How to solve courtroom injustice?

Topic is " How to solve court room injustice." Unfortunately you being experienced with your son's case is going to cloud your perspective on this topic and thus both topics in this forum are going to cross over.

Anytime someone is founded guilty by the courts are always going to claim that there was injustice when in fact, there wasn't.

The court did it's job. It's time for you to help your son to take responsibility for his actions.

First of all Byrdie, wrongful convictions occur every month in every state in this country, and the reasons are all varied, not investigated the case thoroughly, lack of evidences, bad police work, faulty eyewitness identifications, bad defense lawyers, lazy prosecutors, arrogant prosecutors, the list goes on...

Second of all, you don't even know Bear or her son, and you don't even know how many innocent people and children are behind bars, you don't even know their cases, or how it happened, etc you may sit here and think the court did it's job, especially maybe to you because it hasn't happen to you yet, Imprisoning people and children is wrong when they have committed no crime. If America can’t agree on that, then we truly have hardened our hearts. Juvenile halls and prison are horrible enough without having to torment & traumatize innocent children..

Bear has every right to post her son's story in this thread, and if you want to respond to her posts then do so without criticism or making judgements!!

First of all Byrdie, wrongful convictions occur every month in every state in this country, and the reasons are all varied, not investigated the case thoroughly, lack of evidences, bad police work, faulty eyewitness identifications, bad defense lawyers, lazy prosecutors, arrogant prosecutors, the list goes on...

Second of all, you don't even know Bear or her son, and you don't even know how many innocent people and children are behind bars, you don't even know their cases, or how it happened, etc you may sit here and think the court did it's job, especially maybe to you because it hasn't happen to you yet, Imprisoning people and children is wrong when they have committed no crime. If America can’t agree on that, then we truly have hardened our hearts. Juvenile halls and prison are horrible enough without having to torment & traumatize innocent children..

Bear has every right to post her son's story in this thread, and if you want to respond to her posts then do so without criticism or making judgements!!

:gpost:

:gpost:!! Well said!! My heart goes out to those who's been accused of a crime they never committed.

:gpost: I'm a bit late to this thread but now I understand why jillio brought up brydie in another thread.

Bear, I'm shocked at what happened to your son. I hope the convictions in your son's case get reversed.

I was referring to your refusal to answer direct questions regarding your credentials. What part of the question don't you understand?

You have been busted, Byrdie. Give it up.

I am not giving my credentials until you give me yours.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

Can't you comprehend that?

Obviously not.

We are only hearing one side of the story. A mother who is trying to solicit sympathy for her son's cause. What if he really did commit the crime and she is in denial? Many mothers do think their children are wonderful human beings that can't do no harm when in fact, they did.

What about the State's version? Or are you picking and choosing what you want to believe?

Oh...that's right, you are part of the "bleeding heart liberals" that want to release every sexual felon onto our society.

I am not giving my credentials until you give me yours.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

Can't you comprehend that?

Obviously not.

I have not presented myself as anything other than what I actually am. You however, are attempting to present yourself as something you quite obviously are not. If you have any knowledge of the law at all, you would realize that is known as fraud.

I could give you my credential, but I doubt you would be able to understand them.

And your eye for an eye quote refers to punishment for a deed done. The rest of the quote is, "But not a drop of blood shall ye shed." Yours is yet another example of innappropriate response based on a lack of comprehension.

We are only hearing one side of the story. A mother who is trying to solicit sympathy for her son's cause. What if he really did commit the crime and she is in denial? Many mothers do think their children are wonderful human beings that can't do no harm when in fact, they did.

What about the State's version? Or are you picking and choosing what you want to believe?

Oh...that's right, you are part of the "bleeding heart liberals" that want to release every sexual felon onto our society.

Better a bleeding heart liberal than a liar.

I have not presented myself as anything other than what I actually am. You however, are attempting to present yourself as something you quite obviously are not. If you have any knowledge of the law at all, you would realize that is known as fraud.

I could give you my credential, but I doubt you would be able to understand them.

And your eye for an eye quote refers to punishment for a deed done. The rest of the quote is, "But not a drop of blood shall ye shed." Yours is yet another example of innappropriate response based on a lack of comprehension.

Only one credential?

Try me.

BTW...it's inappropiate. One 'n', not two. :)

Only one credential?

Try me.

BTW...it's inappropiate. One 'n', not two. :)

Should I be impressed because you can use spell check? But I wouldn't go there if I were you. I don't think you want me to start pointing out all of yoru grammatical errors on top of all your falsehoods.

BTW, where did you get your JD? Do you know what a JD is, Byrdie?

:ty: for all the support everyone.

As for the justice system as a whole. It is seriously lacking in investigation of crimes by the police, the lawyers and the courts. In many cases, even today DNA evidence is either not gathered or is overlooked.

I do not see how it is possible to deny that many innocents do go to jail due to a number of factors. The factors I am going to list below should NEVER be a part of the justice system, these factors below are what cause an innocent to go to jail most of the time.

1. This is true in small towns especially. Lack of investigating accusations and the *crime* commited.

2. The good old boy mentality.

3. Convicting for political gain.

4. Lawyers not being motivated enough to give all to a defense.

5. Wanting to appear tough on crime, and gather as much money for the city as one can through guilty verdicts. Remember almost everyone has to pay fines on top of incarceration.

6. Race still matters alot today in the justice system.

7. How much you can afford to pay to keep yourself out of trouble.

NONE of these should ever be a factor within our justice system. If these were taken out of play in our justice system, you would see a much lower conviction rate of innocents.

As human beings with compassion, I believe it is our job to try to do our best to find a way to keep those factors out of our justice system. It is also our job to believe in innocence both before and after verdicts are handed down.

Are we all so jaded, that we are just willing to believe that once that person is found guilty, then it must be so? without a doubt? Can we not believe that our justice system may and does make mistakes?

Are we all just so willing to believe that EVERY single mother who says their child is innocent is just unwilling to admit that their children did wrong? Or can we admit that maybe the parents know them best?

In adult court, the same holds true. Is it so impossible for us to believe that when someone says Im innocent, that it just may be true?

Why is it also that when the system does fail, that the system is not upheld and investigated? Why do we not care, unless it affects us personally?

Irregardless of what someone else posted, I do not believe that my son was INCAPABLE of doing wrong. I DO NOT believe he was INCAPABLE of hurting another person. I DO believe that based upon the evidence in his case, and all the circumstances SURROUNDING his case, supports that he is INNOCENT OF THIS CHARGE.

As for helping my son accept *responsibility* for his actions. I have been doing that for these last 4 years thank you very much! Again DO NOT presume to know me or my son or what I have been doing. For four whole years, I have encouraged him to participate actively in his counseling program. I have encouraged him to do everthing he was asked to do. I have encouraged him to find peace and forgiveness for the system and for himself.

I have encouraged him every single DAY to take responsibility for the things he HAS done whatever they may be! SO DONT go TELLING me what I NEED to do, when you dont know jack shit!

Thank you very much!

:ty: for all the support everyone.

As for the justice system as a whole. It is seriously lacking in investigation of crimes by the police, the lawyers and the courts. In many cases, even today DNA evidence is either not gathered or is overlooked.

I do not see how it is possible to deny that many innocents do go to jail due to a number of factors. The factors I am going to list below should NEVER be a part of the justice system, these factors below are what cause an innocent to go to jail most of the time.

1. This is true in small towns especially. Lack of investigating accusations and the *crime* commited.

2. The good old boy mentality.

3. Convicting for political gain.

4. Lawyers not being motivated enough to give all to a defense.

5. Wanting to appear tough on crime, and gather as much money for the city as one can through guilty verdicts. Remember almost everyone has to pay fines on top of incarceration.

6. Race still matters alot today in the justice system.

7. How much you can afford to pay to keep yourself out of trouble.

NONE of these should ever be a factor within our justice system. If these were taken out of play in our justice system, you would see a much lower conviction rate of innocents.

As human beings with compassion, I believe it is our job to try to do our best to find a way to keep those factors out of our justice system. It is also our job to believe in innocence both before and after verdicts are handed down.

Are we all so jaded, that we are just willing to believe that once that person is found guilty, then it must be so? without a doubt? Can we not believe that our justice system may and does make mistakes?

Are we all just so willing to believe that EVERY single mother who says their child is innocent is just unwilling to admit that their children did wrong? Or can we admit that maybe the parents know them best?

In adult court, the same holds true. Is it so impossible for us to believe that when someone says Im innocent, that it just may be true?

Why is it also that when the system does fail, that the system is not upheld and investigated? Why do we not care, unless it affects us personally?

Irregardless of what someone else posted, I do not believe that my son was INCAPABLE of doing wrong. I DO NOT believe he was INCAPABLE of hurting another person. I DO believe that based upon the evidence in his case, and all the circumstances SURROUNDING his case, supports that he is INNOCENT OF THIS CHARGE.

As for helping my son accept *responsibility* for his actions. I have been doing that for these last 4 years thank you very much! Again DO NOT presume to know me or my son or what I have been doing. For four whole years, I have encouraged him to participate actively in his counseling program. I have encouraged him to do everthing he was asked to do. I have encouraged him to find peace and forgiveness for the system and for himself.

I have encouraged him every single DAY to take responsibility for the things he HAS done whatever they may be! SO DONT go TELLING me what I NEED to do, when you dont know jack shit!

Thank you very much!

:gpost:

Back