How to solve courtroom injustice?

Just like any other profession as I pointed out on the other thread, there are good, bad and the ugly. Including the court system.

I don't trust these people, Christlovedeaf. I don't know what makes them corrupted or make the system injustice. Is it true that they are getting tired of doin' their job ? Or are they just simply doin' it for a quick job as easy ? Dishonesty is the problem you can't trust anyone nowdays. Is it possible that it has to do with racism, or religion or background where a person came from ? What are they specifically looking for ?

I don't think that they treat everyone the same as equal. Is it about " good " people that they pick on to accuse for their wrongful doings when " good " people didn't do anything ? I know it may confuse " good " people - but, I don't like to see what the " bad " and " corrupted " people are doing to " good " people nowdays...just to ruin their own good so the " good " people can be like " corrupted " people.... well, that's my opinion the way I see it.

The question is : Where did the " good " people go ? What happened to them ? I don't see very many good people out there.....

We are still there...

I would agree that 210 is too much, but I wonder how many other than 210 tested was actually correct?

Is it 210 out of 500?
or out of 1000? or more?

if the total is low, then that's a bad sign for the justice systems. However if the total is very high for example, 210 out of 5000, then that's not as bad. That would indicate that the justice system however imperfect it is is doing it's best to be acurate as possible. Like I said earlier, as long as human is involved, mistakes will be made.

D.O.J. has stated that there is 2 million people in the prison system.

210 out of 2 million.....

That is quite a small amount of poeple that are unfairly in jail. While I feel bad for those 210,. That is a very good indication that our justic systems works very well. It could have been several thousands in jail unfairly and that would still be considered low.

As I said, as long humans are involved. Mistakes will be made. All we can do is do our best to be correct as much as we can.

Thanks Byrdie for getting that information.

Or cases would go cold for lack of enough evidence on a suspect (before DNA evidences) and revived and the suspect arrested and tried. ....

Yes true but it won't be gone cold forever, sometimes cold cases had come to an end, sooner or later, a tip will come in and wham, everything in that case will opens up. I've watches the show "cold cases" where there was a case that was 30 years old, they had some evidences to make an arrest, that case was solved. Unbelievable!

That is quite a small amount of poeple that are unfairly in jail. While I feel bad for those 210,. That is a very good indication that our justic systems works very well. It could have been several thousands in jail unfairly and that would still be considered low.

As I said, as long humans are involved. Mistakes will be made. All we can do is do our best to be correct as much as we can.

It's also good to see that DNA is being used to clear the innocent. DNA testing is a god send!

Yes true but it won't be gone cold forever, sometimes cold cases had come to an end, sooner or later, a tip will come in and wham, everything in that case will opens up. I've watches the show "cold cases" where there was a case that was 30 years old, they had some evidences to make an arrest, that case was solved. Unbelievable!
Yup, Cheri; I agree cuz that's exactly what I said above. :giggle: I've seen a lot of those shows, too.

Actually, that is only the number of releases. That is not repesentative of cases under investigation that will result in exoneration of innocent people as the investigations continue, nor the number who have been released that are not connected with the Innocence Project. Nor does it include those who are serving longer sentences due to inequities in the application of justice. You are basing your conclusions on faulty premises. So your figures are not representative of the actual reality of the circumstances.

This does not account for the discrepancies in sentencing along racial and SES variables, either. When we discuss fairness of the jsutice system, we must not only look at innocent people being convicted, but also at guilty persons who are set free due to their ability to purchase "justice", as well as those who are doing longer sentences as a direct result of their SES and racial ID.

This does not account for the discrepancies in sentencing along racial and SES variables, either. When we discuss fairness of the jsutice system, we must not only look at innocent people being convicted, but also at guilty persons who are set free due to their ability to purchase "justice", as well as those who are doing longer sentences as a direct result of their SES and racial ID.

Jillio I agree with this statement! Sadly there are people that are the lucky ones and can buy their way out of trouble. But what about those that cant? Where is the fairness in our justice system, when people go to jail everyday for ignoring court orders or for DUI'S and our own celebreties *sp?* get away with practically anything they wish to?

Why is everyone not held to the same standards?

Oh jeez!

How can a "guilty" person be set free when the judge and the jury find the "guilty" person, "not guilty?" It's obvious that the DA did not do the job correctly in prosecuting the said defendent.

It's time for you to come out of the classroom and into the court room to see what is going on. Once you understand what happens on a daily basis in the court room and behind the scenes, you will get a better understanding of the court system instead of making assumptions on a few sensationalize cases.

I would be happy to show you around....

Jillio I agree with this statement! Sadly there are people that are the lucky ones and can buy their way out of trouble. But what about those that cant? Where is the fairness in our justice system, when people go to jail everyday for ignoring court orders or for DUI'S and our own celebreties *sp?* get away with practically anything they wish to?

Why is everyone not held to the same standards?

The can always mortage their house if they have one....

Sell their car....

Cut some luxuries out of their budget....

Bail....

Ask for a loan from friends and family.....

If they got credit cards, use it...

List is endless....

Brydie,

While you may list all that, the point of the matter is, that the justice system does not put everyone on an even keel.

You have people like OJ that pretty much bought his way out of a murder rap in criminal court. He may not have fared so well in civil court, but the truth of the matter is that OJ is never gonna pay a dime to the victims families.

Why should anyone be allowed to buy their way out of trouble? If lawyers had to charge the same fees for all the cases, no matter what they were, then and only then will the justice system, MAYBE on the same fairness level.

You say mortgage, borrow and all that. It still does not put the average person on the same level as someone who can afford anything their little heart desires.

In the justice system, it should not be about money at all. It should be about the people.

Oh jeez!

How can a "guilty" person be set free when the judge and the jury find the "guilty" person, "not guilty?" It's obvious that the DA did not do the job correctly in prosecuting the said defendent.

It's time for you to come out of the classroom and into the court room to see what is going on. Once you understand what happens on a daily basis in the court room and behind the scenes, you will get a better understanding of the court system instead of making assumptions on a few sensationalize cases.

I would be happy to show you around....

You are thinking too concretely. Guilty people go free on a daily basis due to their ability to buy their way out of a sentence through the purchase of legal services.

In exactly what capacity do you serve the legal system? I understand in a very real way exactly what happens in the legal system on a daily basis. Obviously, you do not. And you have yet to explain discrepancies in sentencing based on SES and race. It happens, it is happening on a daily basis, and the DOJ statistics prove it.

The can always mortage their house if they have one....

People in the lower SES generally don't own a home. They rent. They cannot afford to save up a down payment.

Sell their car....

And they would not get enough from a 15 year old car to pay for legal consultation, much less a defense.
Cut some luxuries out of their budget....
What would you suggest? Food, clothing, or shelter? That is generally what people in the lower SES spend their money on.

Bail....

Ask for a loan from friends and family.....

And family and friends are in the same financial situation that the accused is. How many poor people do you know that have a wealthy friend willing to put up thousands and thousands of dollars for a criminal defense for a friend? How would the friend ever manage to pay them back, when chances are, they will have lost the minimum wage job they had from being arrested.

If they got credit cards, use it...

Since when do credit card companies extend this kind of credit to people living below the national poverty line?
List is endless....

You are living in a fantasy world. Come out of that ivory tower of yours, and get a look at real life.

Brydie,

While you may list all that, the point of the matter is, that the justice system does not put everyone on an even keel.

You have people like OJ that pretty much bought his way out of a murder rap in criminal court. He may not have fared so well in civil court, but the truth of the matter is that OJ is never gonna pay a dime to the victims families.

Why should anyone be allowed to buy their way out of trouble? If lawyers had to charge the same fees for all the cases, no matter what they were, then and only then will the justice system, MAYBE on the same fairness level.

You say mortgage, borrow and all that. It still does not put the average person on the same level as someone who can afford anything their little heart desires.

In the justice system, it should not be about money at all. It should be about the people.

:gpost:

Back