "woo hoo".
Sound like you are excite $4 per gallon.
I prefer to say YUCK!!! better than woohoo

I can see sarcasm is lost on you maybe?

Of course its YUCK!!!

Will it be just a plain 'ol "Yuck" when gas gets to 6, 7, 8 dollars a gallon? Or are people going to actually explore alternative sources of fuel so we can collectively tell OPEC to choke on their own fumes?

Of course, there are so many brilliant patents out there on using alternative fuel, but guess who owns them ...... oil companies. THEY want YOU to be dependent on THEM.

THEY want to gouge your wallet, your livelihood and starve the economy - after all, the majority of Muslims now hate the free western world and OPEC is ... guess what? Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries

OPEC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, are you going to make your wife wear a Burqa now so they will lower gas prices? Will be force women into submission? take away their driving privileges?

What about stoning homosexuals in public? Wait, even better, if your caught stealing perhaps we should just cut off your hands.

That is what they do in Muslim countries where Islam is the law of the land.

No thanks - I would rather take away the item that gives them any power at all. Oil.

They are abusing the privilege to trade with us.

All those bubbles you see in that glass cylinder is Hydrogen - he is using electrolysis

Mod's Note:

Thread's moved to the proper location.

Back