How to become a Mod

Its like this,I always wanted to become a supervisor in my job or perhaps an assistant manager.Its so rewarding being in that position plus Better Pay.Being a supervisor or an assistant manager you get to tell people what to do.And the job becomes easier than an employee.

Buckdodgers said:
Its not what you know,,Its WHO YOU KNOW..The Question is WHO!!! NOT WHAT!!

Naaaaah Its not what you know. It's who you DO!! :D

Buckdodgers said:
Its like this,I always wanted to become a supervisor in my job or perhaps an assistant manager.Its so rewarding being in that position plus Better Pay.Being a supervisor or an assistant manager you get to tell people what to do.And the job becomes easier than an employee.

Er...if I can give you a piece of advice...telling people what to do isn't all it is cracked up to be. Neither is the job necessarily easier. Believe me I know...

To whom much is given, much is required. Often management blames you for what went wrong on your watch. Just something to think about.

If Managenent blames me cause my employees arent doing their jobs i get more agressive on them.Corperate do blame managers when their company isnt being productive thats when they get tough and make employers work a lot harder.

LinuxGold said:
I was not a friend with Admin or other moderators when I first joined AllDeaf.

I was nominated based on my exemplary role model as a poster, how I influence others and how I encouraged others.

My biggest suggestion is to post friendly, encouraging and helping others and NOT to expect moderator position at all. That is exactly what happened to me.
i remember those times .......

Roadrunner said:
Noo...no need for it now...it's fine-- :D
Are you sure? I think you need an examination
4.gif

Ok Ready Nurse
2.gif

Buckdodgers said:
If Managenent blames me cause my employees arent doing their jobs i get more agressive on them.Corperate do blame managers when their company isnt being productive thats when they get tough and make employers work a lot harder.

True, but it doesn't make your life any easier. Getting the most production out of your people will not occur when you slam them. Good bosses get real creative and try to keep the morale high. You need to work with 'em not against them.

LuciaDisturbed said:
I don't think I'd want to be a MOD...it comes with a lot of responsiblity.

That's right, a lot of judgements and integrity of one's own personality. It is often the case to see someone becoming 'cocky' after they get the position. Mod can seem "higher", but also comes with responsibility. The most DIFFICULT part is NOT to become favorism, meaning being on someone's side. Analyzing the arguement, finding the problem and providing the solution to the BEST and FAIREST possible is constantly a challenge to us Moderators.

LinuxGold said:
Analyzing the arguement, finding the problem and providing the solution to the BEST and FAIREST possible is constantly a challenge to us Moderators.
Over at 3D GameStudio forum, I moderate the selected forums and I do the same thing.

LinuxGold said:
I was not a friend with Admin or other moderators when I first joined AllDeaf.

I was nominated based on my exemplary role model as a poster, how I influence others and how I encouraged others.

My biggest suggestion is to post friendly, encouraging and helping others and NOT to expect moderator position at all. That is exactly what happened to me.

Well said!

It's Admin.'s decision.

Liebling:-))) said:
Well said!

It's Admin.'s decision.

It's easier to be friends with the mods, and help direct their attention to the hot spots as necessary. Let THEM take the heat for warnings/locks/bannings. :)

rockdrummer said:
Do you get paid to be a Mod or is it a voluntary thing?

It's voluntary, RockDrummer, and all too often a thankless chore.

Back