How to solve courtroom injustice?

I am not asking for what was the reason for keeping him longer but I want to know: Did they give you the reason why they want to keep him longer? No need to post the reason as it is too personal. Who decided on this? The Judge?

No DYS decides. We dont even go through the judge for his release. It is decided by a parole board. And they decided not to release him cause he isnt finished with his counseling. This kid has had 4 years of counseling for sex offenders. Like I asked her, how much counseling does he need? She was all yada yada.

I was like how can you justify taking 4 years out of a child's life, when adult murderers sometimes dont even do 4 years? I also asked her, how can you justify putting these children away for 4 years *and can be up to 9 years for my son*, when you have a deputy sheriff who was caught having sex with a minor that only does 15 months?

She was like I dont deal with adults only kids. I was sitting there thinking to myself *yeah whatever*.

Im sorry, it may sound like I am offering excuses for my son. It may sound like I am looking for sympathy. It may sound like I dont want these kids punished.

BUT my question to anybody is. What message are we sending to our children with this?

That's its ok for an adult to do worse and get *away* with it? That if your a child, the system will take your life away from you?

I mean come on. We want rehabilitation yes. We want help for them yes. We also want punishment for them yes. But do we want to take their young lives away?

I say 4 years for what my son did is plenty long enough out of a YOUNG child's life. At 12 years old, I question if my son even knew what sex was let alone rape? Even if my son had known what sex was, was he old enough to really understand what rape was?

Im not saying he is innocent *that is up to a judge to decide* , but come on, how many of us at 12 actually knew that having consensual sex, could result in a rape charge?

Someone here said it was a cycle, if thats the case, then the cycle is still unbroken, being as the other child that was accused of molesting 4 other little girls went unpunished. How do we know that the other child, isnt the one that inniated *sp* it and offended my son instead?

I want to fight against both juvenile and adult injustices. But first I say lets start with our children.

If anyone can point the way, I will happily get this ball rolling.

Back