How old were you when you had your first date?

Wow, you seem really outgoing! I’m shy, shy, shy... yeah I guess that pretty much explains it. But it’s not like I’m a social hermit or something... I go to parties, I go out with my friends and have fun, all the time. I’m just not very good at initiating conversations with people. Also the only times I ever talk to guys is online.

If it counts... I had a boyfriend when I was 4. We made out in church.
I kissed one guy in the 7th grade playing spin the bottle – that was my first, and last, kiss.
Wowwwwwwww..... :werd:

Hi, Kim: I don't think you are weird. :)

The one question I always ask myself is "What is the worst that can happen?". When I really think about it the worst that could happen usually isn't that bad....or at least not fatal. :) Usually the worst is that no one will understand me and I won't understand them. Not a huge problem. If I use paper and pen it's ok. If the conversation isn't crucial (like the cashier at the grocery store after I buy my groceries), I can say "sorry, I don't understand, but thanks", smile, and leave. Not a big deal. If it is a big deal, they will stop me and say that. When I am at a party and meet someone, the worst that could happen is that they don't like me. Again, not a big problem. I didn't know them before the party and my life was fine, so not getting to know them won't make a big difference. If they don't like me it doesn't mean anything because they don't know me. Rejection hurts but it doesn't kill! :laugh2:

I wasn't always so outgoing. I've always been very social but I wasn't always confident enough to show it. I went to a small, private hearing school when I was a kid, and I had a great interpreter who was a teacher's aid and had a deaf dad. I used her too much because I was afraid to be myself with all the hearing kids. She finally met with me and my parents and said it had to stop. She encouraged me all the time to interact with my classmates. She asked me all the time, "What are you afraid of? You have to try because your happiness is your responsibility". It made a big impact. It is my responsibility.

So I changed. I sometimes feel like a fool, and I have had some conversations go very very wrong. :ugh3: But usually the worst doesn't happen and I'm glad I took the chance. I have to say that I am not always outgoing in all situations. I don't like loud, crowded places. I like to go to the same places so I know the people and what is expected (I go to college in the town I grew up in). And sometimes I just avoid eye contact so no one talks to me. :Oops: But usually I try.

You can do it, Kim! :applause::applause::applause::h5:

i had childhood boyfriend in 1st grade up to 4th grade broke up for some reason that i was moving away but we are still very good friend and stay in touched with each other with news and etc.. last time we saw each other was on a cruise trip 3 years ago with group of other people and other good friend of mine whom he knows also

and met my date at 11 years old on the night when i moved in and we dated for 2 years
kissed by a long time family friend that i grew up with at 12 years old
french kissed at 23 and got engaged to same man and broke up with him because he was not around much
don't ask me why so big gap in my dating life when i was teenager it was hard years for me oh well lol

I got a first kiss when I was few minutes old baby... .:giggle:

Anyway, I got a simple kiss (not french kiss) by black guy *C*, I goes the same school as him when I was 5 years old.

I (9 to 16 years old) was being on and off being that 12 years old guy *D*'s girlfriend, I went same school with.

I got a first french kiss with same guy *D*.
I got a first butterfly when I got kiss by *D*.
I first show *D* my private part as same as he showed me his private part without touch... when I was 9 years old and he was 12 years old. :giggle:

My first longest and serious relationship with *S* for over one year when I was just 17 years old and almost become engaged to be married and then my second longest relationship with *G* for over one year when I was 18+ years old due domestic volience.

I met present guy (I married for over 22 years now) when I was 20 years old and saw each other for 13 times then get married... Now we are still married for over 22 years and have 2 handsome teenagers. :)

*ahem* When I had crushed a cute boy about I was 7 or 8 yrs old and wanted a kiss w/Deaf boy J. Pah, I did made a kiss w/him at once but after all, we didn't through together as remain friendship closer for long time.

Moved another school location: Around Grade 5.
I've already miss him as well but accept move on and new life in another school. My impact felt first love sight teenager boy but can't have him due my parent's strict. Until I waited turned older teenager enough and have date w/Teenagers boys. Until finally I'm Teenagers when I was in Grade 9. I've several date w/Teenagers boy but not working out for "out dating" and decide stop do it.. (Actually French kiss)

Finished High School, When I was about 18/19 and take my time until right guy but mostly dating w/Hard of Hearing Guys but turn it out not great. Of course, I had been crush two Hard of Hearing guys. Oh well.

I moved far away mile distance way up the north of Ottawa from Toronto. I've been little antsy settled there but turn it out homesick.. I've met Deaf Guy who coming from Saskatchewan and lived in Ottawa.. Went well serious relationship turn into ugly section due abusive. I moved away from Ottawa and return my home area Toronto and got pregnant (accidently) decide to move far away from ex. Long story anyway!

I moved into London,Ontario and happily met Mr Wonderful guy who treat me so beautiful and willing do anything for my 1st son and become serious relationship.. become stronger then oppiSe got pregnant 2nd child daughter and then 3rd child son... *Bong Wedding Bell* We married.... Happily since from 2001 to now.. Guess what, I'm pregnant 4th child is on the way... LOL Wasn't planned because I have Brat 3 Teenagers..
Oh boyee... :LOL:

I didn't have my first real date and bf til I was a senior in high school. I was a late bloomer. I remember , Jason from kindergarten that I had a crush on. I did have crushes in middle school too. At the present time, I have no date or boyfriend, I hope it happens very soon.

I didn't have my first real date and bf til I was a senior in high school. I was a late bloomer. I remember , Jason from kindergarten that I had a crush on. I did have crushes in middle school too. At the present time, I have no date or boyfriend, I hope it happens very soon.

How about you date your crush, Jason? ;)

I have no crush since i was in high school

but i got first dating when i was in my 20's who lives in Tenn and not very well his name is Rusty he is deaf

they later i got another boyfriend also is busniessman his name is Garry but he have trouble with laws and he would going to jail but im lucky i dont include with him NEVER! he is hearing.

they again i got another dating with Jeff Gills who lives in Wiggins,MS he very nice man and im been dating with him for 6-7 months in relationship and i got broke-up with him they again/off relationship with him as dating but i dont dating with him anymores because he very faraway im lives in Arkansas! he is deaf.

im got another more man who met me on VP for asked me dating but i says sure but i met Shawn who met me on VP and im been chat him online lots and they later i would try to broke-up with him dues his troubles with crimes and also laws! and he asked me for send me MONEY! i told him says NO they again for send money many times but i told him that ENOUGH! i would report to police for no excuse! they later finally shawn chat me online for last times and he never broke me up! that crazy but i told him i wanted to peace and alone i need find nice man who never send me money NOPE! but he work in Africa but my mom dont accept to send that money to him! i trust my mom.

they after Shawn i met Tom on VP and he send me e-mail and also chat online but he wanted visit me and he wanted send money! that no way! forgot it! but im been dating with him for while and i got decide to break up with him! and i dont dating with scams man anymores!

i got e-mail from James Windsor and im been friend with him for while when i dating with my ex-boyfriend who is scams! and James tell me about "if you would like to have dating with me" i says SURE! but i dont know where he come from? but he come from London,England and im still in love with him! but im been e-mail with him everyday but sometimes he very busy! but i trust James!

Well, my first kiss, not sure. My first girlfriend was when I was in 7th grade(was about 13), and it lasted 2 weeks. 1st date was a year later to a dance and that one lasted 2 weeks. 1st freach kiss was with a gal in summer before 9th grade(15). We also went to far with foreplay and making out. But we broke up after like 6-9 months.

After that, I had couple relationship that my friend's sister set me up with. 1 lasted a night, but we didn't break up till a week later. Then the other lasted maybe 5 min.

My longest relationship is my wife. We been together for 6½ years(been married almost 6 years now).

I left the same, even though I am a guy. I chased 1 gal for like 18 months before I gave up on her. Her family and her knew I liked her and she liked me, but she was scared. I wrote poems and did everything I could for her. I also held her and cuddled, but she still won't go out with me. It was right before I met my wife.

butterfly in stomach...

I realized that I forget to add "in stomach"... :giggle:

:Oops: I thought "butterfly" was some sex thing! :ty:

I am still :dunno: at some of the "adult smiles". Please, don't explain! I will understand on my own! :D

I was dating when I was 12 with my first boyfriend when he was 10 in deaf school. We were been together for 8 yrs. 4 years serious relationship, 4 years open relationship since we were in different school. My first kiss (not french kiss) when I was 12. My first french kiss when I was 15.

Kimpossible...u are a very attracive and intelligent woman so I was surprised to read your first post. Howver, I can understand the shyness and I am sure there were plenty of guys that wanted to ask u out but felt too shy themselves too! :giigle:

First french kiss was in 8th grade..I was either 13 or 14 years old.

Got my first boyfriend in sophmore year of high schol but never went on a date. We just held hands, kissed, and wrote rach other at school but never saw each other at other places. Lasted for a month, I think.

got asked out on a date with a 19 year old while I was a 17 year old junior. My mom didn't like it cuz he had his own apt and she felt it wasn't appropriate. He dumped me and started dating my good friend. They r married now and have been together for almost 20 years! Iam happy for them. Yes, I was jealous of her cuz he was so hot and sexy but I fell in love with my high school sweetheart during my senior year.

We were together for 10 years..divorced in 2000. We have a daughter together.

Became single for the first time since high school for 4 years..had a blast dating different men.

2004, fell in love with my good friend of and we married a year later. Now, we have been married for 2 years and have an adorable 2 year old son.

My first date i think was when i was 13 or 14...and then my first kiss was 9th or 10th french around the same too and my longest relationship is the one im in now:) First serious bf and we've been going out for 10 months:)

Your really pretty, maybe some guys think you are the friendly "sister" type...i had that problem where your the one they come to talk to for advice on their girl troubles! lol

Your really pretty, maybe some guys think you are the friendly "sister" type...i had that problem where your the one they come to talk to for advice on their girl troubles! lol

oh boy, I'm talking to my guy friend right NOW about his girl troubles, hahaha... looks like I've been stuck in the Friend Zone for a while...

my first kiss was when i was 10 yrs old with Kris= my first boyfriend... haha.. my first french kiss was when i was 11 yrs old with hearing boy name Kevin..

my first secret admirer was Mike S. we never dated or anything.. he later moved out and i never heard from him again.. I still wonder about him! ha..

my first date was when i was 14 with my ex boyfriend name Kenny.. but we went out on a double date with his cousin Lynice and her bf then later hubby Randall..

the longest relationship i was ever in was with Kenny, my ex boyfriend - 8 yrs...

i have been single for many years.. dating on and off due to working every weekend and have few serious relationships but none of them work out jeez .. then got married earlier this year.. but now is in process of having our marriage dissolved .. sheesh!

so now im separated.... taking my time.... not rush... :)

I wonder what the first kiss is like?

Did any of you liked your first kiss?

Was it romantic or just "no big deal" thing for you?

How do you overcome your shyness if it is part of who you are? How do you get male to stop being afraid of your deafness and become willing to learn sign language? (I guess it's because where I am right now, I am not in deaf community so...)

I think generally sign language is not a popular language for hearing male to learn.

Back