How to become a Mod

thewinterknight

Reaction score
I hereby wonder how to become a Mod of vast might and immense strength.

Do you have to kill someone in cold blood, or do you need to scare a baby into sobbing for the rest of the day.

Or do you need to command respect from the forums?

I must know or my name isn't thewinterknight!!

ARRRGGGHHHH!! *Body explodes from too much pressure on it*

I better sign up for poetry schooling. :ugh2:

you remind me of me LOL i do that sometimes in rl LOL some people thinks im weird sometimes and it what makes life interesting eh?

thewinterknight said:
ARRRGGGHHHH!! *Body explodes from too much pressure on it*

Maybe you shouldn't be out in the sun too long... :popcorn:

People who become MODS here are ether friends of the Admin or Someone they know personaly whos a mod.Thats the way it works on your job too.Cause it doesnt matter if youre the best poster or not,, nor it doesnt matter if you do your job well nether.

Buckdodgers said:
People who become MODS here are ether friends of the Admin or Someone they know personaly whos a mod.Thats the way it works on your job too.Cause it doesnt matter if youre the best poster or not,, nor it doesnt matter if you do your job well nether.

Maybe you have to sleep with the Admin?....LOL :D

What Are Moderators?
Moderators oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, and perform other manipulations. Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating.

Buckdodgers said:
Its not what you know,,Its WHO YOU KNOW..The Question is WHO!!! NOT WHAT!!

Acutally, 'both' works hand in hand with the other. ;) To know 'who' helps you know 'what', likewise, it helps you know 'what' which then helps you know 'who'. :D

Of course, this might require a bit of *thinking*.... ;)

Buckdodgers said:

I was not a friend with Admin or other moderators when I first joined AllDeaf.

I was nominated based on my exemplary role model as a poster, how I influence others and how I encouraged others.

My biggest suggestion is to post friendly, encouraging and helping others and NOT to expect moderator position at all. That is exactly what happened to me.

LinuxGold said:
I was not a friend with Admin or other moderators when I first joined AllDeaf.

I was nominated based on my exemplary role model as a poster, how I influence others and how I encouraged others.

My biggest suggestion is to post friendly, encouraging and helping others and NOT to expect moderator position at all. That is exactly what happened to me.

excellent said! :angel:

Relax, I was playing, I couldn't care less if I was a Mod (But it most certainly would be awesome tho...) Guess I have to bribe Alex :whistle:

Lol, just joking

GraysonPeddie said:
What Are Moderators?
Moderators oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, and perform other manipulations. Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating.

Yes, thank you for pointing out the meaning of the AWESOME PWNAGE ALL Mods!!!

Seriously, man, I saw some of your posts and you need to light up, drink more..

Cheers!!! :cheers:

Buckdodgers said:
The reason why youre mod is because of alex isnt it? :whistle:

Eventually it was somewhat, after all, he did approach me and asked, it also helped that I had moderated in another forum for some time as well as doing some monitoring in several chat rooms sites for a few years. And like LG stated above, that definitely helps when one posts peacefully without trying to 'start' something and being able to see the various of viewpoints with uttermost respect and diligently corresponding in a way it won't allow others to pit against one another. Also being able to take such instances whereas there will be some that might post harshly in a way whereas I may feel like being spit upon, but for those kind of instances, just being able to 'shrug' it off and not to allow those kind of things to get the best of you by handling it reasonably and with lots of patience and virtue...goes a lonnnng ways. There have been several times when a 'few' who have acted out in such ways and how I've dealt with it, they've turn about their devious ways and either now respects me or also have become friends with heightened awareness of what it takes to be patient and that life in itself is indeed precious whereby getting along together for the common good and sake of our threshold or community is far superior to lowering oneself to constant bickering, insulting, etc.,....

Each of us have unique qualities, various of opinions, thoughts, etc., putting them together and being able to discuss rationally and with respect for one another brings more people to help create harmony, peace within the community as it expands.

It all starts with 'you'...doing your 'part' within the Forum, within the community...we all can strive to help make our lives much more enjoyable and extending help in all directions with the various of viewpoints, solutions, etc., that will be posted in here...bearing these things in mind, it's something that I hold within my heart while I am moderating here in Alldeaf.com. Bottom line, there is always 'hope' for each one of us that do post in here as long as we're able to stick within the guidelines set fourth herein for AD.

Have a great 'day/night'! :wave:

Back