How old were you when you had your first date?

kimpossible

Reaction score
Question for deaf/HOH people... I might be a bit younger than some of the people here (I'm 18..?) but I've never been on a date in my life, nor has anyone showed any kind of interest in/attraction towards me. Just wondering when most of you started dating or were in a relationship of any form. I haven't even come close (I've never kissed anyone, either). I'm not flipping out, but a little upset, and curious.

I have to say I am surprised you haven't be asked out yet. As for me, I was 16 or 17 when I finally asked somenoe out and went on a date.

First time I've been asked to be someone's girlfriend when I was 8 years old. :giggle:

First date was when I was 15 years old.

I've been kissed when I was 9 years old. (not french kiss)

I've got my first french kiss when I was 14 years old.

My longest relationship I ever had been in was 6 1/2 years.

I am 22 years old and I never dated anyone before nor kissed anyone either.

I have never been asked to go out on date before.

This kind of stuff does make you wonder if there's something wrong with you, huh? That's how I feel sometimes, but I never let it get to me. Sometimes, it's just out of our control. I just believe that things will be better if I don't put force into it, just let someone ask me out even if it take me 30 years before I was asked.

I got to ask, have you ever tried to ask someone out? Maybe that works better for you? I have never done that as of I am too shy for that. But if you are not shy then you can try it. Boys are not a mind reader, so sometimes you have to ask to see. Worse thing that can happen is that they reject you, but you can just move on and ask someone else out there. After all we have millions of boys to choose from. :)

first dating when I was 14 after 3 years I finally ask her out. too bad, she got boyfriend already.

I had my first kiss when I was 7, in my parents' backyard!

I had my first date when I was 14. Serious relationship in High school. 3 years and 3 months was the longest I went with a guy.

I'm 24, and I'm single. I need a real break right now. :D

My first kiss was in kindergarten. We would fight. If he won, he could kiss me. If I won, he couldn't. Weird, but we were just little kids. :)

My first boyfriend was in 7th grade. I couldn't go on dates, and my parents didn't know. But we held hands in school, kissed at lunch sometimes, and went to dances and parties with friends.

My first real date was when I was 15, and my parents said OK. But we usually went out with my best friend and her boyfriend.

I have been dating my boyfriend now for 13 months. In the past, I haven't liked to date just one person for a long time because I didn't want to get serious and I like to meet new people. This is the longest relationship for me. I met him on a running path. We both had finished running, and he started talking to me. This didn't go well at first (I don't like to wear HAs when I run - it makes me dizzy and I can't concentrate), but we went to a coffeeshop for water and paper and pencil and it went great then. :)

I did ask a boy out once. We met in class and knew each other for weeks. He already knew some ASL and was very easy to communicate. We were talking after class about a movie, and I asked him to go with me to see it. We dated for 6 months.

I'm 21 now.

I have a (hearing) sister who is 3 years older than me. She doesn't date much. I think it is because she is afraid of rejection. She thinks no one likes her, and you can tell by the way she acts. She also doesn't go out with friends, join clubs, or socialize much. So she doesn't meet many people. I am more outgoing and am not afraid (usually) to look like a fool - it comes naturally to me! :laugh2: But I do probably work harder at friends and communication than I seem. I think you can't be afraid. Not everyone will like you. Some will be rude or mean. But that doesn't change who you are. If a stranger doesn't like you, who cares? You still should like yourself. End of sermon. :lol:

I hope you get your first date soon! :) :applause:

wow interesting thread.

I dont really know how old i was when this guy and i used to like each other and sit next to each other everyday at 1 class. He also would ask me to dance when we have school dances (we were in 2nd or 3rd grade?) its pretty much like first date lolol

first kiss i had was in 5th grade ( not french kiss) by a guy and he also gave me a silly letter, a quarter, and a kiss. He was so sweetheart.

first french kiss i had was 17 years old.

longest relationship i had been in was almost 2 years.

unfortunately, I'm single again.

first kiss i had was in 5th grade ( not french kiss) by a guy and he also gave me a silly letter, a quarter, and a kiss. He was so sweetheart. .

:giggle: that's cute, I remember when I was in 6th grade I had a boyfriend who brought me candies every single day, even a bracelet with silver coins all around it, I wondered if he stole that from someone?

Question for deaf/HOH people... I might be a bit younger than some of the people here (I'm 18..?) but I've never been on a date in my life, nor has anyone showed any kind of interest in/attraction towards me. Just wondering when most of you started dating or were in a relationship of any form. I haven't even come close (I've never kissed anyone, either). I'm not flipping out, but a little upset, and curious.

Are you serious? Your picture shows a very attractive and vibrant young woman!

Maybe it is your approach that makes guys think you are not interested in them? Guys do fear rejection and need some reassurance before asking a girl out. Maybe smile more often and let your arms down - these people with folded arms tend to show "Stay away from me".

Are you in high school or college? Ask your friends around for their mutual friends and take a risk going on a group date or even a blind date?

I recieved my first kiss and yes french kiss when I was 8 with a son of my mom's friend. We made out furiously in a closet. :giggle: But I didnt get a date until I was 14 - since then Ive been in many different relationships. I learnt that you have to make a guy feel comfortable with you so that they wont fear rejection if they ask you out. Remember guys do have feelings :) See them as human beings, not males. Be friendly but not desperate.

Good luck :)

my first kiss was at my age 7 yrs old it was french kiss :Oops: well other guy wanted me and the boy to do french kiss even same other guy do french kiss on other girl too that he told us to learn how to french kiss so we did and my old counsellor was superviour (spelling) caught us me, one girl of my old friend, and 2 boys as you know 2 girls and 2 boys :lol: that we did french kiss but counsellor didnt said nothing just walk away from us like didnt see it lol :lol: .. Counesllor just watching all the kids at the recess at lunch time. I dont know if 1 guy and old of my friend if they still remember dunno lol and one other guy just passed away at very young age.

my first date was at 7 yrs old with a guy for short time cuz he dumped me for no reasons lol we are just a kids lol then till at real first date at my age 10 or 11 yrs old.

my first date was at 7 yrs old with a guy for short time cuz he dumped me for no reasons lol we are just a kids lol then till at real first date at my age 10 or 11 yrs old.

You went out on a date at the age of 7? Where did you go? to McDonald's. :giggle:

How come you looked so attractive and no one asked you out? Is there something that kept the boys away? :hmm:

Mine is all really short and not so serious, my first date was when I was 15 my first kiss was when I was 16 (not french kiss though) that time when I was with the girl at the deaf camp, it lasted, what? ONE WEEK! The last two was still short.

I am 20 now. Been single since, but I am being patient and taking time to find the right girl

First dating was probably 14 and had relationship for a year and few months. My longest is 7 and half years before I married to DHB. Shortest was probably a month I don't really remembered.

As for kiss part...I kissed guys at 12 but not French kiss till I was 15 I think.

Yeah, I’m with Gemma and jclarke on this one. You’re an extremely attractive young woman—I find it very difficult to believe that nobody has ever asked you out. I suspect that there’s something you’re not telling us.

Yeah, I’m with Gemma and jclarke on this one. You’re an extremely attractive young woman—I find it very difficult to believe that nobody has ever asked you out. I suspect that there’s something you’re not telling us.

No, not at all... umm... I guess, I chose a good picture for my avatar?

How come you looked so attractive and no one asked you out? Is there something that kept the boys away? :hmm:

Thanks :) I don’t know, nothing I can think of. That’s kind of why I was posting this. If it counts, I was kind of a social reject in high school; that might be it.

Are you serious? Your picture shows a very attractive and vibrant young woman!

Maybe it is your approach that makes guys think you are not interested in them? Guys do fear rejection and need some reassurance before asking a girl out. Maybe smile more often and let your arms down - these people with folded arms tend to show "Stay away from me".

Are you in high school or college? Ask your friends around for their mutual friends and take a risk going on a group date or even a blind date?

I recieved my first kiss and yes french kiss when I was 8 with a son of my mom's friend. We made out furiously in a closet. :giggle: But I didnt get a date until I was 14 - since then Ive been in many different relationships. I learnt that you have to make a guy feel comfortable with you so that they wont fear rejection if they ask you out. Remember guys do have feelings :) See them as human beings, not males. Be friendly but not desperate.

Good luck :)

Thanks for the compliment/the advice...! I’m in college right now, first year. Yeah I should ask my friends to set me up or something...! I’ve never asked anyone out, I’m way too shy. And I’m completely inexperienced, so it seems like the inexperience is going to build up gradually over the years or something, until *gasp* I’m a 40-year-old virgin or something... umm... ANYWAY =P

I have a (hearing) sister who is 3 years older than me. She doesn't date much. I think it is because she is afraid of rejection. She thinks no one likes her, and you can tell by the way she acts. She also doesn't go out with friends, join clubs, or socialize much. So she doesn't meet many people. I am more outgoing and am not afraid (usually) to look like a fool - it comes naturally to me! :laugh2: But I do probably work harder at friends and communication than I seem. I think you can't be afraid. Not everyone will like you. Some will be rude or mean. But that doesn't change who you are. If a stranger doesn't like you, who cares? You still should like yourself. End of sermon. :lol:

I hope you get your first date soon! :) :applause:

Wow, you seem really outgoing! I’m shy, shy, shy... yeah I guess that pretty much explains it. But it’s not like I’m a social hermit or something... I go to parties, I go out with my friends and have fun, all the time. I’m just not very good at initiating conversations with people. Also the only times I ever talk to guys is online.

I have 4 sisters (one I’ll exclude since she’s only 7) .... they’re all hearing: one is 19 and the other two are 14-year-old twins. They’ve all kind of skyrocketed in terms of dating, relationships and ermm everything that goes with it... my older sister’s last relationship lasted about 15 months. the twins have each had about 4 boyfriends... but they’re all more outgoing than me. Thanks a lot for your advice though =) That actually impacted me more than you may think!

If it counts... I had a boyfriend when I was 4. We made out in church.
I kissed one guy in the 7th grade playing spin the bottle – that was my first, and last, kiss.
Wowwwwwwww..... :werd:

Don't feel bad.

Are you a high school senior or a high school graduate?

I dated once or twice in high school, but I wouldn't really call them dates.

I went to a girl-ask-boy dance once during my senior year. The girl who asked me was a long-time friend that I grew up with. However, we didn't really do anything since she basically spent 95% of the dance with her "honor roll" classmates and I sat at a table chatting with another girl whose date was an athlete being busy having fun with his athlete friends.

I went out to dinner with another girl during my senior year. She already had a boyfriend and we only went out as "friends".

No, I didn't get to kiss either of them nor did I kiss anyone in high school.

My first real date and girlfriend was less than 10 years ago.

Sometimes, people do it when they're very young... or when they're much older. It varies. :)

Thanks :) I don’t know, nothing I can think of. That’s kind of why I was posting this. If it counts, I was kind of a social reject in high school; that might be it.

No Problem, Kimpossible - Why do you think as a 'social reject'?

Thanks for the compliment/the advice...! I’m in college right now, first year. Yeah I should ask my friends to set me up or something...! I’ve never asked anyone out, I’m way too shy. And I’m completely inexperienced, so it seems like the inexperience is going to build up gradually over the years or something, until *gasp* I’m a 40-year-old virgin or something... umm... ANYWAY =P

Kimpossible - I think you should consider about letting go the 'shyness' and social more with your friends, no matter what they are - give it a go, just just have fun, enjoy the youth life. ;)

Perhaps American guys didn't suit you well, don't worry about that. If you travel, you will find more guys over there.

Back